PDA

View Full Version : Incipio case

maineultraclassic
09-10-2011, 09:26 PM
I found this case on Incipio's website, it says for the X2 but since the X is identical I'm sure it will work fine.
Incipio Motorola DROID X2 Step Semi-Rigid Soft Shell Case, Motorola DROID X2 Hard Shell Case, Motorola DROID X2 Soft Shell Case, Motorola DROID X2 Carrying Cases, Motorola DROID X2 Premium Cases (http://www.myincipio.com/Motorola-DROID-X2-Cases-Accessories/Incipio-Motorola-DROID-X2-Step-Semi-Rigid-Soft-Shell-Case.asp)

Has anyone tried this case out? Looks interesting, but a little pricey at $35.

Steve

DirtyDroid
09-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Looks Luke a new design...but what about this one from there http://www.myincipio.com/Motorola-DROID-X-Cases-Accessories/Incipio-Motorola-DROID-X-SILICRYLIC-Hard-Shell-Case-with-Silicone-Core.asp ..I got the black on black..wish more colors but its awesome ..love it..and for the price...can't go wrong

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

maineultraclassic
09-11-2011, 07:15 AM
That's what I have on my phone now, and it's perfect.

I like that the X2 version now comes with a screen protector and is .05" thicker.......but is also full price, not clearance like the X. Found it online for $18 shipped......might grab one when my case wears out.

Steve

smalltowngirl13
09-11-2011, 08:00 AM
That is a nice looking case...I have not used incipio on my X but I had one for my Charge..well worth the money.

B360155
09-11-2011, 08:12 AM
If you purchase from the Incipio website via the links above, when you checkout, if you use the coupon code "fbfan2011", you get 15% off. If you have a DX, this DX2 Step case may not work with your phone because the DX2 did away with the physical camera button. I can't tell from the pictures, but if the sides are semi-rigid, it may cause issues with the physical camera button. I'd probably check with their customer service and ask first if you like the DX2 Step case if it will work with the original DX.

I've bought 2 of the original cases for my DX, the black/black and the red/black and love them both. They offer a moderate amount of protection, feel good in hand and slip into your pockets easily. If you do purchase the case via the link in DirtyDroid's post and enter the fbfan2011 coupon code and select USPS free shipping, you get the case for a grand total of $11.04 which is an absolute steal! I just might have to buy an extra. Also, if you like holster's for your phone, Incipio doesn't make one, but the one that's made for the Seidio Innocase Surface or the Plantinum Droid X case (Best Buy house brand made by Seidio) will work with the Incipio DX case, but may not with the DX2 Step case since it's a little thicker. One last item, when I use the BH6X OEM extended battery with this case, I leave the phone's door off and just put it inside the Incipio case and haven't had any issues at all using it this way.

smalltowngirl13
09-11-2011, 08:39 AM
If you purchase from the Incipio website via the links above, when you checkout, if you use the coupon code "fbfan2011", you get 15% off. If you have a DX, this DX2 Step case may not work with your phone because the DX2 did away with the physical camera button. I can't tell from the pictures, but if the sides are semi-rigid, it may cause issues with the physical camera button. I'd probably check with their customer service and ask first if you like the DX2 Step case if it will work with the original DX.

I've bought 2 of the original cases for my DX, the black/black and the red/black and love them both. They offer a moderate amount of protection, feel good in hand and slip into your pockets easily. If you do purchase the case via the link in DirtyDroid's post and enter the fbfan2011 coupon code and select USPS free shipping, you get the case for a grand total of $11.04 which is an absolute steal! I just might have to buy an extra. Also, if you like holster's for your phone, Incipio doesn't make one, but the one that's made for the Seidio Innocase Surface or the Plantinum Droid X case (Best Buy house brand made by Seidio) will work with the Incipio DX case, but may not with the DX2 Step case since it's a little thicker. One last item, when I use the BH6X OEM extended battery with this case, I leave the phone's door off and just put it inside the Incipio case and haven't had any issues at all using it this way.

Nice pointers and tips there B36...

maineultraclassic
09-11-2011, 04:20 PM
If you have a DX, this DX2 Step case may not work with your phone because the DX2 did away with the physical camera button. I can't tell from the pictures, but if the sides are semi-rigid, it may cause issues with the physical camera button.

I wasn't aware of that, good thing you mentioned that.

I have the Kraken, Cyclops, Defender, and the Incipio...............and of all of them the Incipio is the best all around if you like to pocket the phone.

Steve

B360155
09-11-2011, 08:57 PM
One other positive about Incipio...one of the two cases I bought from them did develop a small crack in the acrylic backing after about 6 months of use. I contacted their customer service department via email and they sent me a brand new free replacement, so great customer service and they stand behind their product!!!