PDA

View Full Version : wireless tether for root & gingerbread or custom rom

ulebsorry
09-20-2011, 12:13 PM
does anyone know if i put a custom rom like or a CM7 builds if i can get the wi-fi tether app to work? If so what recommendation would you use on the DX, currently running the ota gingerbread 602, then rooted. Nothing more done to it.or should i sbf back to froyo and continue using it the old way for awhile? Thanks I am sorry if this has been addressed somewhere else, i could not find anybody talking about a fix for the wireless tether lately.

Nemo aeternamn
09-20-2011, 12:23 PM
I'd say go with cm7 on gb kernel... Then you'll be good to tether... I'm loving cm7...
You'll just need to pick out up from rootz wiki

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

ulebsorry
09-20-2011, 12:33 PM
any special build or stable ver i am looking for? will it come with instructions? kinda new at this thanks

Nemo aeternamn
09-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Here is the link for ya... Grab builds 9/19
http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?3335-DEV_THREAD-DroidX-CM7-with-Gingerbread-Kernel
And what were you wanting instructions with?

ulebsorry
09-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Need instructions on how to install the custom rom.

Nemo aeternamn
09-20-2011, 02:21 PM
There are instructs on the link above... And if you need any other clarification or any other questions... Feel free to ask

ems3
09-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Have you used the Wugfresh tether patch? I believe it works on most any rom Keeps from getting the verizon site on your phone after tethering. CM7 I know runs tether no issues. **Not that I am encouraging you to tether**