PDA

View Full Version : [PORT] Atrix ROMS

juhde
09-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Our friends over at XDA have struck gold my friends.

Navenedrob has and is porting various Atrix ROMS to the X2, so far with great success.

He's calling it the nameless series and the first effort, the newest Stock ROM, is simply amazing. I don't know who was in charge over at the Atrix division at Motorola but they know their stuff.

I think I even like the BLUR in it lol, memory you ask? 200MB free and it's fully bloated. Version? 2.3.4, just like our first update *should* have been.

I highly, highly recommend you flash this port, it's nothing less than amazing.

**UPDATE** The second port has been released, it's called Alien ROM. More Ports to follow in the near future.

Stock Atrix 2.3.4
(http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1256164)

[ROM][PORT][UNOFFICIAL] Alien Build #4 X2-BETA - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1270781)

Screen shots (taken by me)

Stock Atrix ROM

http://tapatalk.com/mu/62166332-ce41-a687.jpghttp://tapatalk.com/mu/62166332-ce4b-cf47.jpghttp://tapatalk.com/mu/62166332-ce56-e2ef.jpg

fezrock
09-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Great news for the x2!

shagg9
09-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Im stoked! Im bored w my new x2. Missing my X and liquid!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

juhde
09-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Im stoked! Im bored w my new x2. Missing my X and liquid!

Trust me, you won't be disappointed. This is how the X2 should have been out of the box, funny thing is it easily could have been. It's so smooth with the Atrix frame work and the animations are absolutely beautiful. And this is only the first port of many.

Okharvey
09-10-2011, 01:51 PM
I'm a bit of a noob with a noobish question, anything special I need to do when installing or just wipe data and use bootstrap?

juhde
09-10-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm a bit of a noob with a noobish question, anything special I need to do when installing or just wipe data and use bootstrap?

Nope, it's just like any other ROM. Just be on any gingerbread ROM, bootstrap, wipe data, cache and dalvik cache and install.

firefighterguy
09-11-2011, 01:03 AM
Navenedrob has and is porting various Atrix ROMS to the X2, so far with great success.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
I hope cracking the bootloader isnt too far behind. Or is it early Christmas? And it's already cracked and in the ROM? (Wishful thinking, I know. And I seem to be quite drunk. My phone keeps staying still. But my screen keeps moving all over the place.)

*Update. I just got done flashing this. All I can say so far is "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!"

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

juhde
09-11-2011, 05:29 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
I hope cracking the bootloader isnt too far behind. Or is it early Christmas? And it's already cracked and in the ROM? (Wishful thinking, I know. And I seem to be quite drunk. My phone keeps staying still. But my screen keeps moving all over the place.)

*Update. I just got done flashing this. All I can say so far is "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!"

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

I know. I want to know why the stock X2 ROM doesn't run as smooth as the Atrix one. I wonder if the X2 ROM was ported to the Atrix if it would magically run super smooth.

Naaa, the Atrix would probably just catch on fire...

Sent from my Android device

xerotix
09-11-2011, 09:05 AM
so, since this is an atrix rom can i flash atrix mods onto this rom for battery mods and such? I basically want to know if this turns my phone into an atrix in a dx2 body...
Thanks in advance

popcenator
09-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Nice find Juhde!

on the move..

Sandso9
09-11-2011, 01:07 PM
I have to say i flashed this rom yesterday its so much better then the stock 2.3.3 for the x2

juhde
09-11-2011, 01:35 PM
so, since this is an atrix rom can i flash atrix mods onto this rom for battery mods and such? I basically want to know if this turns my phone into an atrix in a dx2 body...
Thanks in advance

Word on the boards is you can flash Atrix themes straight up with varying degrees of success.

Apparently some mods work perfect, others don't work at all and others still cause failure (boot loops, etc...)

There is also word that navenedrob and a few others are working on porting themes so they'll be guaranteed to work. Just remember this kind of work takes time and these guys aren't exactly getting paid. Also the main focus right now is getting as many ROMs ported as we can, themes will come later.

Nice find Juhde!

on the move..

firefighterguy
09-11-2011, 11:02 PM
I know. I want to know why the stock X2 ROM doesn't run as smooth as the Atrix one. I wonder if the X2 ROM was ported to the Atrix if it would magically run super smooth.

Naaa, the Atrix would probably just catch on fire...

I've noticed right off the bat that that some of the "system" apk's were in /data/app with the same permisions. Thank god to TiBu so I could back them up before doing a factory reset. Because they were removed from /data/app after the reset.

So my theory (though, I am no guru like you guys) is that 2.3.3 and other "official" roms try to cram everything into /system/app. Thus, gumming up the works. What is everyone else's take on that hypothesis?

Anyone know what the "Music Store" is? And how to get rid of it? I have looked all over the phone and can't find it in any folders. It doesn't work anyways, so it's probably an AT&T app/bloat.

With how much this ROM is like butter, it just goes to show you the arrogance, forcefullness, and (arguably) evil of VZW. Hopefully with Google's acquisition of Motorola Mobility that Google will push their weight into things and have them remove all or most of their BS from the devices in the future.

It seems like the things we try to relay back to VZW and Moto through feedback, forums, and telephone fall on deaf ears because they think of you guys as idiots. That you don't know what you're talking about. This ROM is match-set/game-point that what you were trying to tell them is the absolute truth.

I liken it to when my wife took her car it to get looked at. The mechanic saw a "woman who doesn't know anything" and proceeded to take her for a ride. she called me, and I told her don't do anything. I will picke her up and then listen into the conversation when she calls them. Sure enough they were telling her a bunch of bologna and I cut in and proceeded to chew them out and tell them that that was stuff that was pointless and they were out trying to make an extra buck on a "poor defensless woman." When they quickly changed their tune, I told them it was too late. That we won't be doing ANY repairs and take it to someone else. And then file appropriate reports with Consumer Reports, BBB and Attorney Gen's Office. In their loooooong awkward silence you could hear them shhhhhhh....uhhhh....crap their pants!

*Edited
Last paragraph deleted because I am entirely too drunk. I reinstalled .1 and saw it already had Market 3.1.3. I need to pay closer attention to detail. Lmao!

Nickolas
09-12-2011, 01:45 AM
Can I flash nameless over eclipse?

sent from my eclipsed X2

juhde
09-12-2011, 02:26 AM
Can I flash nameless over eclipse?

sent from my eclipsed X2

Yes, this can be flashed over any gingerbread ROM. Just make sure you perform wipes (data, cache, dalvik cache) before flashing.

juhde
09-12-2011, 02:27 AM
*Edited
Last paragraph deleted because I am entirely too drunk. I reinstalled .1 and saw it already had Market 3.1.3. I need to pay closer attention to detail. Lmao!

Lol I was wondering when you'd notice :-)

Nickolas
09-12-2011, 02:28 AM
Thanks man

sent from my eclipsed X2

Nickolas
09-12-2011, 03:05 AM
Ok techical support up! So I backed up my stuff. Wiped delvik data and cache. Began the install of namless and right after the nameless logo goes by I get a error saying installation aborted. Anyone seen this yet?

sent from my eclipsed X2

Nickolas
09-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Lookin for some help anyone got anything?

sent from my eclipsed X2

popcenator
09-12-2011, 10:55 AM
You sure the download is a complete download? Have you verified md5 sums?

firefighterguy
09-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Ok techical support up! So I backed up my stuff. Wiped delvik data and cache. Began the install of namless and right after the nameless logo goes by I get a error saying installation aborted. Anyone seen this yet?

sent from my eclipsed X2

Yeah I got it. I thought it was because my download fubar'ed somehow. And I got it even after a third attempt on redownloading. I alsi noticed a patch from .1 to .2 that worked. I don't know if I am really on redownloading .2 or not, but delusions are what keeps me going. Lol

Nickolas
09-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Problem solved the. The .2 original op download was corrupt and is being fixed now

sent from my eclipsed X2

firefighterguy
09-12-2011, 12:49 PM
You sure the download is a complete download? Have you verified md5 sums?

How would one check the md5 sums? I haven't done it enough to remember. Lol. If memory serves me correctly, md5 sums is like check sums, right?

Problem solved the. The .2 original op download was corrupt and is being fixed now

sent from my eclipsed X2

I just now saw that at XDA also. And it's good to see Naven's still in the game.

juhde
09-12-2011, 01:16 PM
How would one check the md5 sums? I haven't done it enough to remember. Lol. If memory serves me correctly, md5 sums is like check

Yeah md5 is a random hash of characters generated to ensure a complete file. Think of it as the round block going in the round hole. If the md5 is correct the file is still round and works. If there was corruption the files half round, half square and even a bit of star some how got added. So even with a military size hammer it won't fit through the hole.

To check it you either need Linux or astrofilemanager also has read md5 function. Then you just match up the hash that the uploader posted. If the downloaded files hash matches what the uploader posted, you're good to go.

Nickolas
09-12-2011, 10:50 PM
ok last question (I seem to have alot of them) with the update .2. how do i get that thing installed?

TideFan22
09-12-2011, 11:47 PM
Or u can download android file verifier, afv to check md5's

Sent from CM7 on the GB kernel

noto
09-13-2011, 12:26 AM
Sounds like this may be the first ROM I install! Anyone know if Pandora works fine with this? I get a 30-40 second pause between songs on stock GB. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Hulk0069
09-13-2011, 12:28 AM
I have slacker no problems here

Nickolas
09-13-2011, 01:07 AM
The pause is Pandora loading a new song, not Gb

sent from my nameless X2

juhde
09-13-2011, 02:34 AM
ok last question (I seem to have alot of them) with the update .2. how do i get that thing installed?

The exact same way you installed v.1 but don't wipe anything this time.

Just saying, v.2 doesn't have any real benefit over v.1 but that's just me.

urphonesux
09-13-2011, 06:26 AM
For me the pandora delay is back to the way it was when my dx1 was running froyo. Not the 30 + seconds since gb dropped

victimssun
09-13-2011, 08:51 AM
Nope, it's just like any other ROM. Just be on any gingerbread ROM, bootstrap, wipe data, cache and dalvik cache and install.

So I'm still running 2.2.2. Do I HAVE to be running GB before flashing?

savagerun
09-13-2011, 10:04 AM
Yes have to be on GB

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Nickolas
09-13-2011, 10:35 AM
The exact same way you installed v.1 but don't wipe anything this time.

Thanks, im back on eclipse. So that brings the total to 4 roms, 3 days lol. Actually the reason was my phone was just way laggy with nameless. I froze the bloat, cleared caches, turned off the animations, everything I could think of to get it moving and it was fighting me the whole way. I intend to revisit it soon but I need a good functioning phone right now and eclipse delivers. Im super supportive of this rom, and im sure the probs are on my end. I hope my probs don't discourage anyone.

Nickolas
09-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Would a factory reset after the roms installed help?

firefighterguy
09-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Doesn't hurt. Just make sure to backup your user apps before you do. Nameless has some stuff like Voice and Chrome to Phone in /data/app. So if you want them again after the reset, have them backed up.

Also, something that I have learned from being Windows Mobile for a long time before being converted to the "Dark Side" when I got the DX1 on release day, is that when you flash a ROM, you should give it a few days or a week to kind of break itself in or to "settle." I'm sure that rule of thumb is the same in the Android world, correct me if I'm wrong.

Hulk0069
09-13-2011, 11:30 AM
agreed I've installed the ROM no problems better battery life faster boot time, way faster charging (don't know why) overall all better no lag, like firefighter stated give the ROM time to settle or time for you to get use too.

Sent from my x2 superfast with atrix toppings...;-)

juhde
09-13-2011, 12:24 PM
Would a factory reset after the roms installed help?

Wiping data is the same as factory reset and you should have done that before installing the ROM anyways, so doing right after installing would be overkill.

@FFG yes indeed, I believe there is a "break in" period, especially with new ROMs when wipes are performed. Generally it's a +-24 hour period for the various cache files to rebuild. There's also a lot of extra syncing on new setups that can make a ROM seem slow.

juhde
09-13-2011, 01:20 PM

I'm going to have to pull my foot outta my mouth here, while I still stand by the statement that v.2 isn't super beneficial, v.3 has a battery/charging bug fix. So now I would recommend flashing the v.2 patch if you haven't already or if you installed v.2 straight up, followed by the v.3 patch.

firefighterguy
09-13-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm going to have to pull my foot outta my mouth here, while I still stand by the statement that v.2 isn't super beneficial, v.3 has a battery/charging bug fix. So now I would recommend flashing the v.2 patch if you haven't already or if you installed v.2 straight up, followed by the v.3 patch.

::: Slides a beer across the table to juhde to help wash the foot down with ::: Lol!

Nickolas
09-13-2011, 07:23 PM
Wiping data is the same as factory reset and you should have done that before installing the ROM anyways, so doing right after installing would be overkill.

@FFG yes indeed, I believe there is a "break in" period, especially with new ROMs when wipes are performed. Generally it's a +-24 hour period for the various cache files to rebuild. There's also a lot of extra syncing on new setups that can make a ROM seem slow.

Ya I wiped before so not gunna wipe again. I got duty tonight so ima put nameless back on. I think im addicted to this. Correction. Way addicted. I don't want to judge something before I really get a chance to put it through it's paces.

noto
09-13-2011, 07:35 PM
The pause is Pandora loading a new song, not Gb

sent from my nameless X2

I don't think the 30-40 second pause is Pandora. My old X, my tablet and my wife's incredible 2 only experience a 3-5 second pause between songs. I've been having this problem since I received my X2 and have been looking for a solution. This rom may be it. :) I'll try it this weekend.

bleedgreen
09-13-2011, 08:21 PM
Any chance this ROM would work w/ X1?

juhde
09-13-2011, 08:42 PM
Any chance this ROM would work w/ X1?

No, no way

Sent from my Android device.

Okharvey
09-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Pretty slick, I switched back and forth in a fit of temporary ocd, can't wait to see it tweaked out. Thanks juhde!

Okharvey
09-13-2011, 09:07 PM
between nameless and eclipse that is sorry drunk

firefighterguy
09-13-2011, 10:18 PM
between nameless and eclipse that is sorry drunk

Yeah, this ROM is stoopid smooth. Lmao!

lpmboss
09-13-2011, 11:37 PM
this rom is the shizzy.. again... had a few issues with little things missing.. like voice comands... but everything was basicly recoverable.. one big issue is it flipped my sdcard with my phones on board memory.. kinda strang.. now my on board is read like sd card and the sd card is read like the phone.. any ideas as to how to fix.. also i want backup assistant back how do i get that apk?

on another note.. its crazy smooth .. and im running the honeycomb launcher with very few issues... droid x2

firefighterguy
09-13-2011, 11:46 PM
The "flip" is the way the X2 SHOULD have been done. It reads as "inrternal" but look closely. Its really your SD card. So it's storing things there. I actually like it.

If you don't like it, pm me. I can send you the patch to undo it, also written by Naven. I'm looking for Naven's thread about it now so you can read about it. Lots of useful info there. And explains it well.

*Edit -
Found it - forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1229294

Nickolas
09-14-2011, 01:43 AM
Back on nameless.....im hopeless

juhde
09-14-2011, 02:29 AM
Back on nameless.....im hopeless

Lol, just wait till more ROMs are ported. You'll be flashing everyday.

tntlassiter
09-14-2011, 09:19 AM
Our friends over at XDA have struck gold my friends.

He's calling it the nameless series and the first effort, the newest Stock ROM, is simply amazing. I don't know who was in charge over at the Atrix division at Motorola but they know their stuff.

I think I even like the BLUR in it lol, memory you ask? 200MB free and it's fully bloated. Version? 2.3.4, just like our first update *should* have been.

I highly, highly recommend you flash this port, it's nothing less than amazing.

Original thread
(http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1256164)

Screen shots (taken by me)

http://tapatalk.com/mu/62166332-ce41-a687.jpghttp://tapatalk.com/mu/62166332-ce4b-cf47.jpghttp://tapatalk.com/mu/62166332-ce56-e2ef.jpg

Do all these ROMs work on the X2 or just certain ones?

juhde
09-14-2011, 09:29 AM
Do all these ROMs work on the X2 or just certain ones?

Every ROM shown on that list is planned too be ported, just like the xda thread says only the stock 2.3.4 is available for download at the time.

tntlassiter
09-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Does this "nameless" put our phone on an AT&T type of system (I know that may sound like a stupid question)? Games and apps that I could get before I flashed I can't get now because it says they are not compatible with my device...What causes this? Example: Contract Killer

victimssun
09-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Does this "nameless" put our phone on an AT&T type of system (I know that may sound like a stupid question)? Games and apps that I could get before I flashed I can't get now because it says they are not compatible with my device...What causes this? Example: Contract Killer

I had the same issue with my Google Music App! I was wondering the same.

lhkjohn
09-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Anyone have a torrent download for this? My mac keeps auto extracting the files!

Sent from my DROID X2

Sandso9
09-14-2011, 06:10 PM
Anyone have a torrent download for this? My mac keeps auto extracting the files!

Sent from my DROID X2

haha i had this problem when i first got my mac. I take it your using safari :) go up to the Safari tab on the top left and click preferences and make sure your on the general tab then uncheck open safe files and then redownload the zip and it shouldn't extract anymore :)

juhde
09-14-2011, 07:20 PM

Sent from my DROID X2

You could always download it from your phone.

lhkjohn
09-14-2011, 09:54 PM
You could always download it from your phone.

Lol I never thought of that. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID X2

lhkjohn
09-14-2011, 10:11 PM
haha i had this problem when i first got my mac. I take it your using safari :) go up to the Safari tab on the top left and click preferences and make sure your on the general tab then uncheck open safe files and then redownload the zip and it shouldn't extract anymore :)

Sad part is that I've had Macs for 5+ years and didn't know that lol. Just never had the need to use an unextracted zip file.

Sent from my DROID X2

Okharvey
09-14-2011, 10:52 PM
I love the pulldown toggles but overall eclipse seems more stable and faster, it might just be me noobishly setting it up wrong, any tips?

lhkjohn
09-15-2011, 10:51 PM
I had the same issue with my Google Music App! I was wondering the same.

ME TOO! Anyone have a fix for this? I use google music quite often.

Hulk0069
09-16-2011, 01:01 AM
Not to mention also you can't buy any tegra games from the market no more says device not compatible.any body esle have this problem?

lhkjohn
09-16-2011, 02:36 AM
No HDMI mirror playback might just be the dealbreaker here. Blazing fast, but way too limited at this point. Might try Eclipse tonight. Anyone know if I can flash Eclipse over Atrix ROM? Or do I have to flash back to rooted GB? Thanks in advance!

juhde
09-16-2011, 02:38 AM
Just make sure you do wipes and you can flash anything gingerbread based.

victimssun
09-16-2011, 08:24 AM
ME TOO! Anyone have a fix for this? I use google music quite often.

Here, I found this over at xda, it has a transparent widget theme. Just get it on your phone and tap to install. Shouldn't have any issues

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! (http://www.multiupload.com/E2ELX25JIJ)

Edit, ^ Google Music App

bignasty407
09-16-2011, 09:15 AM
So far my opinion on the atrix port, is well nothing but wonderful. i love the speed, battery life, notification toggles, but i dont like ALL the animations on everything thats on my screen when its opens/closes, and lack of use of Music Beta. other then that this is a very awesome port.

firefighterguy
09-16-2011, 10:09 AM
Under display settings you can turn off the animations. And I believe you can still add Music Beta after the fact.

victimssun
09-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Under display settings you can turn off the animations. And I believe you can still add Music Beta after the fact.

Music doesn't show up in the store, and when viewing from the website while logged it, it says it's not valid for your device (after installing the nameless). I posted the link above to a custom one from xda, and it does work.

bignasty407
09-16-2011, 01:28 PM
i'll turn off the animations, but for fresh flash no tweeks experience it rules!

firefighterguy
09-16-2011, 01:33 PM
Music doesn't show up in the store, and when viewing from the website while logged it, it says it's not valid for your device (after installing the nameless). I posted the link above to a custom one from xda, and it does work.

Music Store is for AT&T. I don't know why its there. Lol. I've been trying to remove it. But I can't find it's file anywhere. Lol I got it to load ONCE. That's how I know it's AT&T.

Are we really Free? How "Free" do you think we are when we are not allowed to do anything without potentially being in violation of *something. *

victimssun
09-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Sorry, talking about Google Music Beta app. There's been reports of other apps not being able to download on nameless

firefighterguy
09-17-2011, 12:11 AM
Oops. Lol! My bad.

Are we really Free? How "Free" do you think we are when we are not allowed to do anything without potentially being in violation of *something. *

Hulk0069
09-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Any body on nameless ROM able to update roaming capabilities?(*228) let me know? I've tried but when it says to press 1or 2, keypad won't show to make selection.

Nemo aeternamn
09-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Any body on nameless ROM able to update roaming capabilities?(*228) let me know? I've tried but when it says to press 1or 2, keypad won't show to make selection.

I believe I read you'll need to disk *22899 because if that issue
Ya... Post #2 on the thread at xda... Which answers that you need to dial that to update

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

lhkjohn
09-17-2011, 06:19 PM
For roaming it's *22891

firefighterguy
09-18-2011, 01:41 AM
For roaming it's *22891

Outstanding! Thank you for teaching us something new. Now we can keep tower info and comms current. Thank you thank you thank you.

Now we can PRL/Data push and update roaming....(still). I will need to go back to Nameless again. Hehehehehehehe

Hulk0069
09-18-2011, 02:03 AM
Thank you also

lpmboss
09-18-2011, 06:11 PM
yea i did a video tutorial on how to switch from eclipse to the atrix port... check it out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WJXncbo_dw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j73NYIGgtwE

firefighterguy
09-18-2011, 09:13 PM
I might be missing something. But *22891 didn't end up working for me on either stock 2.3.3 nor Nameless. It starts to go through the process, but stops and says they couldn't prigram the phone or thst it can't be completed at this time.

tntlassiter
09-19-2011, 07:41 AM

No help on this anyone?

popcenator
09-19-2011, 07:43 AM
Open the build.prop using a root file manager and see what the ro.product.model is.

on the move..

tntlassiter
09-19-2011, 08:01 AM
Open the build.prop using a root file manager and see what the ro.product.model is.

on the move..

What is a "root file manager" and where would I find the build.prop? Sorry if these seem like stupid questions but I am learning...

popcenator
09-19-2011, 08:25 AM
There are no stupid questions as we are all learning.

You phone comes with a file manager stock but it does not have root access which means it cannot alter system files, so a root file manager has the ability to do this. Root explorer or super manager are a couple in the market. There are others as well but those are the ones on the top of my head. Use one of these to go into the /system folder, hit mount r/w somewhere at the top, long press on build.prop and open in a word editor or similar. Then look for ro.product.model.

on the move..

victimssun
09-19-2011, 09:05 AM

on the move..

ro.product.model=DROID X2

tntlassiter
09-19-2011, 09:08 AM
There are no stupid questions as we are all learning.

You phone comes with a file manager stock but it does not have root access which means it cannot alter system files, so a root file manager has the ability to do this. Root explorer or super manager are a couple in the market. There are others as well but those are the ones on the top of my head. Use one of these to go into the /system folder, hit mount r/w somewhere at the top, long press on build.prop and open in a word editor or similar. Then look for ro.product.model.

on the move..

I now have super manager by GPC but I do not see a system folder...what am I doing wrong?...Nevermind...I finally found it but since I got the free version, I can't look at it.

popcenator
09-19-2011, 09:40 AM
hit the menu button and go into setup or whatever the option is to get into settings, then you have to enable root function.

I don't know if it's anything like the X where DROIDX2 has to be one word or not.

SnoobStar
09-19-2011, 10:57 PM
I seem to be having some trouble.. I installed the rom and everything is ok. Except when I try to put any widgets on to my home screen the only widgets there are the stock ones and titanium backup. I tried wiping cache and dalvik. Any ideas?

juhde
09-19-2011, 11:20 PM
I seem to be having some trouble.. I installed the rom and everything is ok. Except when I try to put any widgets on to my home screen the only widgets there are the stock ones and titanium backup. I tried wiping cache and dalvik. Any ideas?

Do you have anything installed that has widgets other than titanium?

SnoobStar
09-20-2011, 05:08 AM
Yep, fancy widgets for example. All restored using TiBU.

juhde
09-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Yep, fancy widgets for example. All restored using TiBU.

Is it possible you also restored some system apps or data as well that could be causing a conflict? You might try wiping data/cache, reinstall the atrix ROM, and don't restore anything with tibu. Just download fancy widgets from the market. If they work after that then there must be something happening during your restore process.

SnoobStar
09-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Is it possible you also restored some system apps or data as well that could be causing a conflict? You might try wiping data/cache, reinstall the atrix ROM, and don't restore anything with tibu. Just download fancy widgets from the market. If they work after that then there must be something happening during your restore process.

I didn't restore any system apps, but maybe some data that was restored with my other apps is causing a conflict. Now my apps aren't showing up when I try to go to my apps in the market, although they will earlier. Will try that though, thanks.

juhde
09-20-2011, 02:00 PM
I didn't restore any system apps, but maybe some data that was restored with my other apps is causing a conflict. Now my apps aren't showing up when I try to go to my apps in the market, although they will earlier. Will try that though, thanks.

Let me know how it goes, if it does work maybe we can figure out where the problem is with your restore.

xaalfx
09-20-2011, 03:42 PM
Has anyone had an sd card issues? All of a sudden my x2 wont read my sd card it says its not mounted and wont let me mount =\...also I thought that this rom had a flip flop It still says 8 gig internal memory and sd card 4 gig but my sd card is 8 gigs plz help =[

Sent from my *nameless* DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

SnoobStar
09-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Let me know how it goes, if it does work maybe we can figure out where the problem is with your restore.

Tried it, none of my apps showed up in the market or downloaded. Could I have just gotten a bad dl of the rom? I saw that other people had problems with the market, but not this problem in particular.

Hulk0069
09-20-2011, 05:48 PM
So I've tired to update my roaming capabilities via*22899 takes a while but it does work try doing it before 9pm..

xaalfx
09-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Has anyone had an sd card issues? All of a sudden my x2 wont read my sd card it says its not mounted and wont let me mount =\...also I thought that this rom had a flip flop It still says 8 gig internal memory and sd card 4 gig but my sd card is 8 gigs plz help =[

Sent from my *nameless* DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

Nvm I had to format my sd card in another android device -.- wheww

juhde
09-20-2011, 09:36 PM
Tried it, none of my apps showed up in the market or downloaded. Could I have just gotten a bad dl of the rom? I saw that other people had problems with the market, but not this problem in particular.

It's possible, the market is a tricky thing to trouble shoot. Did you try signing in to gtalk before you used the market? Most people don't realize they're interconnected and signing in to gtalk can solve a lot of market issues.

popcenator
09-20-2011, 10:08 PM
I've also seen where members give it a couple days and the market works again, it's an odd phenomenon.

SnoobStar
09-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Yeah I was signed in. I went back to eclipse and installed .06 remix (up from .05) and had the same issue. So it's definitely something I'm doing. I just don't know what it.. Should market apps that I had on my phone previously download? Thanks for all of your help by the way.

juhde
09-20-2011, 10:53 PM
Yeah I was signed in. I went back to eclipse and installed .06 remix (up from .05) and had the same issue. So it's definitely something I'm doing. I just don't know what it.. Should market apps that I had on my phone previously download? Thanks for all of your help by the way.

Apps don't always re download on new ROMs, it depends on the way the dev setup the ROM and if you checked allow google to backup your settings. Auto app restore is a real hit and miss operation.

SnoobStar
09-20-2011, 11:04 PM
Ah alright. Makes more sense now. Still don't understand my issue with TiBU, but thanks again. I'll look around some more.

victimssun
09-21-2011, 08:59 AM
I hope it's alright that I post this here, but I'm looking for a black themed notification bar, BUT that still has the toggles in it. Any ideas? (for this atrix rom of course)

firefighterguy
09-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Naven has just the notification bar toggles for Droid X2 on Gingerbread. As far as your black notification bar, I have had some triubke theming this ROM also. But maybe someone else had some better luck with it. Hopefully I just brainfarted. Lol. I was using NinjaMorph.

Nitroglycerin 's Eclipse ROM has a black notification bar by default (at least when I gave it a shot a while back). And is also a good ROM, IMO. But I am unsure if it plays nice with Naven's notification toggles. But it's worth a try to play with. (But make sure you make a nandroid backup first. I learned the hard way and had to learn how to sbf. Lol)

Let me see if I can find the link for the notification toggeles for you...

*Edited

Here ya go - forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=17560832

And after rereading this, it looks like it is for stock only. But Eclipse might have one of their own soon. And there was a thread I was reading where Naven was telling someone how to go about doing it themselves. forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=17510962#post17510962

But you would need to learn apktools, and how to modify the SystemUI.apk in /system/app. I attempted it, but haven't had much time to keep trying yet.

juhde is a good sorce to ask. His knowledge is to be sound. And he has taught me a lot. A LOOOOT. And still does. Lol

firefighterguy
09-21-2011, 10:31 AM
I might be missing something. But *22891 didn't end up working for me on either stock 2.3.3 nor Nameless. It starts to go through the process, but stops and says they couldn't prigram the phone or thst it can't be completed at this time.

*bump

Any one have any ideas how to school me on this?

victimssun
09-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks, I'll look into maybe theming the bar myself. And to answer your activation... forget stock 2.3.3 and nameless, and just flash this!

[ROM][PORT][UNOFFICIAL] Alien Build #4 X2-BETA - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1270781)

I'd make a new thread, but I haven't flashed it yet, so It would just be me posting this link.

Edit: after reading that xda thread, I will in fact not be changing the notification bar myself, ha. I'll wait until someone else does.

juhde
09-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Adding alien ROM to the op. Thanks for pointing out it's released victimssun

Victimsun: I was just about to tell you that theming framework is not for the faint of heart lol.

firefighterguy
09-21-2011, 11:02 PM
^ What he said.

And please take my experience and learn from my mistakes. Because it totally sucks. Make sure you know exactly how bootstrap works and that you know how to get into bootstrap recovery whenever you want. So when you screw up after countless rereading and trying to find out for yourself and then do something stupid - which you will do, not because you're dumd (you're not), but because everybody does dumb thing. Some more thsn others (points to myself). And make a nandroid backup (or several. Whatever is your preference.) Because then you can at least restore the backup instead of taking all day long to restore yourself after an sbf. There is a learning curve, but once you at least get the jist of it, you'll have a lot of fun. Particularly when you have a backup to fall back on! Lol

ommarshakir
09-24-2011, 06:08 PM
My droid x2 port is pretty laggy when i use live wallpapers..

lhkjohn
09-25-2011, 12:18 AM
Anyone find a way to get back hdmi mirroring back on this rom?

Tapatalkin' from my Atrix'd out DROIDX2!

ommarshakir
09-26-2011, 03:50 AM
My video recording is laggy and freezes/FC everytime.. any fix? Other then that its awesome!

Hulk0069
09-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Try changing your storage to internal space because it's flip flopped (storage place)

lhkjohn
10-02-2011, 08:51 PM
*bump

Any one have any ideas how to school me on this?

Sorry man I missed this. What actually worked for me was creating a contact with the number #228,,,2 apparently the ,'s act as a pause. Got it from a post on xda, but you probably have the unofficial 2.3.4 installed already so it may not even be an issue anymore.

firefighterguy
10-04-2011, 07:49 AM
No worries. Happens to me all the time ;)

Thank you, sir. I'll give 'er a whirl and see what happens.

morlakai
10-05-2011, 08:37 AM
Awesome ROM(original Atrix), first ROM I have flashed and not thinking about changing it! :)

One question I have is how do I get to that APP page that shows how much available ram at the bottom of the screen.

Hulk0069
10-06-2011, 12:30 AM
Menu>settings>applications>running service you'll see it at the bottom

Sent from my combine x2& atrix to become...X2-Trix

morlakai
10-07-2011, 12:19 AM
Menu>settings>applications>running service you'll see it at the bottom

Sent from my combine x2& atrix to become...X2-Trix

thanks man :D

Hulk0069
10-07-2011, 12:39 AM
No problem

Sent from my DROIDX 2 using Droid X Forums

anav
10-07-2011, 05:02 PM
how do i remove the atrix rom to go back to what i was originally on gb 2.3.4?? Do i just sbf back to 2.3.4? no unroot or anything? do i remove rom from sd card?

juhde
10-07-2011, 06:21 PM
how do i remove the atrix rom to go back to what i was originally on gb 2.3.4?? Do i just sbf back to 2.3.4? no unroot or anything? do i remove rom from sd card?

Just sbf back and factory reset after sbfing. Sbf are factory programming files from motorola, the phone could be completely blank and a sbf will put Android on it, in fact that's how they do it at the factory. Sbfs don't care what you're currently running, only roms make a difference because they depend on a certain kernel.

Example if you sbfed to 2.2.2 and tried to flash a 2.3.3 ROM it wouldn't work because 2.3.3 roms depend on a 2.3.3 kernel. Since sbfing or taking a legit OTA update are the only ways to flash the kernel, you'd have to sbf to 2.3.3 (or sbf to 2.2.2 then take the OTA to 2.3.3) before you can flash a 2.3.3 ROM.

anav
10-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Ok got it. So i can just sbf with 2.3.4 file in the other thread ?
For the most part it ran well, but when I charged the phone when it was powered off, the screen had a motorola emblem but the screen was fashing like when you change the channel on the tv from the emblem to pink slashes of some sort. It was weird also sometimes I would touch the screen for an app or during a game and the phone wouldn't respond unless I pressed on the phone for a couple seconds. Any suggestions?

juhde
10-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Yeah just flash the 2.3.4 sbf with rsdlite, then factory reset and you're good to go.

anav
10-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Is there a way to fix this? instead of sbfing

aardvark502
10-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Can I flash the .4 build right over eclipse .8? Thanks!

juhde
10-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Can I flash the .4 build right over eclipse .8? Thanks!

As long as you wipe data and cache yes, you can flash atrix .4 over eclipse .8.

aardvark502
10-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Thanks.

Tapped on my Eclipse DROID x2

LastProphet
10-11-2011, 07:38 PM
The first time I attempted to flash the alien rom it said it completed but when I restarted my phone i got the "failed to boot 2" I had to sbf back to 2.3.4 Im not comepletely sure what went wrong. i wiped both the cache and dalvic cache and did a factory reset but something still managed to go wrong. Regardless i think eclipse is my choice of x2 roms for the time being.

LastProphet
10-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Just realized what I did wrong... now i feel like a complete noob! haha I flashed the alien theme before the actual rom. Suppose i was just being careless in my extreme excitement xD

aardvark502
10-12-2011, 05:28 PM
So i like this rom so far but I selected display friends activity in gallery but it still doesn't show there activity any thoughts?

Tapped on my Eclipse DROID x2