PDA

View Full Version : Trident Aegis

cougmeister
09-11-2011, 09:39 PM
has anyone bought this case yet? i have the electra and im thinking about getting this as a weekend case when im not using my extended battery.

http://tridentcase.com/product_30_75.html

smalltowngirl13
09-11-2011, 10:01 PM
I purchased it for my Charge - all of their cases are nice in my opinion.

I have the Kraken, Cyclops and Electra for my X - the Aegis for the Charge and waiting for them to release something for the Bionic...

cougmeister
09-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Your post on the Electra convinced me to buy it :)

Is your Charge still 'Pocketable' with the Aegis? Does it hang to your pocket as much as the Electra?
I want to get something to use when i use the stock battery and want it to be somewhat pocket friendly.

jwalz
09-12-2011, 08:39 PM

Is your Charge still 'Pocketable' with the Aegis? Does it hang to your pocket as much as the Electra?
I want to get something to use when i use the stock battery and want it to be somewhat pocket friendly.

Let us know what you think of it please. :curious

my wife owns the bionic but she lets me play with it ;)

smalltowngirl13
09-12-2011, 08:44 PM

There is not as much bulk with the Aegis on my Charge as there is with the Kraken or Cyclops or Electra on the X...the outer shell is hard while the inner shell is silicone so yes, I think you could get it into your pants pockets providing they weren't skinny jeans :)...

jwalz
09-12-2011, 09:11 PM
There is not as much bulk with the Aegis on my Charge as there is with the Kraken or Cyclops or Electra on the X...the outer shell is hard while the inner shell is silicone so yes, I think you could get it into your pants pockets providing they weren't skinny jeans :)...

It's thinner then the cyclops? Really? Hmmm sounds geat

smalltowngirl13
09-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Yes, I think so...LOL...I can post up some pics of the two side by side in a bit if you are interested...

jwalz
09-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Absolutely.. thanks..I have the cyclops and I can pocket it. (Back pocket ) but I would like something a lil slimmer but not give up much durability as my son loves his ant smasher and ninja jump and now getting to learn angry birds ( oh yeah did I say he's only 3) lmao scored over 6000 in ninja jump.lol I couldn't believe it..ok sry got carried away. Yes post some pics :)

cougmeister
09-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the feedback! Now I just need to determine if I have the money to spend in yet another case, Haha. I hope they come out with more colors for the Electra so I can have one as a spare.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

smalltowngirl13
09-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Colors on the Electra would be awesome...I had an email today from Trident where everything was 20% off...

~~ the machine is nothing without the woman ~~

smalltowngirl13
09-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Pics... the Cyclops is on left, Electra in the middle, Aegis on the Charge.. the second pic shows the back side of each... there is no screen protector on the Aegis.

http://tapatalk.com/mu/a6f982dd-c604-7083.jpg

http://tapatalk.com/mu/a6f982dd-c61b-ec68.jpg

jwalz
09-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Colors on the Electra would be awesome...I had an email today from Trident where everything was 20% off...

I just went to the trident site saw nothing about 20% off...did they give you a pass code? Nice pics was wondering bout the blue too.lol lil to lite for me though. I like it looks a lil slimmer and no ripples on the side have to find one for a good price now

jwalz
09-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Amazon has them for under 20

smalltowngirl13
09-12-2011, 10:12 PM
I just went to the trident site saw nothing about 20% off...did they give you a pass code? Nice pics was wondering bout the blue too.lol lil to lite for me though. I like it looks a lil slimmer and no ripples on the side have to find one for a good price now

I love the blue...but who would've guessed? :big smile:

Code for the cases: back2school20 - doesn't say how long it is good for.

They also indicate that the D3 cases (for anyone who might be interested) should be coming soon...

jwalz
09-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Still seems to be cheaper through amazon I think im placing an order I just hope it doesn't come before the wifes bionic case she would kick my you know what and hard.lol

smalltowngirl13
09-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Still seems to be cheaper through amazon I think im placing an order I just hope it doesn't come before the wifes bionic case she would kick my you know what and hard.lol

LOL...we promise not to tell her :)...

jwalz
09-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Ok not to hijack even worse then already did but I found out why I havnt received the cases for her. They had street address no p.o.... I think they are on there way back to the store already. How big of a p.I.a. will it be to get my money or the cases jackie my question. Oh yeah and knowing that I just ordered her the hot pink incipio lol annnd my new case ;) shhhhhb

cougmeister
09-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Pics... the Cyclops is on left, Electra in the middle, Aegis on the Charge.. the second pic shows the back side of each... there is no screen protector on the Aegis.

http://tapatalk.com/mu/a6f982dd-c604-7083.jpg

http://tapatalk.com/mu/a6f982dd-c61b-ec68.jpg

Im assuming the charge is a bit thicker than the X, correct? It seems like its almost as big as the Electra for the X in the pic.

cougmeister
09-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Ok not to hijack even worse then already did but I found out why I havnt received the cases for her. They had street address no p.o.... I think they are on there way back to the store already. How big of a p.I.a. will it be to get my money or the cases jackie my question. Oh yeah and knowing that I just ordered her the hot pink incipio lol annnd my new case ;) shhhhhb

Its all good! Your still on topic n that's all that matters. :)

smalltowngirl13
09-12-2011, 11:06 PM
No, not really...I think it is how it is slanted there.. the second pic is of the X and the Charge face down... they are close in depth.

jwalz
09-13-2011, 12:12 AM
Can I bother you for a pic of the front of the aegis

smalltowngirl13
09-13-2011, 06:35 AM
Here ya go j..

http://tapatalk.com/mu/a6f982dd-3fdb-5b76.jpg

http://tapatalk.com/mu/a6f982dd-3ff2-5203.jpg

jwalz
09-13-2011, 07:40 AM
Very nice thanks stg

jwalz
09-13-2011, 07:47 AM
Oh yeah and just to let you know the first txt when I got up this morning was "hey hun what are you ordering from amazon" lmao.

smalltowngirl13
09-13-2011, 07:52 AM
Oh yeah and just to let you know the first txt when I got up this morning was "hey hun what are you ordering from amazon" lmao.

Flowers of course... LOL

You are welcome...

~~ sent from my x~~

jwalz
09-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Yup.lol going to get them today.

jwalz
09-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Just figured id update and say I got my case before her.lol figures ill prob hide it till she gets hers however the aegis case is significantly thinner ..im supper happy and the hard out shell makes it easier to pocket cause of the smooth texture opposed to the silicone of the cyclops

cougmeister
09-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Really looking into getting one now!

jwalz
09-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Really looking into getting one now!

Not a prob...ill post a pic of the two later

cougmeister
09-15-2011, 08:38 PM
That would be greatly appreciated!

jwalz
09-15-2011, 08:59 PM
When I stacked them and took the pic it didn't look much thinner so the side by side does... if you have the cyclops and are use to the big case it will feel much smaller.. and like I said the hard shell makes it much easier to pocket. It has doors for micro usb and charge only and head phone jack just as cyclops. It does not cover the hard keys at the bottom of the phone. Nor does it have a built in screen protector. I paid 22.45 got it in 3 days with a screen protector. Very happy with it so far.
Edit : let's go mets. Lol

smalltowngirl13
09-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Is that the green J?

jwalz
09-15-2011, 09:24 PM
Yes ma'am

jwalz
09-15-2011, 09:26 PM
Looks a lil blueish in the pick but its green. Like a hunter green? I think.lol

smalltowngirl13
09-15-2011, 09:43 PM
I like that shade of green...they have soft colors which is nice...

jwalz
09-15-2011, 10:09 PM
Yeah they are...I have the red cyclops but like u said its soft I was hoping for a deeper red and was afraid the aegis would be the same shad so I went with green. Very pleased that I did

cougmeister
09-15-2011, 11:01 PM
i wish they had one in android green or orange

jwalz
09-15-2011, 11:44 PM
That's would be sweet. New Crayola color. Android green.lol

smalltowngirl13
09-16-2011, 06:31 AM
Yeah they are...I have the red cyclops but like u said its soft I was hoping for a deeper red and was afraid the aegis would be the same shad so I went with green. Very pleased that I did

Don't tell anyone, but I bought one of the pink skins for the my Cyclops (of course, I haven't used it yet) but I have plans for it :wink:...LOL

jwalz
09-16-2011, 07:41 AM
Don't tell anyone, but I bought one of the pink skins for the my Cyclops (of course, I haven't used it yet) but I have plans for it :wink:...LOL

What are you afraid of being called a girl or to girlie.lol...I called the amazon ppl I ordered from and they are resending the other two cases I bounty for my wife so now she will have 3 lol. I told her she can change them with her outfit for the day now that she has a desk job and not in scrubs all day

elidog
09-16-2011, 08:21 AM
Looks nice. The big thing for me is: how hard is ot to get my phone out for battery pulls? Might order one tonight.

miui 1. 9. 9 baby!!!

smalltowngirl13
09-16-2011, 08:54 AM
LOL...jwalz... what colors is she getting?

jwalz
09-16-2011, 09:57 AM
Looks nice. The big thing for me is: how hard is ot to get my phone out for battery pulls? Might order one tonight.

miui 1. 9. 9 baby!!!

Its not hard take hard shell off then take silicone off... not that difficult for a battery pull here and there..

jwalz
09-16-2011, 10:00 AM
LOL...jwalz... what colors is she getting?

Well I got her a cheap hard shell case but its girlie hot pink and black with a design the other is a pink incipio and the other I don't remember. Lol. She's one of those girlie girls though.

smalltowngirl13
09-16-2011, 02:28 PM

miui 1. 9. 9 baby!!!

I actually figured it out with my charge so I didn't have to take apart the plastic and silicone...I could just pop out my charge, do a quick battery pull if needed and then out the phone back in...

smalltowngirl13
09-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Well I got her a cheap hard shell case but its girlie hot pink and black with a design the other is a pink incipio and the other I don't remember. Lol. She's one of those girlie girls though.

They sound great...:big smile:

jwalz
09-16-2011, 03:37 PM
I actually figured it out with my charge so I didn't have to take apart the plastic and silicone...I could just pop out my charge, do a quick battery pull if needed and then out the phone back in...

Wow great lil tip thanks stg that works pretty easily.

cougmeister
09-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Jwals,

How are you liking the aegis now that you have had it for a while? I'm still trying to justify spending money on yet another case. Also, does the screen protector cover all of the front glass or just the screen portion?