PDA

View Full Version : Which bootstrap?

doug494
09-01-2011, 12:34 PM
I just updated to stock rooted GB using the resources on the site. The install went OK, but I had to go back and factory reset /DAVLIK wipe /data wipe again because somehting started messing up when I tried to do a nandroid backup.

Since this is seems to still be an evolving process regarding apps and many instructions are from months ago;

I need to install bootstrap again. Do I still need to use Droid2 or can I keep using DroidX? I did the update using DroidX and it went OK.

Also I downloaded ROM Manager and when I install clockwork it asks for what version. Do I use DroidX or DroidX (2 init)? I know I had a two part install to get GB, but I am not sure if that means it is actually a 2 init rom.

Scram
09-01-2011, 12:41 PM
2nd init roms are gingerbread utilizing the froyo kernel. Neither droid x or d2 bootstrapper should be used unless you like to sbf. The two part rooted gingerbread you flashed is not a 2nd init Rom and you ought to use d2 bootstrapper...

MiUi

doug494
09-01-2011, 02:29 PM
"Neither droid x or d2 bootstrapper should be used unless you like to sbf."

"you ought to use d2 bootstrapper"

????

Which is it?

deathtrap
09-01-2011, 02:35 PM
"Neither droid x or d2 bootstrapper should be used unless you like to sbf."

"you ought to use d2 bootstrapper"

????

Which is it?

You are not using a 2nd init gingerbread rom. Therefore you should use the d2 bootstrapper.

If you were using CM7, MIUI, SSX, etc (2nd init roms), you do not use either bootstrapper because it comes built in.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

doug494
09-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the clarification