PDA

View Full Version : Help me with supercharger..

ems3
09-21-2011, 06:05 PM
I am currently on Miui 1.9.16.1 I am trying to install v6 supercharger but I am getting an error. Anybody out there that can help?(I know there is on this site) PLease help me out, I am out of ideas for this. lol

Nemo aeternamn
09-21-2011, 06:07 PM
what't the error say?
and what is your process to try and get it going?

Edit:
oh ya... you can also try flashing jakebites mod... and then you just use the terminal emulator... so you don't have to install it...
it says it's for cm7... but i believe it's mainly for the gb kernel... so you should be good... if you wanna look it up it's over on rootzwiki...
if ya want i'll post a link when i got a few minutes

cobracon71
09-21-2011, 06:56 PM
go to market install script manager also while you are there get jrummy's busybox installer make sure you have your launcher set to not keep in memory put this file on your memory card where you know where it is http://media.xda-developers.com/images/attach/txt.gif V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update8.sh.txt (http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=661892&d=1311292674)

open script manager check run as root but do not check run at boot find the file above and run it go throught the options and choose option 8 for droid x

oh the busybox you should use will be 1.18.2

BracesForImpact
09-21-2011, 07:04 PM
You DONT NEED SCRIPT MANAGER FOR JUST THIS. I didnt feel the need to download script manager just for one script, so instead i just used terminal emulator which everyone should have because its much more useful.

1) Download the version of the script you want, I'm on version 8. 2) Put it on your sdcard, change the name to just v6.sh 3) Open terminal emulator, type: - su - cd sdcard - sh v6.sh 4) the script will run, choose your option (i'm using option 8 since the droid X has 512mb memory) and then reboot by using option 16. your changes will be there even after you reboot (you can confirm by running the script again and choosing option 1 to get your status)

ems3
09-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Cobracon, THANKS. I guess I had a bad download, but I got your link loaded on the phone. What is a good setting aggresive. balanced, multi task? I appreciate all the help I knew I would find some help on here. :excited:

cobracon71
09-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Cobracon, THANKS. I guess I had a bad download, but I got your link loaded on the phone. What is a good setting aggresive. balanced, multi task? I appreciate all the help I knew I would find some help on here. :excited: i run setting 8 512mbram

ems3
09-21-2011, 07:12 PM
Braces, thanks but I actually already had script manager when I was going to supercharge in the past but didn't. I actually have terminal emulator also, but didn't know the steps to use it. Either way you guys got me there and I can tell a difference. Thanks for help

cobracon71
09-21-2011, 07:12 PM
You DONT NEED SCRIPT MANAGER FOR JUST THIS. I didnt feel the need to download script manager just for one script, so instead i just used terminal emulator which everyone should have because its much more useful.

1) Download the version of the script you want, I'm on version 8. 2) Put it on your sdcard, change the name to just v6.sh 3) Open terminal emulator, type: - su - cd sdcard - sh v6.sh 4) the script will run, choose your option (i'm using option 8 since the droid X has 512mb memory) and then reboot by using option 16. your changes will be there even after you reboot (you can confirm by running the script again and choosing option 1 to get your status)yes you are right but not everyone know hows to use TE so script manager works its not like it takes any space or uses any memory and makes it very easy

ems3
09-21-2011, 07:17 PM
Cobra what do you use personally for Overclocking?

cobracon71
09-21-2011, 07:29 PM
Cobra what do you use personally for Overclocking?I use android overclock by jrummy has alot of extras also

iI am ocd @1.25 ulv running 3000 to 3100 quad scores

ems3
09-21-2011, 08:04 PM
I thnk I will be getting that along with the supercharge.....Miui just got faster:big smile:

cclauss777
09-22-2011, 06:19 PM
Sorry to butt in but I have a question.

I'm curious to know if you only check the 'Run as root' box for Supercharger, will this reset after reboot and you will have to manually go back and supercharge again?

And why is it not recommended to check the box, 'Run at boot'? Thanks for anyone who answers my noobie question.

Leach19m
09-22-2011, 06:22 PM
I would assume because it's a permanent change to the system that persists through a reboot, so there's no need to rerun it every time

My name is Mike, and I'm a flashaholic. But thanks to my sponsor, MIUI, I've been clean for weeks.