PDA

View Full Version : Gallery problem

jdcmusicman
09-23-2011, 11:22 PM
Yesterday my gallery all of a sudden started showing every folder on my phone that has any type of pic file in it..... Before all it showed was my camera pics and folders from a few other camera apps that I use, now it shows every icon, program pic files ect, it's really irritating.. Has this happened to anyone else & if so is there a way to get rid of all the icons & mess showing up in my gallery.. I'm running 2.3.3... 602 rooted gingerbread. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Nemo aeternamn
09-23-2011, 11:29 PM
haha... ya... i have that happening too... and trust me... your not alone.. as far as an easy way to fix that... i'm not sure... i haven't looked into that... sorry... atleast you know your not alone

holly
09-23-2011, 11:43 PM
I can't answer for a rooted phone but with the quickpic app you can go into settings and set up exactly which sd files you want the app to scan and which ones to exclude. It's really handy.

And yes my gallery also shows my icons, docks, etc. but quickpic is the gallery app you want.

Sent from my non-rooted dx

jdcmusicman
09-24-2011, 12:09 AM
I just got the quickpic app, it's OK it does what you said it would. I like the stock gallery better tho. Thanks I will use the quick pic application until maybe I can find a fix for gallery.....

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

holly
09-24-2011, 12:24 AM
Yes, I like the stock app as well but it was one of the very few things that gingerbread did not improve.

Sent from my non-rooted dx