PDA

View Full Version : Help with apex 2.0

mp1110
09-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Hey everyone, I should preface this by saying this is the first time I have tried to install a ROM. . .I tried to install Apex 2.0 ROM using the Apex AIO file since I was using the .340 Froyo. I think I messed up by wiping the Dalvik cache when I shouldn't have, I don't know. Either way, my phone was stuck on the Google logo and I could not get into CW at all. I tried everything that was suggested on other posts. My question is whether I will be able to restore my phone to the way it was using (with my paid apps,etc)the backup. Or will I have to reroot it and start the process over? Thanks!

Nemo aeternamn
09-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Wiping the dalvik cache shouldn't mess up anything...
If you made a back up with clock work... You should be able to just reroot and put bootstrap back on and restore it that way back to how it was...
Did you try going to rc2 out rc3?

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

The persuader
09-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Hello thar my Good Friend...

Just got done Flashing from Miui to Apex 2.0.0 RC3...this is exactly what I did to the "T"...

> ROM Manager to Recovery
> Format System
> Format Data
> Format Cache
> Back out to Advance...to Dalvik...Wipe Cache
> Important Piece...Mount System...
> Then D-load Apex AIO...
> Back out and Reboot...

Please note...Googles Logo will hang for a bit...be Patience...let it do its thing...Your Reconfig your System so it may take serveral minutes...

You should be Golden...

Its Bubba
Wiping the dalvik cache shouldn't mess up anything...
If you made a back up with clock work... You should be able to just reroot and put bootstrap back on and restore it that way back to how it was...
Did you try going to rc2 out rc3?

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

mp1110
09-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the help, I finally got it working. Apparently, I had forgotten to deodex! Time to find a good theme :)