PDA

View Full Version : Using titanium, i deleted app phone 2.3.3.....now i cant make phone calls!! HELP!?!

dlau21
09-15-2011, 10:04 PM
I am running rooted gingerbread 2.3.3 I just rooted my Droid X yesterday, and was using TITANIUM to delete unwanted bloatware. I deleted the stock voicemail app, since i was using Google voice. So I thought I saw another voicemail app, but it was PHONE 2.3.3, and I uninstalled it. I did use TITANIUM to back it up before doing so. After the accident, I now cant make calls or pick up 3G. I can pick up WI FI and apps seem to work. I tried to use titanium to restore the backup, but it failed when resotring app and data. When I tried restoring the app without data, it said successful...but the app isnt back! I am tryuing a app + data restore right now again. Anyone please help!!!??

rickuski
09-15-2011, 10:08 PM
If you just rooted your droid I would sbf back to stock and reroot it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Leach19m
09-15-2011, 10:09 PM
Hmm...you may need to just wipe data and reflash the gingerbreak zip you installed. And for future reference, freezing works just as well as deleting without the risk of doing what you did

My name is Mike, and I'm a flashaholic. But thanks to my sponsor, MIUI, I've been clean for weeks.

dlau21
09-15-2011, 10:11 PM
[QUOTE=Leach19m;434444]Hmm...you may need to just wipe data and reflash the gingerbreak zip you installed."

Sorry, I am not very saavy with all of this. What kind of data wipe would you suggest, and how?

Thanks.

Leach19m
09-15-2011, 10:20 PM
Oh, so did you take the OTA update to 2.3.3 then root the or did you flash the prerooted zip file version?

My name is Mike, and I'm a flashaholic. But thanks to my sponsor, MIUI, I've been clean for weeks.

dlau21
09-15-2011, 10:25 PM
I took the OTA to get to 2.3.3

Leach19m
09-15-2011, 10:28 PM
Ah... Well then, you have two choices. First is to go to the market and get droid 2 bootstrap, download the .603 pre-rooted zip, use the bootstrap app to boot into recovery, wipe data, flash the zip.

Second choice is to sbf to 603.

Edit: choice three is to sbf to froyo and take the OTA agaib

Leach19m
09-15-2011, 10:29 PM
603 prerooted zip here

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35655

popcenator
09-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Since you're rooted, you can extract the prerooted files, look in the /system/app folder for the phone.apk, copy it, then move to your phones /system/app folder and paste it, then install. Not sure if that's going to work.

dlau21
09-15-2011, 10:41 PM
Thank you sir, I will give this a shot later tonight. I guess I should copy all my photos, vids, and contacts to a cpu before doing this?

Leach19m
09-15-2011, 10:43 PM
Thank you sir, I will give this a shot later tonight. I guess I should copy all my photos, vids, and contacts to a cpu before doing this?

The sd card isn't touched by a wipe or sbf and contacts should be backed up by google