PDA

View Full Version : gmail sync

icedice34
09-17-2011, 09:59 AM
Hey all. I've been using CM7 for about 2 days now. It is on rooted GB .602 kernel. This morning I opened my computer and saw that I had several new e-mails. Despite this, I can't get them to show up in the gmail app. I also tried sending a few test e-mails and nothing left my inbox. I've hit the refresh button several times. Any other thoughts on why this isn't going through?

*EDIT* I think clearing the cache/data worked. This thread could be closed.

fc127
09-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Did you check to see if Gmail sync is turned on in your account?

From your homescreen press the menu hard key, settings, accounts, tap your Google account. Make sure the box is checked for Gmail.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

icedice34
09-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Did you check to see if Gmail sync is turned on in your account?

From your homescreen press the menu hard key, settings, accounts, tap your Google account. Make sure the box is checked for Gmail.

Yes, I did that. I flashed back to a back up, it synced to download the new e-mails, i read/deleted a couple, and then it won't sync again. E-mail in my outbox, the e-mails I read aren't syncing with gmail.com.

This is REALLY a HUGE issue. I'm wondering if it's a cm7 issue or if anyone else is having this issue? Maybe gmail is having problems right now? I just don't know why it worked for 2 days, then doesn't, then I restore to a backup, works for about 5 minutes, then doesn't.

icedice34
09-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Yes, I did that. I flashed back to a back up, it synced to download the new e-mails, i read/deleted a couple, and then it won't sync again. E-mail in my outbox, the e-mails I read aren't syncing with gmail.com.

This is REALLY a HUGE issue. I'm wondering if it's a cm7 issue or if anyone else is having this issue? Maybe gmail is having problems right now? I just don't know why it worked for 2 days, then doesn't, then I restore to a backup, works for about 5 minutes, then doesn't.

Hmm.... This is weird. I went into manage applications and deleted data/cache. Now it appears to be working ok. We will see if it sticks around.

fc127
09-17-2011, 11:43 AM
Ok... at least its working for now.