PDA

View Full Version : Droid X SSX 2.1 Notification LED Issue\Stock Email\Notification Ignore Option

stevezemlicka
09-13-2011, 11:14 PM
I have used Drew Garen ZapX Ginger 4.3 for quite some time. I decided to try SSX 2.1. While I'm still just a few minutes into my new SSX 2.1 experience, I had a few questions.

My status/notification led does not appear to work. From the chevyno1 tools under LED and Advanced, I have reset the colors but no change. I have also tried setting all colors to green without any change. Has anyone else had any issues with this on a Droid X?

Secondly, I was wondering if there was any way to reinstall the stock email client. I have searched the market for email but the stock app does not appear to be in there. I guess I could try another app with exchange support, but would prefer to stick with the stock app.
Nevermind, it was just the shortcut on my restored GoLauncher settings that didn't work.

Finally, this is more of a request. The ZapX Ginger rom had a neat button on each of the notifications in the drop down list. This button allowed me to ignore the notification without actually opening the app associated with the notification. This was quite handy to get rid of installed application notifications without launching the app. Is there any way to implement that with SSX 2.1?

Nemo aeternamn
09-13-2011, 11:21 PM
alright.... here we go steve

I. personally... i'm not sure about this one... as i use battery monx to always keep my led lit... and didn't have a problem on ssx...

B. no... i don't think there is an easy way to get... as stock would be a blur option... and ssx is a aosp rom... so there is no blur... whatsoever... best to get another app with exchange support...

3. instead of hitting a button on the 2nd init roms... all you have to do is slide it left or right... and that will get rid of individual notifactions

stevezemlicka
09-13-2011, 11:29 PM
Thanks Nemo for the reply. As you can see by my edit I was less than thorough before asking about the email. The swipe to cancel notifications works perfectly, thanks.

I think I'd like to use the LED for notifications and different colors (beyond red and green) would be awesome if the Droid X is capable. One thing to add here is when the phone is plugged in, and I press the power button to turn off the screen, the LED does appear to half flicker green. It does not do it when running off battery though.

Nemo aeternamn
09-13-2011, 11:36 PM
ah... i just saw that edit...and as far as different colors for different apps... i never tried... had monx for too long... so got use to the led always being on... and yes... it is capable of more colors... the colors i see here that i can use(through monx) is white violet red yellow dark green green dark orange skyblue blue orange and gold... it does not support amber though

oh ya... ment to put this in my first post... but...

welcome to the forums... glad to have another active member :)