PDA

View Full Version : Can't get to stock recovery - .602 Apex RC3

geno
09-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Hi all,

I successfully loaded Apex RC3 and it's awesome! Things worked fine for a few days, but on Thursday night (9/1), my phone stopped recognizing all hard buttons except the Volume down and Home buttons. I used D2 bootstrap to get to Clockwork Recovery, but I couldn't restore because it wouldn't recognize the camera button. I did a battery pull and got stuck on the Google logo. Ironically, I was able to get into the bootloader, so I tried to SBF back to stock froyo and all I got was a white M logo. I couldn't get into stock recovery. I SBFd again, same. I gave up, activated my OG Droid as a temp replacement, and went to bed.

Yesterday (9/2), I left my Droid X at home (battery out) while I was at work. I came back home after work and tried to get into stock recovery again. I got in. I got to the point where I was able to run Apex RC3 again and was happy. I did not restore any data. All buttons were recognized. I reactivated it and things were fine all night.

This morning, I woke up to the same problem. No buttons worked with the exception of the Home and Volume down buttons. The battery was fully charged. It stuck at the Google logo after battery pull. I tried SBFing again but continued to get stuck at the white M logo. No Droid eye. I can't get into stock recovery again. Since I was able to SBF to Froyo successfully at least (even though it won't boot up), I called Verizon and they're sending me a replacement.

Originally, I was on Apex Test2 and then flashed RC3 after a cache wipe. After the 2nd SBF I went straight to RC3-- I never restored any backup. I just think it's odd that RC3 worked fine for a few days. I really want to re-root and use this ROM when my replacement comes in.. I've used Apex almost the entire time I've had my DX.

Has anyone else heard of an issue like this? Is this a hardware issue rather than a ROM issue?

Thanks in advance!

Nemo aeternamn
09-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Don't have time to read the whole post... But I can't get into factory recovery either... And I'm running cm7 gb... So I don't think it's the rom... I've also tried from a fresh install of 602... No luck yet

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

geno
09-03-2011, 08:16 PM
ah that sucks. at least i was able to SBF

Brad92
09-03-2011, 08:22 PM
I couldn't get into stock recovery on Apex RC3 Test 2 and nothing would install, so I couldn't get into Clockwork Recovery. Every time I tried to install something, it did a hot reboot. I ended up having to sbf.

random rom'd X

geno
09-04-2011, 04:11 PM
I couldn't get into stock recovery on Apex RC3 Test 2 and nothing would install, so I couldn't get into Clockwork Recovery. Every time I tried to install something, it did a hot reboot. I ended up having to sbf.

random rom'd X

so are you on a rom right now? or stock?

Snipples007
09-04-2011, 04:48 PM
There was a fix for this posted on Twitter. Download ROM Manager and flash the Droid-X (2nd-init) recovery.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

aramiscrimson
09-04-2011, 04:56 PM
That didn't work for me.i had to sbf back.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Brad92
09-04-2011, 06:04 PM
so are you on a rom right now? or stock?

I had restored my CM7GB backup and now I'm on Liberty for the HDMI. I change ROMs alot

random rom'd X

geno
09-05-2011, 12:37 AM
That didn't work for me.i had to sbf back.

ah that sucks. what rom did you wind up going with your DX after the sbf?

geno
09-05-2011, 12:37 AM
I had restored my CM7GB backup and now I'm on Liberty for the HDMI. I change ROMs alot

random rom'd X

ah ok. thanks for the input

geno
09-05-2011, 12:40 AM
There was a fix for this posted on Twitter. Download ROM Manager and flash the Droid-X (2nd-init) recovery.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

thanks.. i'll do that when replacement phone comes in. at this point i can't get to stock recovery after SBF to factory reset the phone. :/

aramiscrimson
09-05-2011, 01:58 AM
I went back to a nandroid of ssx I have from a test for chevy. Going to try it again later today.