PDA

View Full Version : Market problems. Found the cause, need a solution

mrclean81
09-08-2011, 01:57 PM
This is my first post even though I've lurked around for a long time. Anyway, I've had the same problems with the market that many others have had. I can't download or update apps after the 602 update. All I get is the orange triangle and the download stops. I've had no luck in searching forums or calling Verison. Today I uninstalled the market update and went back to the old version. The same thing happened, but this time it said "download paused, waiting for wifi". I was at a hotel last weekend and the market worked as long as I was connected to their wifi, so that tells me that either I have something set up wrong, or the update took it upon itself to only let me download apps while on wifi. I never had this problem until the update, and I've been through every setting I can think of. Any ideas?
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mrclean81
09-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Ok I got some help over at XDA and wanted to post the solution for anyone else having this problem. Go to settings, battery and data manager, go to data saver and uncheck the data saver box. Its that simple :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

popcenator
09-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Go into settings and make sure data saver isn't on.

Edit: Ninjad by the OP, nice work!

mrclean81
09-09-2011, 12:52 AM
We must have posted that at the same time. Thank you for the reply though. I cant believe I couldnt figure this out, but glad there are sites like this and XDA out there to help when I cant :)