PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Flashing a ROM on DX w/ .602

Gorgerax
09-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Hi All. Relative newbie here. I have rooted and flashed a Viewsonic G-tab successfully and recently was able to root my Droid X with OTA .602. (Used the Motorola One Click Root app) I have Rom Manager 4.4.0.7 and follow the directions to a "t" (at least I think I am!)

I find a mod based on the .602. Copy it to the root of the DX SD Card,
Start up Rom manager and select "Install from SD Card"
Click Backup ROM,
Wipe Data and Cache
Wipe Dalvik Cache

When when the DX reboots and just restarts everything with no Changes.

So I try booting directly into Clockwork mod...

Select the option to Wipe data/factory reset.
Then select the option to Wipe cache partition.
Select Install zip from sdcard.
Select Choose zip from sdcard.
Select the [rom name].zip.
But what happens next is the zip opens up to reveal 3 more folders. I never do see a *img file.

I know I must be doing something wrong...no doubt based on "old info". Please help!

fnmetal
09-18-2011, 02:31 PM
I think you want to be using the Droid 2 bootstrap application, not rom manager to flash a rom from stock rooted .602..

Rom manager is only used on the dx if you're running a "2nd-init" rom like cm7, or miui ..

Edit: always make sure to verify the md5 checksum of the rom zip file also, make sure the file is not corrupt before flashing, I use "afv" android file verifier from the market..

savagerun
09-18-2011, 02:45 PM
I think you want to be using the Droid 2 bootstrap application, not rom manager to flash a rom from stock rooted .602..

Rom manager is only used on the dx if you're running a "2nd-init" rom like cm7, or miui ..

Edit: always make sure to verify the md5 checksum of the rom zip file also, make sure the file is not corrupt before flashing, I use "afv" android file verifier from the market..

And if you read the description for rom manager it tells ya you have to run bootstrap first for rom manager to work. Go in the market and read the description you'll see what im saying. Just use droid2 bootstrap and problem solved.
EDIT..... THIS WAS MEANT FOR GORGE... sorry fnmetal
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

fnmetal
09-18-2011, 02:49 PM
And if you read the description for rom manager it tells ya you have to run bootstrap first for rom manager to work. Go in the market and read the description you'll see what im saying. Just use droid2 bootstrap and problem solved. Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forumsha.. never noticed that in the description, but then again I'm not much of a reader, lol :)

Gorgerax
09-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Wow! Thanks for the FAST responses! Lemme go give it a try! (soon as this Raiders game is over! LOL)