PDA

View Full Version : Hdmi?

Mckilljoyy
09-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Okay sorry for the possible re-post. So a few months ago I finally made the switch from froyo running Tranquility, then went to the pre-rooted version of the OTA gingerbread, then MIUI now Liquid. All if them I really liked, some more than others, but I haven't seen any 2.3.X roms that have the HDMI working or that still have Swype. Am I missing something? I have tried to look at each individual one but I don't know if I've overlooked it, or if it's just not an option. Thanks for any input.

Thought I would add that I have followed the directions for each install. Always sbf'd back to froyo .340, and wipes, etc. etc. That I would add that in.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

syntaxprime
09-23-2011, 08:00 PM
From what I have read from multiple roms only Darkslide X and Liberty GB support hdmi. I've never tried Liberty so I don't know about swype, but it does work on Darkslide X. Also there is suppose to be a newer rom out called Vortex based on a newer gingerbread leak that I have not tried either but also claims to have both running. Sorry it's a little vague but I don't flash roms like I used to. Lol

Sent from my Droid X running Darkslide X for Gingerbread, overclocked to 1.25ghz running at 1.12ghz. :)

Nemo aeternamn
09-23-2011, 08:09 PM
Just a quick tid bit.. Don't have the time yup read and reply right now...

But I believe the only roms that don't support hdmi... are the 2nd init roms...so cm7, miui ssx, liquid and such

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Mckilljoyy
09-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Where are the links for darkslide and such roms, can't seem to find them.

dxh3378
09-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Darkslide x is a great rom with full functionality and exceptional battery life. I believe the links to download are over at mydroidworld. The only thing is it is based on the 596 builds. You can flash it over 602 and keep the 13p radio band but it will downgrade you to 596. Although DSX is a great rom, imo, I would would go with either SSM602v3 (I'm on version 2 right now and love it) or maybe that Vortex rom (which I have not tried). These two will give you all the functionality and good battery life. The benefit of choosing one of these over DSX is that you will remain on 602, and with the variety of other roms out there for 602, you can find something cool and just nandroid back and forth for whatever your needs are at the moment.

Mckilljoyy
09-24-2011, 10:13 PM
I'm on liquid right now, which is a 2nd unit, so I'm not sure how to correctly flash over. Could you point me in the direction of some good info. I've read a lot on it and I can only find very vague instal directions

Mckilljoyy
09-24-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm on liquid right now, which is a 2nd unit, so I'm not sure how to correctly flash over. Could you point me in the direction of some good info. I've read a lot on it and I can only find very vague instal directions

Meant 2nd init, damn auto correct

Nemo aeternamn
09-24-2011, 10:51 PM
just boot into droid 2 recovery... not the 2nd init recover... and do your wipes and flash as you would coming from anyother rom

Mckilljoyy
09-24-2011, 11:39 PM
So no need to sbf or anything, just straight from liquid to one of these roms?

Nemo aeternamn
09-24-2011, 11:47 PM
depending on the rom... correct mckill... if it's the same kernel... ie... you can just flash from froyo liberty 2.0.1 to justice to liquid to ssx... no problem... but if going from... ie froyo liberty 2.0.1 to ginger liberty .09 you will need to either sbf... or install the a the all in one 596 build updater.. before you can flash...

popeye
09-25-2011, 12:49 AM
Not trying to hijack but is anyone looking into the HDMI bug at present for 2 init?

Nemo aeternamn
09-25-2011, 12:52 AM
Not trying to hijack but is anyone looking into the HDMI bug at present for 2 init?

i haven't really heard much into that as far as progress wise... so i think that's a no for now

Mckilljoyy
10-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Ok everybody, thanks for your input and help. Running Darkslide now, awesome rom, pretty snappy for blur. It's nice to have everything working on my phone again, and even though it's blur I'm still gettin 21-2200 quad scores. This is exactly what I was looking for, once again, thanks fire the help and input. Lastly BBC awesome job!

gbrinn
10-01-2011, 10:24 PM
DSX is a great Blur-based ROM. I have no problems recommending it.