PDA

View Full Version : [ROM] Shuji 2.1 for .602

DebianDog
09-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Shuji ROM 2.1 / DX

2.0 Changelog
*Updated ROM Base To The Latest .602 GB
*Added Newest Market Version 3.1.3 New +1 Button and PIN Protection for Purchases
*Added Newest Superuser Version 3.0 Beta 3
*Switched Launcher from Launcher2 to Modded ADW Launcher
*Moto Connect Music Player
*Added Additional Tweaks & Scripts that run at boot to optimize system & performance.
*Added Polaris Office from Infraware. More Info Here: http://bit.ly/mN64Nj
*Windy Weather Live Wallpaper, Ported From HTC

*2.1 Update : No Major Changes, Minor Bug Fixes & Performance Tweaks

**PLEASE NOTE : Themes from Shuji 1.0 Will not Work On 2.0 or 2.1

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
*You Must Be On a .602 Based ROM with new BP_C_01.09.13P Baseband (Radio) & 2.6.32.9-g34b306d Kernal
*Download Shuji ROM 2.1 File to SD-Card
*Use Droid2 Bootstrap To Bootstrap & Reboot Into CW Recovery
*Wipe Data / Factory Reset
*Wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache
*Flash The ROM File
*Reboot System & Setup
*You Can Restore Apps & Some App Data From Titanium Backup, But DO NOT Restore any System Data! No Matter What ROM you're coming from, you MUST wipe everything to prevent Bootloops Force Closes.
** If you Are Coming From Shuji 2.0, Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache Only (no wipe data).

DOWNLOAD :http://bit.ly/qjZ0H3 (http://www.sensei-mods.com/downloads/Shuji_Rom-2.1)

**CREDITS & THANKS @P3Droid & Team Blackhat (Rooted 602 GB), Fabolous (Source System Apps, a Cool Guy & Valuable Asset To Android In General), @Imoseyon (Imoseyon Tweaks), @Jrummy16 (Newest BusyBox, & Help w/ Sensei Script), @NatemZ (aosp Battery Icon) @JakeBites & The Whole Sturdy Click Syndicate Development Team.

macpro88
09-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Hurry fix your thread title!

macpro88
09-06-2011, 03:41 PM
I gots it, it did say .603 before lol

popcenator
09-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Noticed that, good ROM though. Thanks for posting this up Debian!

DebianDog
09-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Hurry fix your thread title!

603 for the WIN! lol thanks

macpro88
09-06-2011, 04:55 PM
603 for the WIN! lol thanks

Lol no problem

[Insert mobile sig here]

Sefirosu
09-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Well since nothing 602 root is working for me, I'm gonna give this a whirl.

What kind of file is this? It's not a zip file.

Like_A_Boss57
09-07-2011, 12:15 AM
Downloading now. Can't wait to try it out. So far I have only tried one other ROM (Apex RC3) so I am pretty excited to try something else and I have heard good things about Shuji ROMs. I also love how many more themes there is available for this as opposed to Apex.

corki2
09-07-2011, 01:37 AM

I wonder how to flash this file too. I tried zipping it and flashing but it didn't work.

DebianDog
09-07-2011, 07:30 AM

It is .Rename it a zip file

Beamed from my DroidX

corki2
09-07-2011, 08:09 AM
It is .Rename it a zip file

Beamed from my DroidX

Thanks, I figured it out. Just flashed it. Love it. Everything is working fine. I'm playing with themes. Thank you so much!

Like_A_Boss57
09-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Battery life on this is insane. Fully charged my battery over night and calibrated it using the calibration app that came with it and I am getting the best battery life I have ever gotten with the phone. It has been off the charger since 7 this morning (6 and a half hours) and I am sitting at 90%. Light to moderate usage...checked my e-mail, have sent/received a good number of text messages, and checked Facebook a few times. On Apex with the same amount of usage and same general settings I usually hit 80% by noon and sat at 70% by the time I got off work at 3:30.

I am definitely going to be sticking with this for a while.

corki2
09-07-2011, 02:38 PM
I love it also. The only problem I have is when I open Google Maps I get a popup "Login Failed" then it throws me into the account setup screen. I went ahead and added my old gmail account in case somehow maps was tied to it, but that didn't help.

fc127
09-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Does anyone have a fix for the video message issues with Shuji (among others)? Instead of a video I receive a picture and a qcp (sound) file.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

From Shuji on my DX

Like_A_Boss57
09-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Ya I got that issue when I was running Apex. One of my buddies sent me a video this past weekend and it did exactly what you described but I just figured it was due to him sending it from an older flip phone or something haha. I rarely get video messages though

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

qdtphotog
09-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Battery life on this is insane. Fully charged my battery over night and calibrated it using the calibration app that came with it and I am getting the best battery life I have ever gotten with the phone. It has been off the charger since 7 this morning (6 and a half hours) and I am sitting at 90%. Light to moderate usage...checked my e-mail, have sent/received a good number of text messages, and checked Facebook a few times. On Apex with the same amount of usage and same general settings I usually hit 80% by noon and sat at 70% by the time I got off work at 3:30.

I am definitely going to be sticking with this for a while.

Yeah, I noticed that it has excellent battery life too (like Darkslide X). Where is the built-in battery calibration app?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Like_A_Boss57
09-07-2011, 08:11 PM
It may have been with the theme I flashed last night. It's called Skynet...found it on RootzWiki forums. Not sure of it came with the ROM or theme since I got them both last night lol.

qdtphotog
09-07-2011, 08:45 PM
I tried to back up the ROM via the built-in tool box, but it kept hanging at "rebooting to recovery" screen (see screen shot attached). I had to manually used Droid 2 bootstrapper to boot into recovery to initiate the backup. Is this normal?
http://tapatalk.com/mu/446408a5-102d-8a90.jpg

Like_A_Boss57
09-07-2011, 11:39 PM
I tried to back up the ROM via the built-in tool box, but it kept hanging at "rebooting to recovery" screen (see screen shot attached). I had to manually used Droid 2 bootstrapper to boot into recovery to initiate the backup. Is this normal?
http://tapatalk.com/mu/446408a5-102d-8a90.jpg

Just boot into recovery and back up that way. That's what I always do and I haven't had a single issue. Then I use ROM manager to change the name of the backup so I don't mix them up or anything haha

DebianDog
09-08-2011, 09:40 AM
Just boot into recovery and back up that way. That's what I always do and I haven't had a single issue. Then I use ROM manager to change the name of the backup so I don't mix them up or anything haha

Yeah I go with what I know works i have never had success with built in ROM backup functionality with ANY ROM. Recovery is always there and works so i do not even bother trying anymore.

Like_A_Boss57
09-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Yeah I go with what I know works i have never had success with built in ROM backup functionality with ANY ROM. Recovery is always there and works so i do not even bother trying anymore.
Haha yea I have only been flashing ROM's and whatnot for the past 2 weeks and I learned that real quick. The only thing I use ROM manager or any app like that for is just to rename my back ups so I know which is which.

Carpetman
09-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Tried to install but it aborts installation every time.Any help ?

popcenator
09-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Assure that you have a complete download. Check the md5 sums with Astro file manager if the files on your phone.

Like_A_Boss57
09-09-2011, 09:11 PM
So today...my batter life has been border line annoying. But in a good way. I'm on 12 hours of medium use and I'm still sitting at 70%! At first I was worried something was wrong because it sat at 100% a lot longer than it ever has haha.

jaxager
09-13-2011, 04:19 PM

Just in case no one has answered your question yet - it is a zip file... You have to add the .zip to to the end... it really messed with my head, because I WAS POSITIVE I'd added the file to my SD card. I wiped data and dalvic cache and then couldn't find the file when I went to install.

Mercrae
09-13-2011, 09:39 PM
So, a lot of my apps on the market (grouping, Google maps, etc.) Are saying that they are not compatible with my device... Anyone else having issues like that? I use Google maps a lot for my job and its kind of needed. Please help!

shugi trained. sensei approved.

DebianDog
09-14-2011, 10:59 AM
So, a lot of my apps on the market (grouping, Google maps, etc.) Are saying that they are not compatible with my device... Anyone else having issues like that? I use Google maps a lot for my job and its kind of needed. Please help!

shugi trained. sensei approved.

No I use all those apps almost daily

zgruven
09-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Ok I am looking to install my first ever ROM and it will be this one!! I did root using the 602 1 click root and backed everthing up with TI. I have super root user and dl Droid 2 Bootstrap. Just a couple of questions do i need to turn off the DEBUGGING on the phone? Also I am running ADW Ex as my home screen I dont need to go on the native home screen, do I?

nemosfate
09-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Ok I am looking to install my first ever ROM and it will be this one!! I did root using the 602 1 click root and backed everthing up with TI. I have super root user and dl Droid 2 Bootstrap. Just a couple of questions do i need to turn off the DEBUGGING on the phone? Also I am running ADW Ex as my home screen I dont need to go on the native home screen, do I?

No, turn ON debugging
And no adw shouldn't affect anything

root, roms and themes oh my!

DebianDog
09-20-2011, 05:33 PM
Shuji 2.2 is out also

Beamed from my DroidX