PDA

View Full Version : Easier way than Ninjamorphing?

psykotikz
09-12-2011, 02:09 PM
I just went to the Shuiji mod and am happy w/ everything. I'd like to change my status bar icons. I remember a few months ago when I wanted to do that (before cm7 and miui came out) the only way to do it was to ninja morph and that was a major pain in the a$$. Has an easier way been discovered?

cory46
09-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Yeah :) using apkmanager or apktool on your computer haha or just flashing a theme haha no help I know but really it is easy png's l once you get the hang of it

1Kitkatdidiwags

shawn
09-12-2011, 03:08 PM
I just take the rom zip place on PC then use 7zip to open archive swap whatever I want then place on phone and flash

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

psykotikz
09-12-2011, 03:17 PM
I just take the rom zip place on PC then use 7zip to open archive swap whatever I want then place on phone and flash

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

that's a cool idea shawn. heres one problem i see. I been finding all the icons I want from xda and all the people are putting the status bar icons in .mtz's, i guess for miui.

so do i either need to find the stock images of these and do what you said or is there something i can do with .mtz not using miui?

cory46
09-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Just pull the images from the mtz or rename it to zip you can't flash the mtz because it lacks the folder structure and scripts for anything non miui

1Kitkatdidiwags

Detonation
09-12-2011, 03:47 PM
If all you want to do is edit png's, you can take the .apk, extract it like a .zip, swap the png's, and zip it back up. This is essential what ninjamorph does for you (it extracts it to sdcard/AndroidThemes).

However, there are some visuals that are configured in the binary xml. For that you need something to decompile/recompile the apk. ApkManager works well for, but has a bit of a learning curve.

And as cory mentioned above, mtz files are just like zips, so just extract those and find the png's you want.

shawn
09-12-2011, 06:30 PM
just what they said