PDA

View Full Version : Rooted Gingerbread 4.5.602 Install Help

Chunkerz
09-23-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm not sure if this post belongs here, or the Droid X Help forum. If this is the wrong place I'm really sorry :(

I fallowed the instructions on this site (http://www.droid-life.com/2011/08/18/rooted-droidx-gingerbread-4-5-602-available/) and when I use the bootstrap I can't make any selections. I can't use it to open the files I downloaded or even boot my phone. When I pull the battery and start my phone normally everything goes fine. Is there a certain area on my SD card that I'm supposed to place the two files I downloaded? How do I select things using the bootstrap? I tried all of the buttons (menu, home, back, search, and the lock button). Could the problem be that I'm using the Droid 2 bootstrap (even though all of the other sites I've looked at say to use the Droid 2 bootstrap)?

Thanks,
Jeff

Chunkerz
09-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Never mind, I solved my own problem. I tried the one button I didn't think would do anything (the camera button) and it's installing now!

Chunkerz
09-23-2011, 11:42 PM
I've developed two new problems :( The first one is I can't view any of my pictures/videos unless I manually go to my SD card and open them. When I go to my gallery it says there are no images to display. I searched online and one site suggested unmounting my SD card and reformatting it. I saved everything to my laptop and unmounted/reformatted my SD card and it worked! Now for some reason I have to dig through everything again >:(

My second problem is I can't edit any of my contacts. When I go to a contact and try to edit it, it'll just close and take me back to the home screen :( Does anyone have any suggestions? So far I'm liking GB, except for these small issues....

Sent from my DROIDX

Edit- just wanted to update that I managed to get my gallery/contacts working again! I cleared the cache for my gallery about 3 or 4 times and rebooted my phone in between each cache clearing and now it works. I did more reading and it turns out I couldn't edit my contacts because I had the yahoo contacts stuff frozen. It makes no sense that having yahoo frozen would affect editing my contacts, but whatever.....

Edit #2- Now that I can edit preexisting contacts, I can't add new ones. I still have yahoo contacts unfrozen. Any thoughts?

Chunkerz
09-26-2011, 02:28 PM
My phone is REALLY starting to piss me off now!!! Sometimes my contacts will work, but the next time I reboot my phone they don't work anymore :mad2: I have EVERYTHING related to contacts defrosted and I've wiped the cache for the contacts/rebooted my phone at least 10 times. I've done a factory reset at least 2 times due to unrelated problems. This is really pissing me off!!!! I should have just kept my rooted version of Froyo and just ignored all of the hype about GB :cry: Would a custom ROM help fix all of these problems with .602??? I read that you can't freeze some stuff in GB that you could in Froyo, but if I didn't know what it was I didn't touch it. Please help!!! I am about to throw my phone at the wall :mad2::cry::mad2::cry:

Edit- Well it looks like I posted this thread for nothing since I'm giving up on GB (for the second time). My evil phone upgraded to .605 behind my back (I didn't see the update window pop up) and I lost all of my root access :( I'm going back to 2.2.1. Much easier to root, gave me WAY less problems, battery life was better, etc.