PDA

View Full Version : Can I Use A Verizon OTA SBF?

OmegaBlaze
09-05-2011, 06:40 AM
Im on Alltel and have the Milestone X.

I've recently installed Liquid 2.6 on it with no prob, but now i'm interested in flashing to GB with a GB Kernel??

Should i be able to do this??

DRaulie2003
09-05-2011, 07:36 AM
In order to take an OTA your phone would have to be completely stock. Since you're not you would need to SBF back to the stock froyo and from there take the gingerbread OTA. There are several ways to SBF but I reccommend using 1KDS's Linux SBF method. Now keep this in mind after you take the gingerbread OTA there currently isn't a root method for it, what I would do is SBF back to froyo and take the two part rooted gingerbread update if you want to keep root. All the files I've referred to can be found in this forum but unfortunately I'm on my X and can't link you to any of them right now but I'm sure you'll be able to find them. Remember if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

~Liberty GB v0.9 Undervolted~

DRaulie2003
09-05-2011, 07:52 AM
I was playing around on my phone after posting and figured out a way to post links from it so here.

1KDS Linux SBF method:

http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23638
Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems

macpro88
09-05-2011, 07:55 AM
He has a Milestone. Not a Droid X. Same hardware, but different system versions. I do not think you can use Droid X software on a Milestone. Please don't do anything yet until you are sure what to do, I don't want you to brick.

[Insert mobile sig here]

chuck54
09-05-2011, 08:05 AM
I thought there was the one click root method that just came out. And gingerbreak doesn't work?

You thought you were once a bad noob? You haven't thought about me..... (haha)

DRaulie2003
09-05-2011, 08:09 AM
Whoops sorry guess i missed the milestone part but you would probably still have to be completely stock to take the OTA update so you would need to find a SBF file for the milestone x so you could get back to stock and from there take the OTA update.

Dvan
09-05-2011, 08:10 AM
There is a root for ota now just search the forums. The new root method works on all moto gb builds ....even the upcoming bionic has already been rooted

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

macpro88
09-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Moving to Milestone section.