PDA

View Full Version : What now?

tntlassiter
09-02-2011, 08:14 AM
I am running 2.2.2. I have done the Gingerbreak thing and I have done the Bootstrap thing and they have both worked ( I know this because I have the Superuser icon and have gone into recovery for various things.) I downloaded the 2.3.3 pre-rooted and went into recovery to flash it and I keep getting "installation aborted" and some kind of error message with the number 7? This sound familiar to anyone and does anyone know what I need to do to get the pre-rooted GB on my phone? Thanks for any input!

fezrock
09-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Using d2 bootstrap, or dx with USB debugging off? Checked md5s?

We've seen that a few times, but I can't recall the exact reason.

juhde
09-02-2011, 01:06 PM
The regular pre root update requires an UN modified system (all bloat intact) either restore bloat or use TBH AIO installer which doesn't require bloat.

Sent from my Android device

tntlassiter
09-02-2011, 01:42 PM
The regular pre root update requires an UN modified system (all bloat intact) either restore bloat or use TBH AIO installer which doesn't require bloat.

Sent from my Android device

I haven't touched bloat. All I have done is root and bootstrap...

tntlassiter
09-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Using d2 bootstrap, or dx with USB debugging off? Checked md5s?

We've seen that a few times, but I can't recall the exact reason.

I am using the DX2 bootstrap. What is md5s?

fezrock
09-02-2011, 02:04 PM
I am using the DX2 bootstrap. What is md5s?

I keep forgetting to look to see if it is an x2 thread.

I can't explain what an md5 checksum is, but it is a string of letters and numbers that you can match yours against. To get yours you can use something like http://www.winmd5.com/. Select your downloaded zip and generate an md5 checksum. Then compare it to the one published with the zip at the download site. MyDroidWorld should have one readily available.

popcenator
09-02-2011, 02:07 PM
It's a way to verify that your download was complete. If the numbers you have match the numbers in the OP of wherever you downloaded from, it's a good download. Any variation in the numbers/letters then it's a bad download. If you download to your phone, use Astro file manager, you can use it to view the md5 sum. If on a computer, refer to Fez's post.

fernbch
09-02-2011, 10:30 PM
What they said^^^^^^^^^^

MD5 checksum is basically a code that verifies that the file downloaded correctly and is intact. Always verify your downloads. A bad download can cause all kinds of problems. Ask me how I know............

My Droid Thrives on the DarkSlide!!!

Nemo aeternamn
09-02-2011, 10:49 PM
how do you know that fern?