PDA

View Full Version : Looking for bua apk files.

Nickolas
09-14-2011, 01:04 AM
IM running nameless .3 now and google backed my contacts up. the problem is that they all just say "note" and then the number. I can't click them to dial. Bua never gave me probs and I wouldn't mind having it back. I looked for the files myself but no dice anyone know a source?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

nemosfate
09-14-2011, 01:29 AM
If someone can confirm the backup assistant files between a dx and a dx2 are the same apk I have them in my dropbox
Edit:.and for the dx there was backupassistanceclient.apk and backupcontactadapter.apk with an odex of each if not deodexed, but I think you needed both, which one did you delete or does the rom remove them?
root, roms and themes oh my!

Nickolas
09-14-2011, 03:16 AM
The ROM removes them. As for the apk being the same. Someone more savvy than me is Gonna have to chime in.

nemosfate
09-14-2011, 01:43 PM
The ROM removes them. As for the apk being the same. Someone more savvy than me is Gonna have to chime in.

I'm asking for help from another member, so as soon as I know I'll let you know

Nemo aeternamn
09-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Nick... I've seem alot if roms remove bua... Do you have your contacts in your google account? You can sync then under settings/accounts and sync... And manually load then from google... If not... Here is an article I found to help get then from your verizon account... Then you can use the file and manually load then on top your phone...
http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=27566
If are still wanting back up assistant... and I'll look a bit deeper and get that for ya... Sorry to make this short but have to go back to work

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

nemosfate
09-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Nick... I've seem alot if roms remove bua... Do you have your contacts in your google account? You can sync then under settings/accounts and sync... And manually load then from google... If not... Here is an article I found to help get then from your verizon account... Then you can use the file and manually load then on top your phone...
http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=27566
If are still wanting back up assistant... and I'll look a bit deeper and get that for ya... Sorry to make this short but have to go back to work

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Thanks nemo a.

tarster
09-15-2011, 08:00 AM
You can go onto the backup assistant website from verizon and export your contacts then import them into google.i have done that before. I hate backup assistant..they never appear the same way when they get pushed back...not like google..

Sent from my nameless rooted rom'ed x2

Nickolas
09-15-2011, 04:13 PM
OK back up assistant website says my Device is incompatible for contact sync. Whatever. I got them exported from there. Imported to google and onto my phone. The only hiccup is that when I view the numbers on my phone, the number is saved as a note under the name, not a number I can just tap and call. ive manually re entered most numbers so its more of an inconvenience now.

SalemCBR
09-15-2011, 08:06 PM
I just had the same issue. BUA lost at root. Kept 6 contacts somehow and when syncing in google lost all but those 6. Google has a recovery mode in the more drop down menu in the contacts section. It did not help me... but it is there. I just started from scratch again, utilize those v cards.

Nickolas
09-15-2011, 09:35 PM
now I know.....and remember kids knowing is half the battle.

tarster
09-15-2011, 11:22 PM
If I have to mess with more than one contact at a time... Get on your gmail on a desktop and do it from there it will automatically sync as you make changes and is so ooooo much faster on a desktop than a phone

Sent from my nameless rootd x2

Snow02
09-15-2011, 11:33 PM
The other option is to reload a backup that has all your contacts, open your contacts, press menu, import/export, export to sdcard. Then restore them when you load the new rom. It will give you an option of what account to associate them with, choose your google account.