PDA

View Full Version : [ROM] 4.5.602 GB (3 Versions)

macpro88
09-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Mobile_Sensei has been awesome enough to put these together for us! Please visit the OP and show your support! [ROM] 4.5.602 GB (3 Versions) (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?4615-ROM-4.5.602-GB-(3-Versions)&p=94289)

4.5.602 Gingerbread Built From Official Verizon OTA. I SBF'ed back to .340 & took the OTA, Pulled the system with ADB & deodexed w/ XEDOXUS' X-Ultimate, so that we would have the freshest, official OTA.

Version 1 : Stock .602 GB, Deodexed, Full Blur, Rooted.
Version 2 : Stock .602 GB, Deodexed, Full Blur, Rooted,No Bloatware
Version 3 : Sensei Mod .602 GB, Deodexed, Blur / AOSP Hybrid. Custom Theme & Launcher, Rooted

V2 of his Sensei Mod is now up: http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?4900-ROM-Sensei-Mod-602-GB-v2

To download, please visit the original post over at Rootz: [ROM] 4.5.602 GB (3 Versions) (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?4615-ROM-4.5.602-GB-(3-Versions)&p=94289)

*Must already be on a .602 GB Build to use, this is not an all in one updater.
*Download to SD_Card
*Bootstrap & Reboot Into CWR
*Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik Cache
*Flash ROM
*Reboot

Themes For Above Files Will Be Listed In Theme Section

CREDITS : Xudoxus for his awesome X-Ultimate Scrits, Fabolous : Super Launcher2 found in SSM Version (3)

Please Show Your Support

Nemo aeternamn
09-06-2011, 03:01 PM
nice find mac

macpro88
09-06-2011, 03:05 PM
nice find mac

For sure, I'm already deodexed, and debloated but some people like a nice easy to use flashable .zip ;) lol I personally enjoy the new Blur. No need for a ROM yet until CM7/MIUI are on new kernel.

Nemo aeternamn
09-06-2011, 03:11 PM
For sure, I'm already deodexed, and debloated but some people like a nice easy to use flashable .zip ;) lol I personally enjoy the new Blur. No need for a ROM yet until CM7/MIUI are on new kernel.

ya... the new blur is pretty nice... and right now i'm running rev's nightlies of cm7 on gb... but the prerooted versions that were available... i found out that the break the recovery... i'm just wondering if i flash this then put my back up of cm7 on there.... if it will fix the broken stock recovery

Bkdodger
09-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Awesome ...alot of happy peeps when they get to see this thread.

Sent from elGato's X..
"I will not flash today...I will not flash tonight ..oh who am I kidding...."

macpro88
09-06-2011, 03:21 PM
ya... the new blur is pretty nice... and right now i'm running rev's nightlies of cm7 on gb... but the prerooted versions that were available... i found out that the break the recovery... i'm just wondering if i flash this then put my back up of cm7 on there.... if it will fix the broken stock recovery

It just might, unless its the CM7 on GB kernel that broke recovery. Find out for us! lol

Nemo aeternamn
09-06-2011, 03:32 PM
haha... i'm backing up to try as i type... and i don't think it's cm7... because i did went to test that about a week ago... did the sbf 340 tried the two part preroot 602 as well as tbh aio 602... both broke stock recovery.... i would just sbf to 602... but my computer isn't wanting to install rsd lite 5.4.4...

savagerun
09-06-2011, 03:45 PM
haha... i'm backing up to try as i type... and i don't think it's cm7... because i did went to test that about a week ago... did the sbf 340 tried the two part preroot 602 as well as tbh aio 602... both broke stock recovery.... i would just sbf to 602... but my computer isn't wanting to install rsd lite 5.4.4...

Nemo ive heard you mention at least a couple times about the prerooted 602 breaking recovery. Im on the 2part prerooted 602 and my recovery works fine. Does it seems very common that factory recovery is getting broke?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

savagerun
09-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Yeeeha.... More roms to try. Gotta love it!

Nemo aeternamn
09-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Nemo ive heard you mention at least a couple times about the prerooted 602 breaking recovery. Im on the 2part prerooted 602 and my recovery works fine. Does it seems very common that factory recovery is getting broke?

you can get into factory recovery?

i don't know if it's common or not... but i've talked to a few different people on a few different forums... so i know there are also others out there... and harley mentioned that it's something in the prerooted methods that break the recovery

Nemo aeternamn
09-06-2011, 03:54 PM
It just might, unless its the CM7 on GB kernel that broke recovery. Find out for us! lol

update.... ya... this didn't help... still can't get into factory recovery....

JSM9872
09-06-2011, 04:05 PM
I had the same issue on prerooted .602 Nemo. Could still bootstrap fine, thankfully never needed factory while I was on it.

Then I went back down to .340 and ran CM for a few days. Used Apex AIO to flash well Apex and same result, no factory recovery. Thinking about trying out the .602 SBF then one clicking it to see what happens. Maybe taking the OTA then rooting it. Choices, choices...

popcenator
09-06-2011, 04:05 PM
You should just SBF, take the OTA, then root the D3 way. Stock recovery isn't a huge deal but it's nice to have everything working.

savagerun
09-06-2011, 04:08 PM
you can get into factory recovery?

i don't know if it's common or not... but i've talked to a few different people on a few different forums... so i know there are also others out there... and harley mentioned that it's something in the prerooted methods that break the recovery

Yeah i think it was last night i saw one of your posts mention stock recovery getting broke so i checked mine right away and was relieved it worked fine. It was from here http://droidmodderx.com/gingerbread-version-2-3-3-4-5-602-and-13-update-zip/ where i downloaded part 1 and 2 from the mirror download but couldn't tell you which mirrors i chose its been a while.

JSM9872
09-06-2011, 04:13 PM
You should just SBF, take the OTA, then root the D3 way. Stock recovery isn't a huge deal but it's nice to have everything working.

Thats what I am thinking. And true not a necessity. But its nice to know its there in case of an oh **** moment.

macpro88
09-06-2011, 05:27 PM
I had issues with stock recovery on the AIO, so I sbf'd back to .340, took OTA, rooted with D3, and everything is kosher! Including stock recovery.

nemosfate
09-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the links mac

root, roms and themes oh my!

spodoc
09-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Are you all trying the new way of getting into recovery for GB or the froyo way?

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/36320-stock-recovery-reset-after-gb-602-sbf.html

savagerun
09-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Are you all trying the new way of getting into recovery for GB or the froyo way?

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/36320-stock-recovery-reset-after-gb-602-sbf.html

Spodoc this has always been the way to do it once on gingerbread as far as i know.

TideFan22
09-06-2011, 06:03 PM
My stock recovery works fine and i used the two part 602

Sent from CM7 on the GB kernel

HarleyDude
09-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Mac, Nice find
Links to this discussion thread and rootzwiki download have been added to the http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/35634-gb-602-root-start-here-links-all.html thread.

Nemo aeternamn
09-06-2011, 06:15 PM

i just sbfed with the 602 file... using rsdlite 5.0... and it worked flawlessly

savagerun
09-06-2011, 06:32 PM

Excellent! Good to know gotta love that rsdlite.

TideFan22
09-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Ive always used 4.9 and its never failed me once, is there anything better about the newer versions, thats worth switching to one of them if the 4.9 runs perfect. Is it worth upgrading?

BHuber09
09-06-2011, 06:45 PM
I upgraded rsd to see and no nothing different really
Maybe a little faster but that might be me looking for something
Dont worry about upgrading

FreeMyMoto!!!

The persuader
09-06-2011, 06:57 PM
RSD Lite 9...

Once the ROM Boots...Is their a Way to Stop it from Bootlooping in the End...It never
did it before... but the last two Times it has..

Thinking out Loud...

Its Bubba

Nemo aeternamn
09-06-2011, 07:01 PM
um... besides pulling the battery and doing a factory wipe bubba?

patmw123
09-06-2011, 07:01 PM
My stock recovery works fine and i used the two part 602

I think some people were confused with the new way to enter stock recovery on gingerbread compared to how it was on froyo. I don't think there ever ended up being a legitimate problem with getting in to stock recovery.

Sent from my DROIDX

macpro88
09-06-2011, 07:16 PM
I think some people were confused with the new way to enter stock recovery on gingerbread compared to how it was on froyo. I don't think there ever ended up being a legitimate problem with getting in to stock recovery.

Sent from my DROIDX

No, there were issues lol, I know I had an early version of P3's AIO that had a broken stock recovery, and trust me, it was gone lol, I never downloaded it again but I can some having issues if not all and the only ppl that noticed were those needing to get in.... and that might not have been too many.

savagerun
09-06-2011, 07:16 PM
RSD Lite 9...

Once the ROM Boots...Is their a Way to Stop it from Bootlooping in the End...It never
did it before... but the last two Times it has..

Thinking out Loud...

Its Bubba

Ive noticed if i go in stock recovery and do all my wipes before i sbf i usually boot up normal when its done but if i forget to do it before sbf i bootloop.

savagerun
09-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Ive always used 4.9 and its never failed me once, is there anything better about the newer versions, thats worth switching to one of them if the 4.9 runs perfect. Is it worth upgrading?

I always use rsdlite 4.9 myself and never once has it failed me so i just keep on using it.

macpro88
09-06-2011, 07:53 PM
I think the newer the Moto SBF files get the newer the program needs to be, and that's true for SBF files for ALL Moto phones and not just the DX. I still use 4.8 and never have issues, have yet to try the new .602 file though.

Sefirosu
09-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Oh man I just want version 3 to show up, so bad!

macpro88
09-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Oh man I just want version 3 to show up, so bad!

haha, yeah, a modded and themed version of .602 would be pretty sweet.

Anyone get any of the first two installed with no issues? How's it running?

spodoc
09-06-2011, 07:59 PM
I think the newer the Moto SBF files get the newer the program needs to be, and that's true for SBF files for ALL Moto phones and not just the DX. I still use 4.8 and never have issues, have yet to try the new .602 file though.

I just SBFed 602 w/ RSD 4.7 and it worked perfectly the first time. I did end up SBFing twice because I was unaware that GB had a different stock recovery method (apparently it's common knowledge). Upon not being able to enter stock recovery w/ the froyo method, I SBFed the second time thinking something had gone wrong.

JSM9872
09-06-2011, 08:18 PM

I was trying this method but just double checked it to make sure. I keep getting the boot logo just flashing off and on. On the third attempt it actually sent me into CWR.

Not really a big deal since the only time ever remember using stock recovery is after an SBF anyway.

corki2
09-06-2011, 08:24 PM
I just flashed #2 and when I click on a contact to open it, it throws me to my home screen. I wiped everything again and flashed it again and had the same thing again. I haven't been playing with it very long so I'm not sure if there's anything else. Has anyone else flashed this?

Edit: The keyboard is force closing when I try to text or email.

TideFan22
09-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Ive noticed if i go in stock recovery and do all my wipes before i sbf i usually boot up normal when its done but if i forget to do it before sbf i bootloop.

It's cause when u sbf, the sbf doesn't wipe data, that's why sometimes u bootloop. So wiping b4 or after is the same thing, I just wait till after and i wipe even if I'm not bootlooping... I may be wrong about the sbf not wiping data, but I believe that's the case. Edit: I guess I'll just stick with 4.9 if there's no real advantage to upgrade to a newer version

savagerun
09-06-2011, 10:27 PM
It's cause when u sbf, the sbf doesn't wipe data, that's why sometimes u bootloop. So wiping b4 or after is the same thing, I just wait till after and i wipe even if I'm not bootlooping... I may be wrong about the sbf not wiping data, but I believe that's the case. Edit: I guess I'll just stick with 4.9 if there's no real advantage to upgrade to a newer version

The way i took Bubba's question was he wanted to know how to minimize bootloops after sbf and thats one way that I know of to avoid bootlooping. But more than not i forget to do it before sbfing then when i bootloop in the end its one of those slap your forehead moments thinking to myself you idiot you forgot again. Have a good one Tidefan im gonna go see what's new to flash haha...

savagerun
09-06-2011, 11:25 PM

Hey Nemo quick question did you end up trying one of these 3 new versions of GB? I wanted to try version 3 but theres no download link.

savagerun
09-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Nemo disregard my previous post because i just noticed what you were trying to do with your cm7,

Nemo aeternamn
09-06-2011, 11:39 PM
Hey Nemo quick question did you end up trying one of these 3 new versions of GB? I wanted to try version 3 but theres no download link.

from sensi?
Yes I did... I didn't really try it out... Because I was wanting to get factory recovery working... And that didn't help... But I flashed version 1.... Installed great and looked good...
We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

TideFan22
09-07-2011, 12:19 AM
Nemo disregard my previous post because i just noticed what you were trying to do with your cm7,

I wasnt trying to correct you, i was just saying thats why it bootloops

savagerun
09-07-2011, 12:50 AM
I wasnt trying to correct you, i was just saying thats why it bootloops

Believe me tidefan i wasn't implying that at all. Just thought i may not of been clear enough in responding to Bubba's question haha... I should be getting ready to get some sleep but im playing around with version 2 of those 3 new Sensei GB versions that came out today. Just Can't help myself LOL... Sorry for giving you the wrong impression.

pinkbull
09-08-2011, 02:04 AM
mind if i ask question?
took the ver2 blur+rood+nobloatware, and if i want to freeze something from TB to free a little ram any list suggestion? i tried before and somehow my blur apps kep asking me to add an account n i cant open text message LOL

nemosfate
09-08-2011, 02:51 AM
mind if i ask question?
took the ver2 blur+rood+nobloatware, and if i want to freeze something from TB to free a little ram any list suggestion? i tried before and somehow my blur apps kep asking me to add an account n i cant open text message LOL
You could check this out, I know its from july but may help, has some screenshots of safely frozen apps
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/32210-my-favorite-rom-stock-gingerbread-rooted-enhanced-3-apps.html

root, roms and themes oh my!

pinkbull
09-08-2011, 02:57 AM
oh no i was there but instead read the 1st page i asked about bloatware LOL...it seems my solutions is right there..silly me

elizcam
09-10-2011, 03:36 AM
I just flashed the V3 .... glad there are ppl out there supporting my habit.... :wink: its so much more fun now.. wish I would have done it with my first droid..... even with the drama of getting bootlooped... I have to get another droid just to stay here.:nerd:

JoJoLanny
09-26-2011, 11:08 PM
I believe Sensei has finally outdone himself with this new ,602 v3. I am running it with the "blue steel" theme and I sware........ not one single glitch or anything...... AND IT'S PRETTY MUCH TOTALLY CUSTOMIZED!!!! Simply awesome. Great work, Sensei. Great work. Now if I could only get my phone to stop asking me about this doggon .605 update......... LOL. Stickin with this one until sensei comes with the beta for ,605!!!!

JoJoLanny
09-26-2011, 11:11 PM
Oh yeah..... much love to Xudoxus and The Fabolus One as well....

The persuader
09-28-2011, 05:37 PM
Macpro...

I've Noticed the 3 Choices with GB 4.5.602...Which I am currently on...but which is the better choice?

If I were to chose...it would be # 2... B-Cuz of No Bloatware hoping to get the Max out of my Battery Life...Battery Life is Important but not the Priority in chosing the correct version...

What advantages or differences between the 3 Version?

Its Bubba

Mobile_Sensei has been awesome enough to put these together for us! Please visit the OP and show your support! [ROM] 4.5.602 GB (3 Versions) (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?4615-ROM-4.5.602-GB-(3-Versions)&p=94289)

4.5.602 Gingerbread Built From Official Verizon OTA. I SBF'ed back to .340 & took the OTA, Pulled the system with ADB & deodexed w/ XEDOXUS' X-Ultimate, so that we would have the freshest, official OTA.

Version 1 : Stock .602 GB, Deodexed, Full Blur, Rooted.
Version 2 : Stock .602 GB, Deodexed, Full Blur, Rooted,No Bloatware
Version 3 : Sensei Mod .602 GB, Deodexed, Blur / AOSP Hybrid. Custom Theme & Launcher, Rooted

V2 of his Sensei Mod is now up: [ROM] Sensei-Mod 602 GB v3 (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?4900-ROM-Sensei-Mod-602-GB-v2)

To download, please visit the original post over at Rootz: [ROM] 4.5.602 GB (3 Versions) (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?4615-ROM-4.5.602-GB-(3-Versions)&p=94289)

*Must already be on a .602 GB Build to use, this is not an all in one updater.
*Download to SD_Card
*Bootstrap & Reboot Into CWR
*Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik Cache
*Flash ROM
*Reboot

Themes For Above Files Will Be Listed In Theme Section

CREDITS : Xudoxus for his awesome X-Ultimate Scrits, Fabolous : Super Launcher2 found in SSM Version (3)

Please Show Your Support

JSM9872
09-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Macpro...

I've Noticed the 3 Choices with GB 4.5.602...Which I am currently on...but which is the better choice?

If I were to chose...it would be # 2... B-Cuz of No Bloatware hoping to get the Max out of my Battery Life...Battery Life is Important but not the Priority in chosing the correct version...

What advantages or differences between the 3 Version?

Its Bubba

Hello Bubba.

I may not be macpro but from what I remember version 3 has some extra performance tweaks. Its also themed pretty well as we could expect from mobile_sensei. He does some good work.

I got very good battery life while I was running it. But of course it's a little different for everyone depending on how they use their device.

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...