PDA

View Full Version : Been on 2nd int, Not following GB roms, need some help!

silver04v
09-03-2011, 04:22 PM
I want to put a stable gb rom on my fiances dx. Its on rooted 596 right now. Im not afraid to sbf it if need be then maybe take 602 ota? Then one click root 602 with d3 one click rooter?
Then use d2 bootstrap to install what?
From everyone running on gb roms, what is stable and good on battery? Mainly, stability is a huge factor because she cant troubleshoot it on the fly, like I can with the 2nd int roms from time to time. So a little help from people running GB roms please! Thanks. Also, My way to get to rooted 602 sound ok?

macpro88
09-03-2011, 04:25 PM
So far there are Apex and Shuji for .602. I personally enjoy stock rooted .602. All three have great battery life and the new Blur is not so bad once you freeze the bloat.

Its a lot easier to just try them out, and see what you like better. Also, there are a lot of themes for Shuji as well.

silver04v
09-03-2011, 04:33 PM
I seen shuji and apex, But I just wanted to make sure, before I pick one for her, if there was any obvious things I should know with either of them having stability issues?

Is shuji blurless? She like her camera, and camcorder, so thats gotta stay.

macpro88
09-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Well both Apex and Shuji are AOSP, so stock rooted .602 will be your best bet. And stock .602 will be the most stable, but both Apex and Shuji are stable as well.

silver04v
09-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Well, shes on .596 rooted now, but its just slow time to time. She does want speed and flashiness of a rom, but does want camera to work. Does apex have the ability to flash blur camera back to it like old apexs?

macpro88
09-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Well, shes on .596 rooted now, but its just slow time to time. She does want speed and flashiness of a rom, but does want camera to work. Does apex have the ability to flash blur camera back to it like old apexs?

Hmm, I'm pretty sure you can. .602 is a lot better than .596 IMHO. And once bloat is frozen, its actually really nice. Check out the Apex sections and see if someone else has used Blur Camera on Apex.

savagerun
09-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Silver i would just have her try rooted. 602 for a while. If she's anything like my wife she probably wants a phone that works without issues and could care less about customizing or overclocking etc. If you put her on a custom rom and things are not working for her she's gonna give you hell. I think she'll be happy with 602 because it actually does run great. Not everyone is like us and love to mess with our phones. LOL...

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

silver04v
09-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Silver i would just have her try rooted. 602 for a while. If she's anything like my wife she probably wants a phone that works without issues and could care less about customizing or overclocking etc. If you put her on a custom rom and things are not working for her she's gonna give you hell. I think she'll be happy with 602 because it actually does run great. Not everyone is like us and love to mess with our phones. LOL...

That's somewhat the case, but she looks at mine sometimes when I rub a new rom or theme in her face and goes, oooooohhhhh I like that, haha

Dripping awesome out of my Liquid 2.6 Droid X.

mapatton82
09-12-2011, 06:47 AM
That's somewhat the case, but she looks at mine sometimes when I rub a new rom or theme in her face and goes, oooooohhhhh I like that, haha

I know what you mean, My fiance just got a LG Revolution and I would love to root it and load a custom ROM but I know she can fix all the issues that would come up!!

IMO Apex 2.0 RC3 is a very stable ROM and has great battery life. Also you can flash some blur apps back in, like the Camera/Camcorder. I was running it for a while but became bored because it was almost too stable, if that makes any sense!! :) But then again I tend to switch ROMs like themes!!

silver04v
09-12-2011, 07:29 AM
I know what you mean, My fiance just got a LG Revolution and I would love to root it and load a custom ROM but I know she can fix all the issues that would come up!!

IMO Apex 2.0 RC3 is a very stable ROM and has great battery life. Also you can flash some blur apps back in, like the Camera/Camcorder. I was running it for a while but became bored because it was almost too stable, if that makes any sense!! :) But then again I tend to switch ROMs like themes!!

Yup always messing with a good thing. Can never leave well enough alone. Being able to switch themes keeps me on liquid and not getting bored.

Newber
09-12-2011, 07:35 AM
I prefer APEX. Could just be my own experiences but SHUJI seems more buggy less functional But It's still pretty freeking AWESOME.

But if you really wanted to wow her up... Go Ssx 2.1

jloya
09-12-2011, 08:15 AM
if you want a GB ROM where is everything just works right out of the box then I would go with Darkslide X, theres no nightlies, no weeklies, no patch.zips to apply, the entire ROM is just money. Battery life is amazing, I can go 2days without a charge with good usage. I tried CM7, Liberty, Apex, MIUI and darkslide X....my phones been on darkslide for about a month and I dont have any reason to want to change. If she wants her phone to have a little more flash just add a Wulf River theme to darkslide and your good.

I know I might be a little heavy on pushing this ROM but after spending countless hours flashing and tweaking trying to find a reliable, fully functional ROM, darkslide has won.

mapatton82
09-12-2011, 08:26 AM
if you want a GB ROM where is everything just works right out of the box then I would go with Darkslide X, theres no nightlies, no weeklies, no patch.zips to apply, the entire ROM is just money. Battery life is amazing, I can go 2days without a charge with good usage. I tried CM7, Liberty, Apex, MIUI and darkslide X....my phones been on darkslide for about a month and I dont have any reason to want to change. If she wants her phone to have a little more flash just add a Wulf River theme to darkslide and your good.

I know I might be a little heavy on pushing this ROM but after spending countless hours flashing and tweaking trying to find a reliable, fully functional ROM, darkslide has won.

I agree both DSX and Apex have great battery life but for me DSX has too much blur for my taste. Before I started loading ROMs I was fine with Blur but once trying AOSP ROMs I just can't seem to go back!! But it is all up to personal preference!! :)

savagerun
09-12-2011, 08:31 AM
I don't think you'll get an argument from anyone on that jloya.
Edit..... Except maybe mapatton haha...

gbrinn
09-12-2011, 08:43 AM
I miss some Blur. The contacts shortcuts were the best. I've got an app that comes close but isn't quite as good.

Sent from my Droid X on CM7-GB

jloya
09-12-2011, 09:51 AM
I agree both DSX and Apex have great battery life but for me DSX has too much blur for my taste. Before I started loading ROMs I was fine with Blur but once trying AOSP ROMs I just can't seem to go back!! But it is all up to personal preference!! :)

I can definitely see where your coming from, ive actually grown to like the blur to a certain extent, the biggest thing for me was the HDMI out, netflix is amazing but having nfl redzone streamed on my 42 inch TV all day is THEE BEST (when one doesnt have cable), especially since they streamed the whole sunday night game as well :) HDMI functionality FTW

gbrinn
09-12-2011, 03:17 PM
I may go back to Blur for that reason, until my house sells. We cut off cable, so the phone is the only source of Internet when I go back on weekends.

Sent from my Droid X on CM7-GB