PDA

View Full Version : Flashed ATRIX ...phone issues ...advice?

bluesnell
09-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Okay so I wanted to add a little back story...just a LITTLE! I got my x2 2 weeks ago...it had problems right out of the box...blacking out the bottom half of photos ...the keyboard typing invisible that only showed after you hit send...then suddenly the phone said no sd card...and stopped recognizing the card. I took it in to Verizon and the guy did a factory reset trying to keep me from getting a refurb ...and it still didn't recognize the sd card. So a refurb *sigh* is on its way...however...I got home and suddenly it recognized the sd card and everything has been working swimmingly....

The refurb still isn't here I was going to send it back...so I started playing ..rooted...flashed ATRIX rom last night and its lovely. Worked fine last night....then this morning the dialer wont open...and it no longer recognizes the sd card. I DID skip a step on accident did dnt clear dalvik cache when I flashed ATRIX.....any thoughts here....bad hardware from the start? Take the refurb? Or should I just do a system recovery and see if sd card comes back?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

victimssun
09-20-2011, 01:29 PM
Me? I'd get the refurb out of the box and do what your plans are with it, see how it works for a few hours, then decide. Sounds more like a hardware issue that a rom isn't going to resolve.

juhde
09-20-2011, 01:40 PM
What victim said, but just remember if you send a rooted phone back to Verizon they'll charge you full price.

Sent from my Android device.

bluesnell
09-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Can you tell me what I need to do to indoor this one now?

juhde
09-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Can you tell me what I need to do to indoor this one now?

Undo? You need to sbf and factory reset to bring it back to a out of the box state.

Sent from my Android device.

lpmboss
09-27-2011, 09:32 PM
im looking for proof that verizon doesnt know that the device has been rooted...... not looking for a debate.. I just want solid evidence.. because I have sbf'd back to froyo and waited for the ota but it never came .. thinking verizon sees and it shows in thier system the device is moded ..... how would they not know..?

Snipples007
09-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Have you manually checked for the OTA?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums