PDA

View Full Version : Factory Reset from root

ahuberpsu
09-25-2011, 02:26 PM
I tried to use Droid X Bootstrap. My phone kept rebooting (didn't even get to the Bootstrap utility or homescreen). In any case. I removed battery and held power button with home screen to see that I still have the factory reset menu. Before I attempt, i wanted to be sure I won't screw anything else up.

Phone was rooted, installed bootstrap, GB 2.3.3 .602.

If/when I do a factory reset will I have to root again?
Has any one had a chance to use bootstrap for Droid X? I have seen a lot of good things for Droid 2 bootstrap, but I tried my luck with this DXBS... obviously not very impressed yet.

DirtyDroid
09-25-2011, 02:33 PM
No you will not have to root again, everything will have to set up again and be re-downloaded.. Using droid2 bootstrap is better because it is updated.

savagerun
09-25-2011, 02:35 PM
No you won't lose root and don't use dx bootstrap use droid2 bootstrap if you have it.
Ninja'd...
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

ahuberpsu
09-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Dang,
Did the factory reset... but I'm still having the same problem. Gets to the droid eye which looks like it freezes after about 10 seconds then displays DROID again and goes to the eye... over and over

Suggestions?

DirtyDroid
09-25-2011, 02:54 PM
try wiping cache/ and also goto advanced and wipe dalvik cache...

popcenator
09-25-2011, 02:54 PM
So you have an OG X and not an X2?

ahuberpsu
09-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Already wiped cache. I don't have the option to wipe dalvik cache in the Android system recovery screen.

DirtyDroid
09-25-2011, 02:58 PM

yeah just saw that to popcenator :/...which an x2, that would cause the bootloops correct?

Nemo aeternamn
09-25-2011, 02:58 PM

good call pop... that's probably why he bootlooped... he put on the wrong recovery...

@ahuber... you'll need to use tenfars recovery if you have the x2... as you found out... droid x or droid 2 bootstrap will not work

ahuberpsu
09-25-2011, 02:59 PM

Oops.. I might have posted in the wrong area. Droid X not X2.

Nemo aeternamn
09-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Already wiped cache. I don't have the option to wipe dalvik cache in the Android system recovery screen.

dalvik will not be under the factory recovery...
there will only be cache partition...

ahuberpsu
09-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Reading a little, I think I need to SBF my phone....

Nemo aeternamn
09-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Reading a little, I think I need to SBF my phone....

With the dx... 1kds method is a great way to do that and it's just so easy too

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

ahuberpsu
09-25-2011, 04:57 PM
SBF worked great.
SBF_FLASH tool in ubuntu with .602 sbf from 1KDS.

Instructions:
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/12015-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html

Major flaw in these instructions. They didn't clarify what the Boot Loader was or how to get to it.
On the DX Hold power, camera and volume up. Otherwise the SBF_Flash tool sits on "Waiting for phone"
*228 after to program your phone and make calls.

Rooted DX again using droid_easy_root_v7d ... works like a charm.
I'm going to attempt to load Shuji v2.2 again. I bought the Droid X Bootstrap utility. I was planning on running this without the USB diagnostics on. Is it a bad idea to use this considering the last problem?

savagerun
09-25-2011, 05:02 PM
I've used it on gingerbread with the usb debugging unchecked and it worked fine but if you can i would invest 3 bucks and get the d2 bootstrap.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Nemo aeternamn
09-25-2011, 05:07 PM
another thing you can do instead of buying that because you bought droid x bootstrap..

go to the market and pick up rom manager... and you can flash the droid 2 recovery... but you will have to have the recovery bootstrapped with droid x recovery... but then from there.. you can flash different versions of the recovery

ahuberpsu
09-26-2011, 12:32 AM
I wanted to give Droid X Bootstrap the opportunity to redeem itself. Downloaded and installed. Ran WITHOUT USB DEBUGGING! Not connected to the computer. Worked great! I have Shuji 2.2 on my droid X :) Thanks everyone.