PDA

View Full Version : possible to unroot the "pre-rooted" version of gingerbread official release?

neiche
09-05-2011, 11:34 AM
So I had rooted stock fro yo....wanted gingerbread. Followed the steps to get the pre-rooted gingerbead. Worked fine. Now i have rooted gingerbread and my phone is having issues which I need to go into verizon to get a warranty replacement...which means I can't have a rooted phone! I need to somehow unroot it/ factory reset it or something. What's the easiest way to do this?

Does going into Z4root and pressing unroot do it or is there more to it? Or starting the phone in that mode and factory resetting it? Let me know!

thanks

Killjoy
09-05-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm no guru here but even if you unrooted, didn't you start with Froyo? I was under the impression that sbf'ing was the only way to get something back the the original state after rooting, freezing, and modding the smartphones.

Good luck!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Nemo aeternamn
09-05-2011, 11:53 AM
kill joy is correct... what you'll want to do is to sbf your phone... there is now an sbf out there for all the builds verizon has put out... if you want it on the newest version to give it back... here's the link to get ya there...
Official 4.5.602 sbf for Droid X (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/9127-official-4-5-602-sbf-droid-x.html)

Phildo
09-05-2011, 12:27 PM
kill joy is correct... what you'll want to do is to sbf your phone... there is now an sbf out there for all the builds verizon has put out... if you want it on the newest version to give it back... here's the link to get ya there...
Official 4.5.602 sbf for Droid X (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/9127-official-4-5-602-sbf-droid-x.html)

Thanks for the link, I've been out of the loop for a bit, is there a way to get root once I use that sbf?

Sent from the heavens thru a complex combination of Rubix and Droid X

Nemo aeternamn
09-05-2011, 12:58 PM
yes there is phil... just search real quick for d3 one click root....
even though it says it's for the droid three... it's the only way we have to root the factory 602 and 596 builds...