PDA

View Full Version : One more day left! What are you doing to keep yourself occupied?-DB

AngelRyuX
09-07-2011, 06:36 AM
I'm going crazy I just dk what to do! I've watched so many videos of the phone I've had dreams about it lol.. Even though droid hd/droid prime is coming, something keeps telling me this is it! Just like my droid x has gone a long ways beating every phone up to d3 anyways. So here we are just 1 day away and many long slow hours to spare. So to stop yourself from doing something crazy, what are you doing to get your mind off of it?!
P.S
I also believe bionic like dx got gb, it will get ics. Which is why I'm not waiting. What do you think?

Sent from Tapatalk using a rooted DroidX running 2.3.3 that's ROMED using DarkslideX but isn't Overclocked yet.

Arak-Nafein
09-07-2011, 08:59 AM
I think I'll have to pass on the Bionic. The qHD screen is a big turnoff. Beyond that, I'm still loving my X. I would like 4G, but I'm pretty content & happy where I'm at right now. In fact, I just bought a spare X off of ebay for use with my car. (And for cannibalizing parts if my primary X ever dies)

A semi-related question. What happens to those of us on a grandfathered-in unlimited plan if we decided to get a Bionic? Would we have unlimited 4G or would they force us to switch to a tiered 4G plan?

holly
09-07-2011, 09:44 AM
You keep your unlimited.

Sent from my non-rooted dx

AngelRyuX
09-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Keeping in mind, unlimited is only 5g, so I'm gonna lose it on purpose and get 2g since max I've used up was 1.4gbs since I've got the phone. Plus save money.

Sent from Tapatalk using a rooted DroidX running 2.3.3 that's ROMED using DarkslideX but isn't Overclocked yet.

Gomerm
09-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Keeping in mind, unlimited is only 5g, so I'm gonna lose it on purpose and get 2g since max I've used up was 1.4gbs since I've got the phone. Plus save money.

Max is not 5 gigs btw. I use almost 30 gigs a month. Sometimes more.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Amazonfemme
09-07-2011, 01:20 PM
I don't have an upgrade until next July, but I'm OK with that. It means there'll be time to see how people like the Bionic, read up on any problems and (hopefully) solutions, and see if anything else comes along that I might like better. To be honest, I'm really disappointed with the redesigned look of the Bionic. I fell in love with the form factor of the version Motorola unveiled at CES, and wish they hadn't made the final version so ... boxy. I was thinking I might go for the Galaxy S II, but that was before Verizon said it won't carry it (phooey!).

Anyhoo, it'll be interesting to see how people feel about the Bionic once they've actually got their hands on it and have used it a while.

bophead
09-07-2011, 01:35 PM
The initial reviews seem less than stellar. Benchmark tests are below a couple of phones already. The screen and camera were so so. And usually what is Moto's forte, a good phone, was below par. We will see more reviews starting tomorrow, but for the price of a nice laptop (with the lapdock), I am liking my X more and more these days. It still works great. Wait and see and maybe go to the store to see for myself.

zoe
09-07-2011, 01:51 PM
my upgrade is still far off (?), only 1/2 way through my contract but idk when I'm eligible. nor do i know what the upgrade pricing is even. I've always had to switch carriers at the end of my contract to get a decent deal on a new phone, but now that unlimited plans are a thing of the past I'll have to stick with vzw as I'm grandfathered in. love my X, but i do like new toys/ gadgets, i try not to even think about these things until it's 'time'

at least running cm4dxgb has made this a whole new phone from what it was oob last year...

(____((_________::: ~~~

Droid Diggler
09-07-2011, 02:38 PM
I'm elgible for an upgrade already since I've had my X a little over a year now. If I could afford atm I would be all over it but hopefully by the time I have the extra money I'll have the tough choice of choosing the bionic or prime. :(

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums