PDA

View Full Version : problem with installing Atrix

Chiknhawk
09-19-2011, 06:46 AM
I have rooted my phone and went to download the atrix files. I did download the right files atrix, 0.1 and 0.1-0.2 and 0.2-0.3. After downloading I open the files using Winrar and it showed me 3 folders (data, META-INF, system).So I connected my phone to PC and copy and pasted these files to my internal SD under download section. Then I went to recovery mode and I wiped data,cache, then went to my download folders and I didnt see any nameless-series_stock file. I just see the exact same file I copy and pasted from my PC which is data, META-INF, system. Was there some special way I had to get these Atrix files to my phone to flash ROM?? Im a noob at this. Please help

victimssun
09-19-2011, 07:27 AM
You'll want to copy the entire .zip file to your sd card. Then run recovery, install .zip from sdcard, navigate to the .zip and install. Then do the same for the patches

firefighterguy
09-19-2011, 07:52 AM
Adding a little just incase, you won't be able to flash the rom in stock recovery - the one that is native on the phone. You will need the custom recovery, if you don't already have it. If you search the forums, you will find the X2 bootstrap (the custom recovery). Once you have it installed, plug your phone in and run the app and select "install recovery." Then after it gives you the success popup, select "recovery mode." And you should be able to flash it from there. When you do flash it, do it all over again (it has the custom recovery built into the rom so you won't have to reinstall the app.) Because when you factory reset, you will loose the recovery mode. But when you install the revovery mode and select recogery mode again with your phone plugged in, select the option to reboot. And after that, as long as you don't select battery mode or do a data wipe, you will be able to boot into bootsrap whenever you have the phone plugged into the charger.

Flashing a rom is as simple as what the above poster said. You don't need WinRAR or anything. Nor will you have to do anything else other than to select install zip from bootstrap. :-)

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

Are we really Free? How "Free" do you think we are when we are not allowed to do anything without potentially being in violation of *something. *

Chiknhawk
09-20-2011, 02:17 AM
OK, so I figured out what I was doing wrong. Rather than leaving the .zip as is before putting it in SD card, I unzipped it before putting it in the SD card. Now my next question is, while I am installing the 3 files from system recovery, what do I do after installing the first file? Do I reboot the phone and let it restart, then open recovery again and than I install second file then restart?? Or do I just install all 3 then reboot?? And one more question is before I install first file, I should clear cache and Davlik cache, but what about system data?? Do I clear system data too before I start installing the first Atrix file??

victimssun
09-20-2011, 07:44 AM
I'm not 100% sure if it matters, but for safety reasons, you could just install atrix, restart, enter recovery, install patch, restart, enter recovery, install patch. That's how I'd handle it.

You want to clear all three, cache, Dalvik, and system data.

firefighterguy
09-20-2011, 10:26 AM
OK, so I figured out what I was doing wrong. Rather than leaving the .zip as is before putting it in SD card, I unzipped it before putting it in the SD card. Now my next question is, while I am installing the 3 files from system recovery, what do I do after installing the first file? Do I reboot the phone and let it restart, then open recovery again and than I install second file then restart?? Or do I just install all 3 then reboot?? And one more question is before I install first file, I should clear cache and Davlik cache, but what about system data?? Do I clear system data too before I start installing the first Atrix file??

Shouldn't have to reboot at all between zip installs. As long as you clear your dalvik cache, cache patitions and clear data before flashing your first zip, you should be fine. I flashed .1 then .1-.2 then ..2-.3. Without a hitch. I also downloaded the full .2 and flashed .2-.3 without a hitch too. But like I said, be sure to clear dalvik and the other cache partition, and clear data in bootstrap first.

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

victimssun
09-20-2011, 12:14 PM
I'd listen to him ^ . haha, I just installed .2. Then a couple days later realized there was .2 > .3.

Chiknhawk
09-21-2011, 01:40 AM
thanks guys for the quick responce. I have just installed it, and will see how it handles next few days.

firefighterguy
09-21-2011, 02:22 AM
Sweet! Good to hear. Just to letcha in on a little secret too, give it a couple or a few days to "break in" or "settle." And then see how its going. ROM's usually have a breakin period - like when you buy a new car or new shoes/boots.

victimssun
09-21-2011, 07:27 AM
Sweet! Good to hear. Just to letcha in on a little secret too, give it a couple or a few days to "break in" or "settle." And then see how its going. ROM's usually have a breakin period - like when you buy a new car or new shoes/boots.

Seee.. this is helpful. This was my first rom. I flashed it, flashed back to my backup, then immediately went back again thinking I should give it a second chance (all within an hour). I had a phone identity crisis. But now, I've got it all setup just right, loving it!

Chiknhawk
09-22-2011, 02:01 AM
So far I do like the zippy speed and animation. But one thing that bothers me is that I have a Tegra device but now it doesn;t recognize that and I cannot play any Tegra games. Any suggestions around this??

juhde
09-22-2011, 02:36 AM
It's a known problem with the fingerprint, and far as I know there is no work around other than backing up the apps while on stock and restoring them in the atrix ROM.

Sent from my Android device.

shagg9
09-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Im new to the dx2 but a veteran of the dx and all things flashing and sbfs. My question is: I want to go to ATRIX but im concerned about getting back to fresh sbf. I downloaded the sbf file but there are no complete step by step explanations on sbf -ing a dx2? Any links? Thanks

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

juhde
09-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Im new to the dx2 but a veteran of the dx and all things flashing and sbfs. My question is: I want to go to ATRIX but im concerned about getting back to fresh sbf. I downloaded the sbf file but there are no complete step by step explanations on sbf -ing a dx2? Any links? Thanks

http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/droid-x2-support/37159-guide-how-sbf-x2.html

shagg9
09-22-2011, 03:01 PM
http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/droid-x2-support/37159-guide-how-sbf-x2.html

Thank you sooooooo much. Life made simpler. Now I can have a clean base for ATRIX v.4

Chiknhawk
09-23-2011, 01:42 AM
Do u think X2 will ever get the OTA 2.3.4??

juhde
09-23-2011, 02:41 AM
Do u think X2 will ever get the OTA 2.3.4??

My opinion, we'll probably get ICS instead. Motorola seems to be focusing on the X and putting X2 on the back burner. But in reality there's no way to know.

shagg9
09-24-2011, 11:56 AM
I am curious if I "need" to sbf my dx2 before flashing ATRIX v.4. Is it a necessity like with my dx? I always sbf-ed before a flash. (Except cm7 based liquid to ssx & back) I just don't wanna brick it at work and be in desperate need of an sbf and have to wait until I get home.

thecoondog76
09-24-2011, 01:06 PM
I have tried twice installing this rom and both times the rom would get my internal and external sd cards mixed up! Anyone else having this problem?

victimssun
09-24-2011, 01:24 PM
That's how it was setup. I think that's how they were originally suppose to be. So to answer your question, it's not a flaw. They have released a zip to flash that will switch them. You'll have to search though

victimssun
09-24-2011, 01:26 PM
I am curious if I "need" to sbf my dx2 before flashing ATRIX v.4. Is it a necessity like with my dx? I always sbf-ed before a flash. (Except cm7 based liquid to ssx & back) I just don't wanna brick it at work and be in desperate need of an sbf and have to wait until I get home.

No need to sbf, just be on any gb, and clear cache/data/dalvik. And of course always make a nandroid backup beforehand in. case you run in to any issues.

thecoondog76
09-24-2011, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the help

shagg9
09-24-2011, 02:53 PM
Thanks for being awesome and giving me the quick help

firefighterguy
09-25-2011, 11:06 PM
No worries. Glad you guys were able to get it all going. :-)