PDA

View Full Version : need help quick! .602 sbf bootloop

Phildo
09-09-2011, 02:16 PM
So I finally decided to take the plunge and update to GB. I have been on 2.3.320/340 running Rubix for like the longest time. I attempted the three upgrade methods mentioned to get to leaked GB (.5955/.596 I believe) and they all failed. I noticed there was a sbf available for .602, so I figured I would try that. I'm no noob when it comes to flashing the sbf, but right now I'm stuck and I cannot get my phone working.

So here is where I'm at. I have .602 loaded, but I'm stuck in a bootloop with the Rubix animation. I have the new red "M" when turning the phone on. I have tried to get into the stock recovery using camera+home+power to clear cache, and I get to where the screen has the android guy with the ! in the triangle, but pressing the search button does not take me into the menu screen to access the option to clear cache. I have done many battery pulls, all to no avail. Can somebody PLEASE help me get this fixed?! I only have limited time on the internet, as I'm at the library right now, can possibly go somewhere else tomorrow, but as of now, I'm stuck, and need my phone. Thanks for any help!!

popcenator
09-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Stock recovery = power down the phone (pull battery, reinstall) hold power + home buttons until android appears, then use both volume keys to enter recovery, then power button to select.

savagerun
09-09-2011, 02:19 PM
When your in recovery instead of using search button press both volume buttons instead
EDIT... NINJA'D
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Phildo
09-09-2011, 02:21 PM
AWESOME!!!

in recovery now, hope this works...

Phildo
09-09-2011, 02:25 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

My phone is now functional again. Thank you both for the incredibly fast replies!!!!!

popcenator
09-09-2011, 02:25 PM
It's what we do, you're very welcome!

Phildo
09-09-2011, 02:31 PM
now time to root, and get my stuff all set back up, then maybe possibly browse around for a rom/theme to try out...haha

savagerun
09-09-2011, 02:46 PM
now time to root, and get my stuff all set back up, then maybe possibly browse around for a rom/theme to try out...haha

Now that your on GB the stock recovery method has changed which you found out the hard way.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

j_ryan
09-30-2011, 05:10 PM
Just wanted to say a quick thank you. I didn't know that they changed recovery from the search key to the volume buttons. Solved my problem too, you guys are awesome :big smile:

dm1027
10-31-2011, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the Volume Button answer... You guys are life savers.

SscoootzZ
12-04-2011, 10:11 PM
:nerd:As with the other thanks givers, agreed! Thank you thank you thank you...my 'f' chromosome thanks you, too! :nerd:

Word & Namasté,
~:sDs:~

PS - the 'f' chromosome refers to the previously unremarked "flash chromosome," which separates us from the herd... :starstruck:

popcenator
12-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Always glad to help!