PDA

View Full Version : Cannot install cyanogenmod with rom manager

bgranger
09-04-2011, 01:05 AM
I have just rooted stock gingerbread for the droid x useing the method found here How to: Root the DROID2, DROIDX2, DROIDX, and DROID3 Running Gingerbread - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog (http://www.droid-life.com/2011/09/01/how-to-root-the-droid2-droidx2-droidx-and-droid3-running-gingerbread/). and then installed the droid x bootstrapper and rom manager, before even opening rom manager i bootstrapped recovery through the bootstraping app and then opened rom manager and set my phone to the droid x 2nd-int. I then went to download roms and chose the cyanogenmod nightly # 78 and checked with google apps. I then checked to create a backup and wipe data and dalvisk cache (or something like that). and once the download was complete the phone restarted and proceded to wipe my phone. but aparently it did not install the new mod because when the phone booted up again it brought up the android activation screens and then went to a stock droid gingerbread screen with the only non normal app being the superuser left over from root. I have tried this several times useing slightly different approaches all coming out with the same result. any help would be appreciated.

JSM9872
09-04-2011, 01:10 AM
You wont be able to install official CM7 nightlies, which #78 is, on rooted gingerbread. They require you to be on .340-froyo to install. It is probably performing the backup and then just booting you back into the ROM after the wipe because the install is erroring out.

Nemo aeternamn
09-04-2011, 01:13 AM
wait a minute... i just noticed... it's a good thing it's not taking... nightly 78... is based off the froyo kernel... so if you install that... you would have to flash your phone back to factory... if you want the ginger kernel... head over to rootzwiki and pick cm7gb from revnumbers... and install it manually...

if you want the official nightly... you'll need to sbf back to froyo then install it

Nemo aeternamn
09-04-2011, 01:14 AM
haha... i already had the page up... so here's ya the link to get it for the ginger kernel

[DEV_THREAD]DroidX CM7 with Gingerbread Kernel (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?3335-DEV_THREAD-DroidX-CM7-with-Gingerbread-Kernel/)

JSM9872
09-04-2011, 01:21 AM
If you grab the unofficial one like nemo has linked you too you should be able to perform the operation you outlined in your post successfully.

But if it does not work you may need to use bootstrap to get into recovery and install both the CM7 nightly and the CM Gapps. Make sure you get the Gapps package as well otherwise you will not have some google apps such as the market.

bgranger
09-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Ok now I have it installed but I need to now figure out how to install gapps rom manager lost its premium upgrade key and I don't have the market to download it with.

bgranger
09-04-2011, 05:39 PM
also are there any roms on rom manager that can be installed over the rooted gingerbread. or would you have to sbf back to install all of them? and also should i be useing the droid x 2nd-int or just the normal droid x setting on rom manager?

Nemo aeternamn
09-04-2011, 05:45 PM
Ok now I have it installed but I need to now figure out how to install gapps rom manager lost its premium upgrade key and I don't have the market to download it with.

As far as gapps go... You can install through rom manager with our a premium license.... Just go into rom manager/download rom... And go to google apps... And just install the newest version... I believe it's 8/28

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Nemo aeternamn
09-04-2011, 05:47 PM
also are there any roms on rom manager that can be installed over the rooted gingerbread. or would you have to sbf back to install all of them? and also should i be useing the droid x 2nd-int or just the normal droid x setting on rom manager?

You can just install them over the to with
D2 recovery... And the other ones I can think of.. Not sure which one is located in there... And there us apex rc3, and shuji...

bgranger
09-04-2011, 09:16 PM
I tried doing that plenty of times but as soon as I click download roms it comes up with a promt saying I need premium then force closes

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Nemo aeternamn
09-04-2011, 09:19 PM
I tried doing that plenty of times but as soon as I click download roms it comes up with a promt saying I need premium then force closes

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Really? Try clearing cache then try again....
Our give me a minute and I'll find you a link to download outside if rom manager

Nemo aeternamn
09-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Here it is...
http://goo-inside.me/gapps/

Nemo aeternamn
09-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Looked around... And here is the link for the latest gapps for the 2.3.5 builds
http://goo-inside.me/gapps/latest/7/universal