PDA

View Full Version : Has the X reached it's peak?

Chew DZ
09-18-2011, 02:15 AM
So right when I thought the X was pretty much done and we all pretty much had to deal with between blur-based ROMs and Non-blur ROMs(ApeX, Rubix, liberty, etc.) , the 2nd init method opened the doors to getting cm7 on the Droid X. As soon as I thought it couldn't get any better, MIUI came out, THEN came omfgb/omfgb. At this point it seems like the X had really reached a plateau. Is there anything more to look forward to? Will there be a ROM completely different from but just as unique as Cyanogenmod and MIUI? Because im rapidly losing my flash fever because, besides cm7 & MIUI, every ROM is pretty much the same to me (with the exception of better or worse battery life). Is there something worth looking forward to or has the X given all it can give us? Comment with your thoughts/opinions.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

juhde
09-18-2011, 04:24 AM
Well, I kinda look at it like this. The OG Droid or D1 stopped getting official development from Motorola at version 2.2 yet current AOSP development for it is 2.3.5. So if one of the oldest pieces of hardware can still have this continued level of support despite it's obvious hardware limitations (Motorola said gingerbread could not run on it ever, lol) then I don't see a device like the X losing development anytime soon either. 2nd init opened the doors for virtually any possibility, I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually see Ice Cream Sandwich for it. Not to mention Motorola trying to unlock bootloaders for all it's devices by the end of the year (we hope).

Sent from my Android device.