PDA

View Full Version : shuji 2.1

cw0974
09-05-2011, 04:16 AM
so, shuji 2.1 is out and i just have a question.
it says that if we are on shuji 2.0, we just have to wipe cache and dalvik.
so i'm on 2.0, so i just wipe cache and dalvik and flash 2.1 on top of it right?

fc127
09-05-2011, 06:29 AM
That's all you need to do... Also note, the themes for 2.0 will not work on 2.1.

From CM7 on my DX

crewchief41
09-05-2011, 08:31 AM
That's all you need to do... Also note, the themes for 2.0 will not work on 2.1.

From CM7 on my DX

Are you sure? Maybe you mean 1.0 themes won't work on 2.0/2.1?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

fc127
09-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Are you sure? Maybe you mean 1.0 themes won't work on 2.0/2.1?

Yeah, my bad... I was only half awake when I typed that! Sorry for the confusion.

From CM7 on my DX

Nemo aeternamn
09-05-2011, 01:24 PM
and for other people that look here... here is the link to get shuji 2.1

[ROM] Shuji ROM 2.1 - DX (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?3599-ROM-Shuji-ROM-2.1-DX)

cw0974
09-06-2011, 04:37 AM
i'm getting gmail and titanium backup force closes. anyone know what's going on?

Gomerm
09-06-2011, 06:38 AM
i'm getting gmail and titanium backup force closes. anyone know what's going on?

I was to on gmail. A data wipe on gmail fixed it for me.

qdtphotog
09-06-2011, 08:20 AM
My phone was on GB 602 and 13p baseband. Then I flashed Darkslide X which brought it down to 596, but the baseband remains 13p. It also has the same kernel version that Shuji 2.1 rom requires. My question is can I flash it over Darkslide X or do I need to sbf? Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

maximaniac
09-06-2011, 12:20 PM
My phone was on GB 602 and 13p baseband. Then I flashed Darkslide X which brought it down to 596, but the baseband remains 13p. It also has the same kernel version that Shuji 2.1 rom requires. My question is can I flash it over Darkslide X or do I need to sbf? Thanks for any advice.

I'm in the exact same situation and would like to know the answer. Bump.

savagerun
09-06-2011, 12:45 PM
I would say yes you can. Just make a backup of Darkslidex then use D2 bootstrap go in recovery and wipe data/cache/davlik then flash away.

Nemo aeternamn
09-06-2011, 12:48 PM
if i'm thinking correctly... you can flash a lower version of gb... ie... 602 to darkslidex.... but i don't think you can upgrade that simple... ie... darkslidex to shuji 2.1... won't work... i believe...

savagerun
09-06-2011, 12:58 PM
if i'm thinking correctly... you can flash a lower version of gb... ie... 602 to darkslidex.... but i don't think you can upgrade that simple... ie... darkslidex to shuji 2.1... won't work... i believe...

Haha... Doesn't sound like either of us are 100% positive but i could of sworn i did it way before. If i was on darkslideX now i would give it a shot just for the hell of it but im not.

Nemo aeternamn
09-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Haha... Doesn't sound like either of us are 100% positive but i could of sworn i did it way before. If i was on darkslideX now i would give it a shot just for the hell of it but im not.

haha... if ya decide to savage.... i expect a reply... letting me know how it went...haha... : D

nemosfate
09-06-2011, 01:08 PM
If you made a nandroid of 602 you can flash it from 596 , or dsx, just did it yesterday, you can go back and forth afaik but I'm not sure from shuji or apex as I haven't tried

root, roms and themes oh my!

savagerun
09-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Well I'll tell you guys what if we dont get 100% confirmation on this i will try it tonight. I would do it now but im leaving for work in 10min so I'll be home about 11. Im on prerooted 602 now so it won't be a big deal for me to try it. LOL... we'll find out either way!

WillMiii
09-06-2011, 01:24 PM
My question is I have just set my phone up how I like on shuji 2.0. If I just cache and davlik wipe will it still remain with my current set up or down I have to start again from scratch?

Nemo aeternamn
09-06-2011, 01:27 PM
if you only wipe the cache and dalvik... you're good to flash 2.1... and you'll keep your current setup... on the updated build

cw0974
09-06-2011, 02:27 PM
I was to on gmail. A data wipe on gmail fixed it for me.

thanks, this helped me out too. i had to reinstall tb for it to stop force closing. everything is good.

qdtphotog
09-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Well I'll tell you guys what if we dont get 100% confirmation on this i will try it tonight. I would do it now but im leaving for work in 10min so I'll be home about 11. Im on prerooted 602 now so it won't be a big deal for me to try it. LOL... we'll find out either way!

Do it. I just did and it worked. It actually get back the 602.

savagerun
09-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Do it. I just did and it worked. It actually get back the 602.

Haha... Your the man. I could of sworn i've done it before but i wasn't gonna bet money on it because my memory sucks. Since i thought it was possible i was gonna try it and take one for the team if i was wrong. Well now we have confirmation. Thx for checking it out!!

qdtphotog
09-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Haha... Your the man. I could of sworn i've done it before but i wasn't gonna bet money on it because my memory sucks. Since i thought it was possible i was gonna try it and take one for the team if i was wrong. Well now we have confirmation. Thx for checking it out!!

No problem. I didn't want to wait so I took the plunge and mentally prepared for a sbf. I'm glad it worked.

savagerun
09-06-2011, 09:46 PM
No problem. I didn't want to wait so I took the plunge and mentally prepared for a sbf. I'm glad it worked.

Yes i had it all planned out myself if things went wrong i would just sbf to froyo then jump on ssx 2.1 for while because i told Bubba this morning that i would check it out so i figured it would be fine if things worked out or not. Im still gonna have to sbf sometime this week to try ssx it just won't be tonight. Have a good one...

savagerun
09-07-2011, 12:00 AM
haha... if ya decide to savage.... i expect a reply... letting me know how it went...haha... : D

Hey Nemo you asked for a reply and it has been confirmed that you can go from DSX to 602 SHUJI. I was gonna give it a shot tonight but qdtphotog got impatient and stepped up to the plate and went for it with success. So the mystery is laid to rest. Have a good one...

Nemo aeternamn
09-07-2011, 12:12 AM
Hey Nemo you asked for a reply and it has been confirmed that you can go from DSX to 602 SHUJI. I was gonna give it a shot tonight but qdtphotog got impatient and stepped up to the plate and went for it with success. So the mystery is laid to rest. Have a good one...

Hmm... Interesting... Thanks for the update savage

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

WillMiii
09-13-2011, 05:52 PM
I recently updated from shuji 2.0 to 2.1 and just noticed that whenever I get a missed call. The status bar indicator keeps a log of how many missed calls I have. I tried to open the missed calls from the status bar but it force closes. Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm up to 8 missed calls and I have tried a battery pull to no avail.