PDA

View Full Version : Now that im running atrix rom....

lpmboss
09-17-2011, 02:45 PM
what should i do as far as making my phone even better... i love this port of the atrix stock 2.3.4 rom but i get far worse results in quadrant benchmark and in the other atutunu .. i feel i should flash a better kernel but im not sure if thats a good idea and if it is what kernel to go with.. any help would be great.. i like the rom alot its great and i just wish there were more tweaks to it..

NewAge
09-17-2011, 03:14 PM
There are no other kernels to flash. I wouldnt worry about benchmarks too much and worry more about overall realworld performance.

lpmboss
09-17-2011, 03:28 PM
real world performance is my only true concern.. just puzzling when i see the performance is there but the benchmark shows otherwise.. so there is no kernels for the x2?

Leach19m
09-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Locked bootloader, can't flash custom kernals

My name is Mike, and I'm a flashaholic. But thanks to my sponsor, MIUI, I've been clean for weeks.

juhde
09-18-2011, 12:13 AM
As previously stated, benchmarks are really terrible at judging performance. I know everyone is always going on about "I got this awesome quadrant score..." But they're essentially meaningless numbers.

As far as increasing performance you can start by freezing/removing any bloat or system apps that you don't need/want. Tweaking OOM values, and adding scripts to the init.d folder. Really anything that would improve stock will also improve any ROM.

Sent from my Android device.

bradleonard
09-27-2011, 11:42 AM
I flashed the Atrix Rom last night (version .4) and my initial feeling is that this is as close to a fix that we will ever see for the DX2. It is running very smooth and fast so far. Time will tell.

lpmboss
09-29-2011, 11:39 PM
so i recently ran the v3sonic zip script and it seemed everything was crazy responsive but after a few days of use i get lag issues when auto rotating... but my real probelm is constant lag issues in the camera... every since i installed v4 of the atrix port the camera has been buggy... any help or fixes for this with the camera.. i have it set to save to sd... and have even changed it to the phone.. because of the flip flop... still no go