PDA

View Full Version : phone stuck at bootloader screen. help.

kn0wsk1ll
09-22-2011, 08:08 PM
so i tried installing .602 with sbfboot. i charged my phone to 90% to sbf. ran sbf program. restarted with phone plugged in. it did its thing. when it was done it said to take the battery outta my phone and reinstall. then to hold power and home key when restarting. i did, but it doesnt show lil droid guy with triangle. it goes to bootloader screen. the screen displays this:

Bootloader
Err: A5,69,35,00,21

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

what did i do wrong?

popcenator
09-22-2011, 08:36 PM
If by restarted the phone you mean you rebooted into the bootloader, then ran SBFBoot, it sounds like you had the process right. Have you tried any other method?

kn0wsk1ll
09-22-2011, 08:43 PM
no, i just retried it and it didnt work. also where was the .602 file supposed to go? it never asked me for it. it just started flashing.

popcenator
09-22-2011, 08:45 PM
It's built into the program. Try this (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html) method, it's pretty easy and there's proven success with it.

thearchiexdm32
09-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Its way better if you just sbf back to group and update from there. Its a little bit more time consuming but better. Make sure the stuff you download is compatible with your pc cuz depending on if you have windows 7 or xp you have to download rsd 4.8 or 4.9. Well hope this was helpful. I've been in your situation before so just keep researching and hope you get it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Nemo aeternamn
09-23-2011, 10:41 PM
+1 to 1kds's method... it's alot less hassle free...

Edit: err.. the one that popcentor linked

droidxter
09-25-2011, 02:30 AM
ok heres one....... i was attempting to get to prerooted GB, using the instructions for the two part (flash?) i found on droid life.com. sbf bak to froyo, worked fine, rerooted with z4, installed d2bootastrap, in bsrecovery i flashed the first part, seemed ok said all good, left me in bootstrap, when i flashed the 2nd part it said there was no file....... now im stuck. tried it a few more times got the same msg. tried to go back to froyo from recovery cant. enerd up pulling bat to restart, now i got a boot loop on the grey moto screen. got to stock recovey tried to factory reset, no good. stuck at work for 12 hrs with no way to sbf back..... any other options? will sbf work? what should i sbf back to froyo? or is there a better option>?

Nemo aeternamn
09-25-2011, 02:46 AM
ya... you will have to sbf... there isn't another option where you'r at... but and sbf will work just fine
sbf to 602... then use the one click method... it's easier then this...
and it's less hassle..

1kds sbf method works good... i prefer it to rsd

droidxter
09-25-2011, 03:39 AM
I figured that. Thanks for the tip. 12hr shift with no X is BOOOOORRRRIIIINNNNNGGGGGG!!!!!!!! Getting paid overtime to cruse the fourm makes it all good!!!