PDA

View Full Version : Stable cm7 for gb

icedice34
09-22-2011, 06:32 PM
I am currently using cm7 on the Ginger kernel. I belive I am using the nightly from 9/8. I'm not a programmer, and I travel a lot, so I need a stable version with GPS, wifi, etc. Can anyone tell me what the newest and most stable/error free version of cm7 for the gingerbread kernel is?
I do understand this is a beta, so its never going to be perfect. Just looking for the current best!

I've been downloading from roozwiki. Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

gbrinn
09-22-2011, 06:46 PM
There's a new nightly from 9/21. I'll post the link in a minute or three.

gbrinn
09-22-2011, 06:49 PM
new build dropped...

New Build with Nis's updated MIUI Battery Bar code :)

2011-09-21:
http://synik4l.net/phcdownload/download.php?id=52 (http://synik4l.net/phcdownload/download.php?id=52)
MD5: 552f73dc2e23655b7b821009a2bef1bb

Here you go.

Nemo aeternamn
09-22-2011, 07:02 PM
good call on three minutes..haha

gbrinn
09-22-2011, 07:09 PM
good call on three minutes..haha
Lol. Didn't even pay attention to the post time. That's hillarious.

icedice34
09-22-2011, 10:29 PM
So this one is stable? I thought I read somewhere else on the forum it was broken for wifi?

gbrinn
09-22-2011, 10:34 PM
No wifi problems for me.

Nemo aeternamn
09-22-2011, 10:36 PM
So this one is stable? I thought I read somewhere else on the forum it was broken for wifi?

That's only for a few people... Most don't... To be safe... Wipe cache and dalvik

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

icedice34
09-23-2011, 12:15 AM
That's only for a few people... Most don't... To be safe... Wipe cache and dalvik

Perfect thanks! So, do I need to update to this new 605 ota? Or is that not necessary at this point since I'm using cm7? Also I'm planning to help my bro with the switch to cm7 this weekend, can he be on 605, or should I sbf him to 602?

Nemo aeternamn
09-23-2011, 12:25 AM
you'll wanna be on 602... i think there might be something different in the kernels... as they do display differently... if you have time... you can try installing on 605... but you might have to end up sbf'ing because of bootloops/fc/issues...
if you try it... i'd love to hear how it goes...

if your already on cm7 on the ginger kernel... then you'll just need to flash the new nightly...
and i'd suggest on your brothers phone... sbfing to 602 then install cm7 on the ginger kernel...

xjeepguy
09-23-2011, 04:31 AM
I'm on it right now, and it is near perfect as far as I can tell. I dont see myself running a different rom any time soon. As far as stability goes, this thing has taken my constant tinkering, clocking, swapping themes, etc. and has not force closed at all. Best rom I have run yet.

icedice34
09-24-2011, 12:39 PM
I just downloaded, when I tried to get into status bar tweaks, it errored and force closed all cm7. I tried rebooting, also tried clearing data for cm7. Finally ended up restoring to the 9/8 nightly. Any tips?

Nemo aeternamn
09-24-2011, 12:49 PM
I just downloaded, when I tried to get into status bar tweaks, it errored and force closed all cm7. I tried rebooting, also tried clearing data for cm7. Finally ended up restoring to the 9/8 nightly. Any tips?

When you get in the new build... You need to go into settings/applications/manage applications/"all"tab... Then scroll down to cyanogen settings... And clear data for that

icedice34
09-24-2011, 12:54 PM
I didn't see settings ...I only saw cm7 stats, cleared that...my bad.

As long as you are answering, I downloaded rom toolbox. There are several roms to download. Will they all work on the Ginger kernel?

Nemo aeternamn
09-24-2011, 01:16 PM
I didn't see settings ...I only saw cm7 stats, cleared that...my bad.

As long as you are answering, I downloaded rom toolbox. There are several roms to download. Will they all work on the Ginger kernel?

It'll bre under cyanoganmod settings...

No... Besides rev's nightlies... shuji and liberty ginger bread... The rest are for froyo kernel