PDA

View Full Version : How to get atrix rom on x2

dechristimo
09-14-2011, 07:58 PM
I'm still new to using droids and I want to flash to the atrix rom on my x2, but i cant find any definite instructions on how to do so, could anyone give me a step by step or link me to somewhere where it has that. I'm already rooted (gb 2.3.3)/got all my apps backed up on TiBU/all my movable apps are on my sd card, but thats all ive got so far so where do i go from here?

Hulk0069
09-14-2011, 09:46 PM
Hope this helps, download this is the ROM your looking for, make sure your battery is fully charged, do you have system recovery? Make a backup incase you don't like it.when flashing this ROM, wipe cache/dalvik cache. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1256164
Sent from my x2 superfast with atrix toppings...;-)

dechristimo
09-15-2011, 02:40 PM
Yeah i have the system recovery app.
So would i go into recovery mode, then wipe data (i dont know what davlik cache means) then load into the atrix v.2 zip from my ext SD card, (i dont know how to patch to v.3 either its also on my ext SD card) then get TiBU and restore all my apps and data?
also How exactly does TiBU remember all your information just curious?

Hulk0069
09-15-2011, 03:07 PM
if you want the best step by step and break down juhde is the person you want to pm, he can explain better then I can plus if you run into any issues he's the man at helping out.he is a really cool guy.so pm him.

Sent from my x2 superfast with atrix toppings...;-)

lpmboss
09-18-2011, 04:26 AM
yo its easy... i was running the eclipse rom and decided to go with the atrix and its as simple as booting into recovery with the phone plugged into the charger.. wipe cache and dalvik ,,, i even do battery stats .. then install zip and reboot.. give it 5 minutes at most ten if your patient.. but as long as your not in a boot loop your good .. just wait for the vibration of success.. and enjoy the atrix port.. its nice.. ohh and after its ran for a few minutes redo everything with the v3 patch..

dechristimo
09-18-2011, 08:51 AM
Yeah I did pm juhde and he helped me out and i gotta say this runs incredibly! normally on x2 with gb i would have like 60 mb of free RAM at any given time, now it can be as high as 190 mb free! and overall everything runs smoother its nice. So glad a place like this exists for phones

Sent from my Atrix 4g..... or i mean Droid X2 using Droid X Forums

juhde
09-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Yeah I did pm juhde and he helped me out and i gotta say this runs incredibly! normally on x2 with gb i would have like 60 mb of free RAM at any given time, now it can be as high as 190 mb free! and overall everything runs smoother its nice. So glad a place like this exists for phones

Sent from my Atrix 4g..... or i mean Droid X2 using Droid X Forums

Good to see you're up and running, love your mobile sig. Made me lol :-)

Sent from my Android device.

lpmboss
09-21-2011, 11:32 AM
my video on swaping between eclipse to atrix... hope you find it usefull.. Droid x2 root rom change from eclipse v.6 to atrix port p.1/2 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WJXncbo_dw&feature=related)

lugosi1313
10-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Hi all,

First time poster, six month reader (I junked my iPhone4 six months ago) and have a DX2. It's Gingerbread and rooted, but I'm having problems getting Rom Manager to allow me to add this (or any) ROM.

Do I need to get a version of Rom Manager which has the 1.8.1.4 old version? If so, I don't know where.

Currently when I choose to boot to recovery I get to a recover screen with only four options, and I cannot find the option to clear dalvik, but I can find the option to clear cache in my list of four options.

Is there anyone up to giving me a hand here? I really want to learn to switch ROMS.

Also, I did SBF back to 2.2 today, and took OTA for 2.3.3 - but I'm still having problems. I've ran the first option in the Rom Manager program to apply to the recovery mode version. What I can get to (when it works, i've tried a few apks of Rom Manager and tried purchasing the non-ad version) is apparantly see the normal list of options (reboot system now, apply update from SD card, wipe data/Factory reset, and wipe cache partition). Am I correct in thinking that wiping the cache partition will just delete my SD card?

Thanks,
Lugosi

lugosi1313
10-01-2011, 09:12 PM
EDIT: Nevermind, Juhde set me straight. I needed to not use Rom Manager on the X2, my bad. Thanks Juhde, you rock!

juhde
10-02-2011, 12:18 AM
Install tenfars System Recovery (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1169677) apk and set it up so you can boot into CWR. ROM Manager does not currently have official support for the X2.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums