PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready to flash DarkSlide X

Amazonfemme
09-19-2011, 02:29 PM
I've been reading up on flashing and ROMs in anticipation of finally taking the leap (I wanted to do it a couple of weeks ago, but stuff came up). I've settled on DarkSlide X, mostly because of the battery life (and because the screenshots look awesome). But I've read so much in so many places that it's all a bit of a jumble. I could use some clear guidance from the ROM gurus here!

I'm on the TBH two-part, rooted, deodexed .596 GB. Here's the system info:

System version 4.5.596
Android version 2.3.3
Baseband version BP_C_01.09.12P

I used Droid2 Bootstrap to create a nandroid backup. I backed up all of my apps and data in Titanium Backup. USB debugging is checked (in case that makes a difference). Is there anything else I should do before I try to flash the ROM?

I downloaded DarkSlide X from here (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-roms/8097-darkslide-x-here.html#post87158). Is that the most up-to-date version?

Also, as I understand it, I should just be able to flash it right over GB since I'm already on rooted .596. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance for your help!

jloya
09-19-2011, 02:34 PM
everything is look good, remember wipe data/dalvik cache/cache before flashing

this is a top notch rom, been running it for over a month and couldnt be happier

rnh
09-20-2011, 05:35 PM
it will also run on rooted .602 which is what I run on

fernbch
09-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Since you're on the 596 two part, flash away. Remember to wipe after. If you decide to flash the 602 two part, you can. You'll wind up with the 13p radio, but revert back to 596 since DSX is built on it.

My Droid Thrives on the DarkSlide!!!

Amazonfemme
09-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Fernbch, so I'd wipe, then flash .602, then flash DSX?

fernbch
09-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Pretty much. I'm still on 596, haven't updated the radio yet. I was running Froyo when I went to dsx. I flashed 596 two part, wipe/reset, and flashed dsx. It only took about 20 min and I was done. Remember, if you flash 602, then dsx, you will revert to 596. Dsx is built on 596, not 602, but you should keep the 13p radio. If you have any questions you can also head over to MDW. There's a thread dedicated to DarkSlideX there.

gbrinn
09-22-2011, 01:21 PM
I can confirm that you will keep the updated (.13p) radio.

nemosfate
09-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Fernbch, so I'd wipe, then flash .602, then flash DSX?

If you haven't noticed or just wasn't a quick link here is Wulf's river themes for DsX
http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/droid-x-themes/31533-theme-darkslide-x-colored-river-themes-what-color-will-your-dsx-swim.html

root, roms and themes oh my!

savagerun
09-22-2011, 01:59 PM
If you haven't noticed or just wasn't a quick link here is Wulf's river themes for DsX
http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/droid-x-themes/31533-theme-darkslide-x-colored-river-themes-what-color-will-your-dsx-swim.html

root, roms and themes oh my!
EDIT.. Sorry nemo didn't mean to quote you.....
Hey guys you got me confused. The only way she can get the 13p radio is if she takes the 602 ota and roots it or if she sbf's 602 then roots. She can also sbf to froyo then root and flash the 13 baseband before flashing the 2part prerooted 602 and from there she can flash dsx and keep the 13 radio. Maybe im not understanding you guys right. Correct me if im wrong haha...

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

gbrinn
09-22-2011, 02:11 PM
EDIT.. Sorry nemo didn't mean to quote you.....
Hey guys you got me confused. The only way she can get the 13p radio is if she takes the 602 ota and roots it or if she sbf's 602 then roots. She can also sbf to froyo then root and flash the 13 baseband before flashing the 2part prerooted 602 and from there she can flash dsx and keep the 13 radio. Maybe im not understanding you guys right. Correct me if im wrong haha...

The 2-part rooted .602 has the .13P radio included, as would any of the choices you're tossing out there. In any case, flashing a .602 then flashing DSX, while taking you back to a .596 build, will keep you on the .13P radio.

savagerun
09-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Ok i see what you mean about the 2part 602 having the 13 with it. I confuse easily haha... The thing that got me confused was hearing you guys say to flash a 602 before going on dsx and i was thinking.... A 602 what.

gbrinn
09-22-2011, 02:47 PM
lol. Sorry if I confused you.

savagerun
09-22-2011, 03:02 PM
lol. Sorry if I confused you.

Thats ok gb getting confused now and then is good exercise for my brain. Forces me to think harder so thanks for confusing me LOL... just try not to do it to often or my brain will heat up like your DX.

gbrinn
09-22-2011, 03:17 PM
Thats ok gb getting confused now and then is good exercise for my brain. Forces me to think harder so thanks for confusing me LOL... just try not to do it to often or my brain will heat up like your DX.

ROLFMAO. That would definitely not be a good thing. 122 degrees would cook your brain cells like a scrambled egg...

Amazonfemme
09-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Pretty much. I'm still on 596, haven't updated the radio yet. I was running Froyo when I went to dsx. I flashed 596 two part, wipe/reset, and flashed dsx. It only took about 20 min and I was done. Remember, if you flash 602, then dsx, you will revert to 596. Dsx is built on 596, not 602, but you should keep the 13p radio. If you have any questions you can also head over to MDW. There's a thread dedicated to DarkSlideX there.

Thanks!

At the risk of asking TOO many questions, would this work as well?

Wipe
Download OTA .605
Root with D3 one-click
Flash DSX

savagerun
09-23-2011, 12:35 PM
I see no problem with that.

Amazonfemme
09-28-2011, 12:00 AM
Well, I was finally able to set aside some time tonight to flash DSX. I opted to just flash it over .596 rather than trying to SBF to .602 or having to unfreeze everything and take the OTA. The install was super fast and easy, and went off without a hitch.

It took me a while to get the phone set up because I restored my apps one by one -- an overabundance of caution, perhaps, but my time was limited and I needed to have a functional phone. Everything back in place and working fine as far as I can tell.

I'm really loving DSX so far. Zippy little thing, isn't it? :-)

Thanks again for the feedback and guidance. As always, you folks rock!

savagerun
09-28-2011, 01:40 AM
Well, I was finally able to set aside some time tonight to flash DSX. I opted to just flash it over .596 rather than trying to SBF to .602 or having to unfreeze everything and take the OTA. The install was super fast and easy, and went off without a hitch.

It took me a while to get the phone set up because I restored my apps one by one -- an overabundance of caution, perhaps, but my time was limited and I needed to have a functional phone. Everything back in place and working fine as far as I can tell.

I'm really loving DSX so far. Zippy little thing, isn't it? :-)

Thanks again for the feedback and guidance. As always, you folks rock!

DSX has always been one of my favorites. Im sure you'll like it!