PDA

View Full Version : New to Root/liberty 0.8 - contact list help

SalemCBR
09-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Okay. So I rooted with oneclick. Backed up with bootstrap/clockwork flashed gb liberty 0.8. All is good except I only had 6 of my 200 contacts. Contacts we backed up in google, but it only gave me the six. When I opened handcentsms I noticed that all ny contacts are listed when I compose and add contact.
When someone calls me that is not in the six contacts I do have (but is in the old 200 list) their name shows up. When I go into recent calls and edit that contact.. at the top it says "unsynced phone only contact".
I am thinking about just flashing a different rom and counting on gmail to have load em up right.
Thoughts?

Nemo aeternamn
09-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Have ya gone into settings? Accounts and sync.and manually sync your contacts?

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

savagerun
09-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Or if you go in your contacts and press menu then import/export then you can import your contacts from your sd card if you have them saved on there.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

SalemCBR
09-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Yeah I've done both. Going into contacts and settings is just from the sd card. No results there. Syncing in settings brought me nothing either.

Nemo aeternamn
09-12-2011, 05:20 PM
have ya checked your contacts online to double check they are there?

and just looked in there... and got an idea...

go to your google account... then your contacts... from there you can save export them... place that file on your sd... and import from there...

SalemCBR
09-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Those are some great tips. I went into google and the contacts are not there. I think my current contact list was synced over the top of it.

Gmail now has a restore setting for contacts. Go into gmail, login, then click contacts, then more (drop down) then restore contacts.

For some reason this is still not working for me.

I don't know if this will still be a problem for me but, ... in june verizon was supposed to send me an x2 but instead sent me an x. (Little Warranty bonus) so I contacted them just now to remedy the issue. After talking to a manager got the x2 on the way.

It took me doing the research on rooting an x2 then if failing for me to realise i still had an x1. No wonder there seemed to be no difference x2 to x.

The thing that kills me is all the contacts are in my phone somewhere. They still come up u.der handcent and my phone knows the contact names when people call.