PDA

View Full Version : Native USB Tethering?

Griffdom
09-24-2011, 01:50 PM
I just switched from an OG Droid to a Droid X, and was very happy to see a Liquid ROM available for the X. However, I was wondering about USB tethering. The Liquid ROM for the OG had USB tethering as part of it's native functionality, but that doesn't seem to be the case for the X. Is there a specific reason for this?

Also, is there an app available that replicates the ease of native USB tethering? I'm aware of apps like PDANet and others, but as far as I know, those apps require software to be placed on the computer being tethered in order to work. Is there any app that allows you to just plug up, turn on tethering and go?

Nemo aeternamn
09-24-2011, 02:06 PM
As far as natively... I've heard rev is working on it... But it's not built in to any roms yet... A far as apps....those kind are all I've seen

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

sgthwjack
09-24-2011, 03:04 PM
I am running Liquid 2.6 and this is what I use.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/30948-wugpacked-gb-tether-patch-all-one-zips.html

Griffdom
09-24-2011, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I use Barnacle for wireless tethering, and it works great. In fact, it's easier to do wireless tethering than it is to do wired tethering, but wireless tethering is not always an option. I was wondering specifically about wired USB tethering.