PDA

View Full Version : Liberty 2.0.1 to Apex 2.0

Glizbane
09-09-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm currently running Loberty 2.0.1, Android version 2.2.1 and I'd like to flash to Apex 2.0. I don't really know what to do from this point, I'm thinking of doing a factory reset and trying from there, but I'm not sure if I would know what to do from there even. Anybody want to talk to me like I'm a kindergartner and walk me through it?

JSM9872
09-10-2011, 01:18 AM
There is actually a very easy way to do this. Just go into the Apex 2.0.0 rc3 thread and in the first post download the Apex AIO (all in one).

There are instructions there on how to use it (they are in red and say they are for froyo ROMs only). But I will say when you do the wipes in recovery that are necessary, make sure you dont use the normal factory reset and cache wipe options. Go into "Mounts and Storage" then format the specific things listed in the instructions. After that flash the ROM and reboot.

But like I said go into the apex thread, download the file you need, and make sure to follow the directions excatly. I used the method I just described and it worked fine for me.

Glizbane
09-10-2011, 01:21 PM
Here's my problem,

You must be on .602 rooted or a .602 based ROM
Kernel must be 2.6.32.9-g34b306d
tkwp86@ca25rhe81 #2
Baseband must be BP_C_01.09.13P

I don't know what .602 is.

My kernel is 2.6.32.9-g55626e1w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1

My baseband is BP_C_01.09.07P

My phone doesn't meet any of those requirements, if I try to use the Apex AIO, will I brick my phone?

savagerun
09-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Those are requirements if your not using the AIO. JSM is talking about you doing the AIO which will work fine right where your at. Go in your settings and select about phone and see what your system version is. Should be. 340
Edit... Just noticed your first post and your on froyo so your good to go with the AIO
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Glizbane
09-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Awesome, thank you so much. Looks like I've got a little work to do today!

savagerun
09-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Awesome, thank you so much. Looks like I've got a little work to do today!

No problem just follow the directions for the AIO very carefully and you'll be fine. When people don't read the directions thats when they get problems so take your time. If you need more help just give a yell and someone here will help.

JSM9872
09-10-2011, 03:55 PM
No problem just follow the directions for the AIO very carefully and you'll be fine. When people don't read the directions thats when they get problems so take your time. If you need more help just give a yell and someone here will help.

+1 to all of that.

Like I said in my prior post The AIO works very well. Just follow the instructions carefully. And I would make a note that the first boot up after using it did take a bit longer then normally (like a minute or two) and you will most likely have to activate your phone since it replaces the radio. But that part is easy, it will dial the number automatically, you just need to hit 1 when it tells you to.

And make sure you let us know how you make out when you do it.

Glizbane
09-10-2011, 07:24 PM
I placed the aio into a folder on the sd card, instead of the root directory, so I was unable to flash it after wiping everything. I had to reboot the system, and then when I got back into the phone, I couldn't access the SD card, said it was damaged. I rebooted into recovery by holding volume down while pushing the power button, and clockwork recognized the SD card. I'm in the process of a system restore, then I'll be trying this again from scratch.

popcenator
09-10-2011, 07:46 PM
It does not need to be in a specific folder, just follow the directions exactly. Formatting the system, data, and cache...not wiping.

on the move..

Glizbane
09-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Well, the folder I put it in (Apex) wasn't showing up in recovery. In fact, only about 10 folders were showing up.

JSM9872
09-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Sorry I didnt see that you posted in here that you had an issue. It is strange that happened. I put stuff all over my SD card with no issues. Did it end up being that the SD card was shot or just a random occurence?

Glizbane
09-11-2011, 02:31 AM
I dunno how, but I bricked my phone. It's cool though, I already SBF'd it back to stock, now I'll be attempting the Apex install again.

*edit* This time, I'm going to be very, very careful about everything.

JSM9872
09-11-2011, 02:57 AM
Make sure you let your battery charge up unless you have a spare. If you botch it and have to sbf again your battery may end up running very low on juice. And make sure you do the wipes the proper way since they are different then just doing a factory reset from recovery.

Tapatalked From the Mind and Fingers of JSM...

Glizbane
09-11-2011, 03:13 AM
Ok, well, since I got my phone back up and running from the SBF, I rooted the phone, installed superuser and bootstrap. I rebooted into recovery and bootstrap said my SD card didn't have any files on it. I know for a fact that the apex zip is on there.

Nond904
09-11-2011, 08:33 AM
I've never tried putting the actual zip in a folder just left it on the root of the card..

I'll be honest I had issues with AIO but looking back now I was just doing factory wipe data reset not formatting certain parts. I'm sure it would have worked just as well.

Why not just update to the latest gingerbread and follow the one click method once you are on .602? It's a matter of plugging in your phone and turning it to charge mode and running the script. Then you're phone is on .602 and rooted. Don't forget the SBF of .602 is out as well.

Glizbane
09-12-2011, 11:28 AM
This is becoming very frustrating for me, I've moved this to the help section. I'm just about ready to flash back to liberty at this point and just forget about apex.