PDA

View Full Version : Volume keeps turning down automatically

trabo
09-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Hey guys, I've been having this problem a LOT and I can't figure out why. I saw some others ask the question in other forums but found no answers.

I always have all volume settings all the way up, and I never turn them down. Somehow, something is turning the volume down.

I will miss calls and texts all the time because the volume drops from max to about 2 clicks above silent. The screen is always locked, so the volume keys aren't being pressed in my pocket. Is there an app that is lowering my volume without me knowing?

It always drops to the same level every time, and I can't figure out what sequence of events does it. Anyone else?

Running Gingerbread .602 rooted; but this happened to me before the .602 update as well.

Thanks guys.

Nemo aeternamn
09-17-2011, 05:11 PM
I read on another thread about maybe trying audio manager... That might help

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

trabo
09-17-2011, 05:28 PM
I read on another thread about maybe trying audio manager... That might help

Yeah, I've heard of a few solutions like this but it really seems ass-backwards. I'd really like to find out what the hell is causing it.

Nemo aeternamn
09-17-2011, 05:32 PM
The only thing I can think to try is first clear cache and dalvik... If that doesn't work factory reset... And relay the rom...

trabo
09-17-2011, 08:36 PM
The only thing I can think to try is first clear cache and dalvik... If that doesn't work factory reset... And relay the rom...

Thanks for the suggestion, but that's not the remedy. It did this to me on Gingerbread prior to the 602 update and continues to do so; it's been doing it immediately after the download of 602 and the root.