PDA

View Full Version : Storage Space

Divey1130
09-16-2011, 05:54 PM
I have a 16GB SD card and was wondering why is half (around 7.5gb) is used up. I have 2 movies that are about 1gb each and some music then the rest of the normal stuff. It looks like half of my apps are stored on the card and the other half on the phone according to TB. How in the world did I use so much space already. I do have atleast 8 backups of different roms but I don't think those are to big. Anyone have any ideas on how to free up some space. The reason I went from 8 to 16 was to store some movies. Thanks Terry

fc127
09-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Well, 8 backups will be ABOUT 4gb. Also, how.much space is taken up with pictures and videos from your camera?

This is what my backup folder looks like. Each backup averages about 400mb.

http://tapatalk.com/mu/60ee8792-d7bb-2142.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Getsome122
09-16-2011, 06:29 PM
Those backups are taking up quite a bit of space. If you really want to keep that many maybe you should store a few of them on your computer and leave more space for movoes on your phone.

And the more apps you have the more room a backup will take. I have a full stock rooted backup that is a gig by itself because of all the apps i had at the time.

Transmitted from my Droid X using tapatalk.... AOSP Liberty ROM.....
If I have to explain you probably wouldn't understand anyway......
twitter: Getsome_122

macpro88
09-16-2011, 06:41 PM
Backups are HUGE! Having 8 of them will deff take up half of your card. Remember, backups are backups of your ENTIRE system, system and apps and data, all of it. Everything.

If you had a lot on your prior setups, these can for sure take up a lot of space!

Nemo aeternamn
09-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Haha... Don't worry at one point I had like... Thirty one nandroids... They takes up slit if room...haha...

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

fc127
09-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Another thing that takes up quite a bit of room, if you have a lot of apps, is titanium backup...

May I suggest moving some of your backups to your computer. I put the ones I know I am not likely to use on my PC and only keep the ones for the system I am currently running.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Divey1130
09-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Yup, I deleted the ones that I told myself I wouldn't use again. Also in TB there were a butt load of backups. I had it set to 7 for backups. After cleaning up those 2 I went from 7-8 gb to 10.5 gb. That's a lot better now. The storing them on the computer is a great idea. I am usually on it anyways when messing with the phone. As always thank you guys for the help.

Terry