PDA

View Full Version : Phone is busted after a sbf flash

superfly5203
09-02-2011, 04:03 PM
I guess I should give all the details, sort of long story.

I started on completely factory OTA 602, never rooted or anything. I decided to do the one click super user exploit and it worked just fine. I decided to flash a rom for the first time and went with apex, but downloaded the wrong one, 1.4, but i didn't know that at the time. I went into bootstrap and made a back up, and also did a back up of my apps with titanium back up. At this point I thought I was ready to flash the rom, so I went back into the bootstrap and flashed the rom. It looked like everything went fine, but the phone was stuck at the red M logo for an hour and i read it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes. So I read I should sbf back to stock 596 so i did that and that worked great, and I then updated OTA to 602 because I was trying to get the one click root again but that never happened. Sooooooooooo I was told I could still get root back if i sbf back to 2.2 and then I could get the rooted 2 step gingerbread and could install the correct apex rom. When I did the sbf to 2.2 everything went down hill. I started up the phone and it kept giving me all the weird force close errors about gmail and media something or other. The background was completely black and only the 3 soft buttons where there. also there was a blue triangle up by the signal bars, but I fixed that so now it says 3G. But now there are no soft buttons and I can't do anything. I tried flashing back to the 596 and it was the same type of deal.

Ideas?

thanks for your help.

HarleyDude
09-02-2011, 04:52 PM
After the SBF, did you boot into recovery and do a wipe data/factory reset?
Try that, should fix you up. If not, SBF again

Factory reset
Pull the battery and put it back.
Hold the home button while powering on. Continue to hold the home button for 5 sec after it starts to power up. You will get to a screen with a triangle.
Press the search button (if that doesn't do it, then press both volume buttons at the same time) This will give you stock recovery
Use the volume keys to scroll to data wipe/factory reset
Use either the camera button or the power button to execute it, then reboot

MICHO
09-02-2011, 05:14 PM
This one..

superfly5203
09-02-2011, 05:36 PM
ok this seems to be working. I got in and it wants me to enter all the start up stuff like google account. I guess i am safe to root again?

MICHO
09-02-2011, 05:39 PM
ok this seems to be working. I got in and it wants me to enter all the start up stuff like google account. I guess i am safe to root again?

Get tour supafly root on!

superfly5203
09-02-2011, 05:51 PM
thanks so much for your help! just got done with z4root and i have superuser access again.

HarleyDude
09-02-2011, 05:58 PM
thanks so much for your help! just got done with z4root and i have superuser access again.

Great to hear, we like success stories here!

superfly5203
09-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Thanks! I really appreciate the quick help! I was about to get a replacement.... Apex just now booted up.......... sweet