PDA

View Full Version : Data connection lost!

idontliketolose
09-16-2011, 11:14 AM
I'm on .602 stock and for some reason recently I keep getting a voice notification all the time telling me my data connection is lost. Anyone know how to stop these... sometimes I get them in the middle of the night and it wakes me up ;-/

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

cobracon71
09-16-2011, 12:45 PM
turn the volume off lol

Leach19m
09-16-2011, 12:47 PM
Go to settings, sound, and there will be an option there towards the bottom of the list for network notifications

My name is Mike, and I'm a flashaholic. But thanks to my sponsor, MIUI, I've been clean for weeks.

idontliketolose
09-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks Mike! Nice one cobra

idontliketolose
09-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Its still doing it ;-/

macpro88
09-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Is your network mode set to Home only or Automatic? Are you actually losing connection?

Try another *228 option 1, then do again option 2.

idontliketolose
09-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Its on automatic. I didn't notice losing any connection. This has all been happening recently when I started using my gps and maps app. not sure if that would have anything to do with it though

Thanks 4 the help! fixed it!

lellylion
11-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Can I ask how you foxed it please, cos I am struggling to remove her annoying voice!

Sdwat54
11-17-2011, 11:05 PM
I had this same issue - and after retracing my steps, I figured out this began around the same time I Downloaded Google Maps........so......

I discovered the issue, with the help of a very nice Verizon techie Lady....here ya go:

If you downloaded Google Maps, along with it came Latitude and Navigation - all 3 seperate icons/apps that are married, as it were. The Annoying Announcement Lady lives in the basement of the Latitude App. To shut her up, there is no Notifications setting to close the door and lock her in. You have to sign out of Latitude, and voila - no more announcements. You can still use maps, but it won't know where you are, hence, others won't know exactly where you are either.