PDA

View Full Version : CM7...real basic questions

GunJam
09-13-2011, 01:26 AM
Hello

Im running shuji 2.1 for GB right now but wanted to try CM7 as well. Now that CM7 is running on the .602 os I figured I might give it a try in a few days.

Ill start with just one question.

What are nightlies exactly?? They sound almost like patches or updates to me but I cant figure out why so many of them..

Thanks

Nemo aeternamn
09-13-2011, 01:31 AM
well... that's what the nightlies are... they are full roms... but include different patches/updates/features...
and there isn't that many for cm7 on the gb kernel... there is only 6 over on rootzwiki... which is where you'll want to get the file...
it's built each night with extra files the dev throwes in...

GunJam
09-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Okay thanks for the help maybe ill try it out in a few days...I hear its running pretty stable

firefighterguy
09-13-2011, 11:54 AM
GunJam, Nemo, and company,

I have been searching here for CM7 troubleshooting threads and looking for an "official" CM7 thread and only came across yours (so far). Would you mind if I threw up a link to my stickied TiBu thread? Or if you can point me into the right direction to ask this?

I've got a gentleman there that is having some probs and we are trying to see if it is a TiBu thing, or CM7 related. And I being on an X2, I am not familiar with CM7 (to my knowledge it hasn't graced it's presence on the X2 yet). I thought maybe if I can get some people who potentially are more familiar with it can help think of what to look for in TiBu, if it is a TiBu issue. (I'm thinking on the lines of CM7 learning curve/troubleshooting. But that's just me)

*Edited

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

Nemo aeternamn
09-13-2011, 12:40 PM
Ya post the link fire fighter... I'll see what I can come up with... and when I get a minute I'll post a link to the cm7 thread... One question first... Froyo or gb kernel?

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

firefighterguy
09-13-2011, 12:47 PM
Thanks, Nemo.

He's on the GB .602 kernel.

Here is the link -
www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x2-hacks/27579-titanium-backuptricks-tips-help.html

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

GunJam
09-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Yeah hopefully someone can figure that one out for you...I dont know nothing yet about cm7...

Just wait till I post questions about how to update from .602 to the latest cm7 :)

Nemo aeternamn
09-13-2011, 01:18 PM
Yeah hopefully someone can figure that one out for you...I dont know nothing yet about cm7...

Just wait till I post questions about how to update from .602 to the latest cm7 :)

If ya do gun... I'll be here to answer them... Hopefully

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

GunJam
09-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Ive still got about 1/3 of a 30 pack left :)