PDA

View Full Version : Motorola LTE Handset Appears With qHD Super AMOLED Display

Garemlin
09-24-2011, 05:29 PM
Sources over at This Is My Next have stated this new device may be the Motorola Spyder or the Droid RAZR or possibly the previously rumored Droid HD. Whatever the name it has a first-of-its-kind 4.3-inch, 960 x 540 qHD Super AMOLED display. Also rumored to have a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, an 8 megapixel, 1080p rear-facing camera and HD front-facing camera, as well as Moto’s Webtop environment. And is apparently outfitted in Gorilla Glass and Kevlar. What's more, the phone's got a couple of accessories on board, including a laptop dock called the Lapdock 100.

http://1876.voxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/spyder-3.jpg http://1876.voxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/spyder-2lead1.jpg http://1876.voxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/spyder-1.jpg

Source: This Is My Next (http://thisismynext.com/2011/09/24/exclusive-motorola-spyder-features-industry-first-qhd-super-amoled-display-lte-dual-core-processor/) via Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/24/motorola-lte-handset-emerges-with-qhd-super-amoled-display-ques/)

gbrinn
09-24-2011, 05:35 PM
:starstruck:
Me likey...

DirtyDroid
09-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Ohh my....black beauty :) ..hope its around march time :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

macpro88
09-24-2011, 07:57 PM
Now this will he a phone to wait for :)

[Insert mobile sig here]

HarleyDude
09-24-2011, 08:18 PM
... possibly the previously rumored Droid HD. Whatever the name it has a first-of-its-kind 4.3-inch, 960 x 540 qHD Super AMOLED display... .1080p rear-facing camera and HD front-facing camera, ...

Couldn't think of a better phone for me, whattya think, sounds like it was made for me
-HD

aramiscrimson
09-24-2011, 08:23 PM
For you, I wanna preorder dammit!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Garemlin
09-25-2011, 12:57 AM
Couldn't think of a better phone for me, whattya think, sounds like it was made for me
-HD

Yeah this is all you HD. :nerd:

nemosfate
09-25-2011, 01:10 AM
http://tapatalk.com/mu/aefcd044-c5b5-ffeb.jpg
This says it all

root, roms and themes oh my!

DirtyDroid
09-25-2011, 01:16 AM
-HD

http://www.247smartphone.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Motorola-Droid-HD.jpg

Like Garemlin said...its all you lol

Nemo aeternamn
09-25-2011, 02:08 AM
awesome... the only thing i don't care for on this phone.. is the front camera... i could live with that... to have an amoled screen... dual core 1.25 ghz processor.... and built that tough... awe yes... i hope i don't have to wait too long to get one

HarleyDude
09-25-2011, 05:29 AM
http://www.247smartphone.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Motorola-Droid-HD.jpg

Like Garemlin said...its all you lol

LOL, I love it, my own welcome screen.

fnmetal
09-25-2011, 06:09 AM
This thing looks like a beast.. its a good thing the x is such an awesome phone; otherwise I wouldn't be able to muster enough patience to wait for this to drop :)

gbrinn
09-25-2011, 07:14 AM
I might buy that phone outright...

Garemlin
09-25-2011, 07:23 AM
LOL, I love it, my own welcome screen.

Is this the Droid you have been looking for???? LOL

HarleyDude
09-25-2011, 07:38 AM
Is this the Droid you have been looking for???? LOL

Cannot believe I am saying this, but I may have to replace the X
(ok, maybe not replace, but...)

Garemlin
09-25-2011, 08:22 AM

I was all set to jump ship to the HTC Vigor. But now I am not so sure. Yeah and I know what you mean about not replacing the X. When I do get something new I'm still keeping it.

gbrinn
09-25-2011, 11:06 AM

QFT. Amen.

Bkdodger
09-25-2011, 11:30 AM
I agree with you peeps ...I'm keeping this phone for good...this new phone looks promising ...we have some decisions coming up ..haha

Sent from elGato's X..

DirtyDroid
09-25-2011, 11:50 AM
haha yeah +1 to that, kinda going with gbrinn on this one, Ide probably buy this thing outright haha

HarleyDude
09-25-2011, 11:54 AM
... not replacing the X. When I do get something new I'm still keeping it.

Absolutely!

Like_A_Boss57
09-25-2011, 12:03 PM
Oh my. Hopefully this will be coming out right around the time I am eligible for an upgrade! haha. The AMOLED displays are amazing, but I can't stand the cheap feel of most of the Samsung devices.

I don't care what the name of it is, but this thing sounds amazing.

X street
09-25-2011, 02:58 PM
I wonder how this competes with the bionic, and if it's too similiar will it even be released on verizon.

gbrinn
09-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Oh my. Hopefully this will be coming out right around the time I am eligible for an upgrade! haha. The AMOLED displays are amazing, but I can't stand the cheap feel of most of the Samsung devices.

I don't care what the name of it is, but this thing sounds amazing.

Samsung makes phones!?!?! /sarcasm, lol

Bkdodger
09-25-2011, 03:33 PM

Lol...you can always get a flat screen TV ...

Sent from elGato's X..

mugz91
09-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Hmmm, this is interesting. Kind of feels like I'm considering cheating on my X.

Nemo aeternamn
09-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Hmmm, this is interesting. Kind of feels like I'm considering cheating on my X.

haha... but it's your X for a reason...haha...

Like_A_Boss57
09-25-2011, 03:57 PM
If that's what you want to call them...that's why I said "devices" haha.

DirtyDroid
09-25-2011, 04:02 PM
haha... but it's your X for a reason...haha...
Lmao...those should be quotes of the year lol

Sent from my DROIDX

gbrinn
09-25-2011, 04:14 PM
If that's what you want to call them...that's why I said "devices" haha.

I thought they were just expensive paperweights.

Like_A_Boss57
09-25-2011, 04:52 PM
They could be, but due to being made with cheap, lightweight plastic I don't think they would be very good at that even.

crazychkn
09-25-2011, 05:18 PM
what exactly does it mean when it says that it is outfitted with a kevlar chassis?

aramiscrimson
09-25-2011, 05:34 PM
It means the body of the phone around the screen is kevlar

gbrinn
09-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Which means more impact resistant than the metal/plastic bodies of older phones.

Magic Rat
09-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Kevlar = bulletproof

My b&w home theater speaker cones are also kevlar. This phone sounds mighty nice to me.

Like_A_Boss57
09-25-2011, 09:32 PM
The thing with kevlar is it is extremely strong, so it won't crack like plastic phones could, but it won't cut down on reception like some of the metal-bodied phones do. It's a win-win. Sounds BA when you say your phone is made of kevlar, but it also makes it extremely durable while being lightweight.

Gomerm
09-25-2011, 10:56 PM
I'm so excited my belly button is puckering and unpuckering. This is what I've been waiting on. I hope its called Droid Razr. It makes me giddy.

DirtyDroid
09-25-2011, 11:03 PM
I'm so excited my belly button is puckering and unpuckering. This is what I've been waiting on. I hope its called Droid Razr. It makes me giddy.

lol, I think we should have a poll here haha ....HD, Razr, or Spyder....

Gomerm
09-25-2011, 11:04 PM
Razr!

Nemo aeternamn
09-25-2011, 11:06 PM
my vote... i think.. hd... maybe... i'm not sure....lol

gbrinn
09-26-2011, 07:19 AM
HD, here.

DirtyDroid
09-26-2011, 07:57 AM
Make that 3 HD

Sent from my DROIDX

HarleyDude
09-26-2011, 08:52 AM
my vote... i think.. hd... maybe... i'm not sure....lol

HD, here.

Make that 3 HD

Sent from my DROIDX

Choices noted
-HD

wikkdwarrior
09-26-2011, 11:24 AM
+1 for Spyder...love it! Sorry (C)Harley, lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its miui or the highway!

Miui 1.9.16.1
V6 Supercharged
Oc'd to 1.3GHz @ Ultra Low Voltage

Gomerm
09-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Make that 3 HD

Sent from my DROIDX

Party poopers lol

gbrinn
09-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Party poopers lol

Pfft. HD, FTW.

Garemlin
09-27-2011, 07:39 AM
HD

Razr already has a negative image attached to it

Spyder sounds like a car

gbrinn
09-27-2011, 08:23 AM
HD

Razr already has a negative image attached to it

Spyder sounds like a car

This ^, +1.

Gomerm
09-27-2011, 09:05 AM
Why do you think Razr has a negative image? That was a cool tough little phone when it came out. I loved mine to death. It lasted way longer than it should have with me lol.

Like_A_Boss57
09-27-2011, 09:26 AM
Haha ya I loved my original Razr too...but the ones that came out after the original one were garbage. I had the Razr2 and broke it after 2 weeks from it falling off my nightstand onto hardwood floor...awful.

I vote for HD as well

Sent from my Supercharged DroidX running MIUI 1.9.16.1 overclocked to 1.3Ghz :)

esquire
09-27-2011, 09:59 AM
*sigh* I used to think all nerds wore glasses before I joined this forum...

DirtyDroid
09-27-2011, 10:50 AM

Lmao, +1

Sent from my DROIDX

Nemo aeternamn
09-27-2011, 10:52 AM

Hey... sometimes I wear my contracts...

Wait... Uh... I mean....
I'm not a nerd....lol

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

esquire
09-27-2011, 11:22 AM
Hahaha yeah me either...see u in line for the phone.

Nickolas
09-27-2011, 11:55 AM
Kevlar = bulletproof

My b&w home theater speaker cones are also kevlar. This phone sounds mighty nice to me.

Bullet resistant. Definitely not proof.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

gbrinn
09-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Hey... sometimes I wear my contracts...

Wait... Uh... I mean....
I'm not a nerd....lol

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Close to 40 and still 20/20, uncorrected. :D

But definitely a tech nerd.

firefighterguy
09-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Bullet resistant. Definitely not proof.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

I've been enjoying reading this thread. I must say that I was going to get the Bionic (especially being one of the grandfathered clowns that have unlimited data). But now I am going to hold out for this one...Until the next one after that catches my eyes. Lmao!

But the Kevlar may or may not be bullet resistant. Depends on it's construction and thickness, and anything it is made with (like gold can have an alloy).

The bunker gear, or turnout gear, depending on where in the Country you are (the gear we wear in a structure fire) is made of Kevlar. And it isn't even close to being bullet resistant. Puncture resistant? Yes. Bullet? No. Lol.

When I was in the Service, the Kevlar helmets were bullet resistant. You could still get greased in the head.

The cop's Kevlar vest technically isn't bullet proof, either.

Kevlar, if I understand it correctly, is used to help enhance functionality, like "bullet proof" vests. The main construction and material used absorbs the impact of the small projectile, or bullet, and the Kevlar helps make the vest even more versatile and stronger.

But cool as hell that the rumored ohone is rumored to have an element of Kevlar construction.

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

gbrinn
09-27-2011, 01:17 PM
I've been enjoying reading this thread. I must say that I was going to get the Bionic (especially being one of the grandfathered clowns that have unlimited data). But now I am going to hold out for this one...Until the next one after that catches my eyes. Lmao!

But the Kevlar may or may not be bullet resistant. Depends on it's construction and thickness, and anything it is made with (like gold can have an alloy).

The bunker gear, or turnout gear, depending on where in the Country you are (the gear we wear in a structure fire) is made of Kevlar. And it isn't even close to being bullet resistant. Puncture resistant? Yes. Bullet? No. Lol.

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

Hijack/ Gotta have many layers for bullet resistance. Used to see it in drum heads and saw one get punctured by a broken stick once. /hijack

This phone definitely has my eye, for now, lol.

firefighterguy
09-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Hijack/ Gotta have many layers for bullet resistance. Used to see it in drum heads and saw one get punctured by a broken stick once. /hijack

This phone definitely has my eye, for now, lol.

...By a STICK?!!? ... How ironic. Lmao!! You have pics of that? That would make my day. Lmao

gbrinn
09-27-2011, 01:24 PM
...By a STICK!!... How ironic. Lmao!! You have pics of that? That would make my day. Lmao

Drumstick (marching band). No pix, this was nearly 20 years ago.

firefighterguy
09-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Oh. Woops! Lol I was thinking of auto/aircraft mechanics and drilling equipment. Lol. Yeah. Resistance doesn't mean it won't happen. Lol

gbrinn
09-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Oh. Woops! Lol I was thinking of auto/aircraft mechanics and drilling equipment. Lol. Yeah. Resistance doesn't mean it won't happen. Lol

Lol. Guess I should have specified to begin with instead of assuming everyone would understand what I was referring to. Gotta admit, while we knew it wasn't puncture-proof, it surprised the heck out of us to see it happen. Usually, those drum heads would warp the drum (due to being able to withstand being tightened down so much but the wood of the shell couldn't handle the stress), so very strange to see it get punched through.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread on this awesome looking new phone.

I want one. I might have to be in line at the store that day.

tpaege1
09-27-2011, 02:55 PM
If its true, I'm interested.even over the bionic. Nice but something about it doesn't grab me. Like to see the dx2 go lte.

firefighterguy
09-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Lol. Guess I should have specified to begin with instead of assuming everyone would understand what I was referring to. Gotta admit, while we knew it wasn't puncture-proof, it surprised the heck out of us to see it happen. Usually, those drum heads would warp the drum (due to being able to withstand being tightened down so much but the wood of the shell couldn't handle the stress), so very strange to see it get punched through.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread on this awesome looking new phone.

I want one. I might have to be in line at the store that day.

+1. Bionic, Scmionic. I'm waiting longer now and getting one of these things instead. Lol

gbrinn
09-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Anxiously awaiting more details on this phone.

Magic Rat
09-27-2011, 11:29 PM
Ok ..ok..not bulletproof but still tough and light weight. Sure sounds promising!

gbrinn
09-28-2011, 06:38 AM
Yes, yes it does.

Blacksantron
09-28-2011, 07:27 AM
My grandfathered upgrade is so far away motorola will be making smart cars by then

gbrinn
09-28-2011, 07:31 AM
My grandfathered upgrade is so far away motorola will be making smart cars by then

Lol. That name is already taken by a pint-sized gas sipper ;)

But I get what you mean.

firefighterguy
09-28-2011, 10:26 AM

Lmao! And force us pay for options we don't really want or need too, I imagine (cityid, blockbluster, slacker radio (I use Sirius), kindle, etc). With no way of opting out or getting rid of those options.

Oh, wait. That is verizon who does that. Moto is the one with no backbone. Who doesn't say, "No. You want to sell out phones? Quit making the cusromers (yours and ours) use your proprietary/"you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" apps. (As much as I hate apple, that is one thing I gotta give them props for. They told vzw to stick it - "If you want to sell our phones so bad, you will have to sell them without bloat" ).

It's like buying a new truck with ARB's, a snorkle, and swampers (big ol tires with tread) and being forced to get a dvd package. I have ARB's, a snorkle, and swampers. What good is that dvd package if I have a club-cab and I am bouncing along on rocks up in the mountains? Bite me. Lmao!

gbrinn
09-28-2011, 10:55 AM
Lmao! And force us pay for options we don't really want or need too, I imagine (cityid, blockbluster, slacker radio (I use Sirius), kindle, etc). With no way of opting out or getting rid of those options.

Oh, wait. That is verizon who does that. Moto is the one with no backbone. Who doesn't say, "No. You want to sell out phones? Quit making the cusromers (yours and ours) use your proprietary/"you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" apps. (As much as I hate apple, that is one thing I gotta give them props for. They told vzw to stick it - "If you want to sell our phones so bad, you will have to sell them without bloat" ).

It's like buying a new truck with ARB's, a snorkle, and swampers (big ol tires with tread) and being forced to get a dvd package. I have ARB's, a snorkle, and swampers. What good is that dvd package if I have a club-cab and I am bouncing along on rocks up in the mountains? Bite me. Lmao!

Now, wait. I like Kindle...

firefighterguy
09-28-2011, 11:03 AM
I meant it as an example. You're a kindle guy. I'm a B&N guy. Lol. ;)

gbrinn
09-28-2011, 12:38 PM
I meant it as an example. You're a kindle guy. I'm a B&N guy. Lol. ;)

Yeah, yeah ;)

DirtyDroid
10-13-2011, 10:34 AM
Motorola Event on 10/18 - Droid RAZR or Xoom RAZR Imminent? (http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/10/10/motorola-schedules-event-for-1018-droid-razr-spyder-or-xoom-razr-imminent/)

getting excited....!! :D

gbrinn
10-13-2011, 11:06 AM
Motorola Event on 10/18 - Droid RAZR or Xoom RAZR Imminent? (http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/10/10/motorola-schedules-event-for-1018-droid-razr-spyder-or-xoom-razr-imminent/)

getting excited....!! :D

This^

smurfin66
10-17-2011, 04:48 PM
WWW.Droid-razr.com
I just found this well looking for different domain names. Kind of strange

Sent from my D®°|d X

DirtyDroid
10-17-2011, 04:54 PM
Interesting....Samsung galaxy razr, then Motorola razr underneath, oh wth just call it " the one" if not going to call it HD

gbrinn
10-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Seems a bit sketchy since it can't be both Motorola and Samsung at the same time.

gunner1982
10-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Don't be fooled it still has that garbage qhd in the specs which cause I really want another moto but im not buying till the use something different

DirtyDroid
10-17-2011, 10:24 PM
Well maybe we'll hear some "official" news tomorrow hopefully! :D

Leach19m
10-17-2011, 10:28 PM
I'm not so dedicated to moto as some of you other folks. I'm going with the galaxy nexus or the *cough*iPhone*cough*

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

DirtyDroid
10-17-2011, 10:31 PM
hmmm, hope not the 4s :)....hahaha sorry leach, when is your upgrade avail.? soon?

Leach19m
10-17-2011, 10:33 PM
Now. Ill get the extra $50 for the new every two thing if I wait till februrary, but I ain't no good at waiting haha

If it makes it any better, if I do end up getting the 4s, ill be jailbreaking and theming

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

DirtyDroid
10-17-2011, 10:36 PM
haha yeah i have never been a big fan of waiting myself either, ( i actually messed up my buddy's VZW credit when the X came out...:/....) haha that was a long couple months of re=payments

Leach19m
10-17-2011, 10:49 PM
That's a nice friend to let you steal his upgrade!

Leach19m
10-18-2011, 12:08 AM
hmmm, hope not the 4s

Ya see, I had an iPhone 3g before my X. And I do kinda long for the days of not having to do anything to make my phone work. Then again, it may be like one of those old relationships where you look back and remember all the good times, but forget about that one time she threw a baseball through your TV because a girl you work with friended you on facebook. It could be like that....I dunno.

Gomerm
10-18-2011, 06:59 AM
Ya see, I had an iPhone 3g before my X. And I do kinda long for the days of not having to do anything to make my phone work. Then again, it may be like one of those old relationships where you look back and remember all the good times, but forget about that one time she threw a baseball through your TV because a girl you work with friended you on facebook. It could be like that....I dunno.

+1

gbrinn
10-18-2011, 07:10 AM

Now see, I haven't really had to do anything to get my phone to work. Granted, I have ROM'd my phone but it was "OK" on stock.