PDA

View Full Version : Tethering on OMGB

Xibalba
09-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Greetings!

So...does tethering work on OMGB? I just flashed it (came from .602) and tried tethering via wifi tether. It was a no go. Is there a workaround for this? So far I love the ROM, but would like to tether occasionally if possible.

Thanks
Mike

Snow02
09-01-2011, 09:16 AM
You were already told it works. Try explaining what happens when you attempt to tether.

Xibalba
09-01-2011, 09:42 AM
You were already told it works. Try explaining what happens when you attempt to tether.

Sorry Snow. Not trying to be a pest :sorry:

When I boot up the wifi tether app, nothing happens. I tried to tether my ipad to my phone this morning. I press the icon to start tethering, and the hotspot does not show up in the list of available hotspots on the ipad. The phone states it is tethering, but no kbs of data are listed as going in or out.

I did notice that after flashing omgb I no longer have the verizon 3g hotspot app. I wonder if this has anything to do with it? I could restore it via Titanium Backup, but I am wary of restoring a system app when running a custom rom.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a ton!
Mike

Snow02
09-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Sorry Snow. Not trying to be a pest :sorry:

When I boot up the wifi tether app, nothing happens. I tried to tether my ipad to my phone this morning. I press the icon to start tethering, and the hotspot does not show up in the list of available hotspots on the ipad. The phone states it is tethering, but no kbs of data are listed as going in or out.

I did notice that after flashing omgb I no longer have the verizon 3g hotspot app. I wonder if this has anything to do with it? I could restore it via Titanium Backup, but I am wary of restoring a system app when running a custom rom.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a ton!
Mike

Make sure you've granted root privileges.

Xibalba
09-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Make sure you've granted root privileges.

I had. However, after some experimentation, I found that the "wireless tether" app (with the green icon) works flawlessly, unlike the"wifi tether" app (with the yellow icon) that I had between using. Cool!

Mike

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Jim4Prez
12-21-2011, 09:38 AM
What version did you get working Xibalba? I have an HTC Incredible and when I run OMGB-inc-1.1.2 I cannot get tethering to work. The green icon versions are 2.x and the yellow are 3.x. I believe I have tried all the 2.x and 3.x versions with no luck. The weird thing is if I run Bugless Beast GPA 19, tethering works perfectly. I like OMGB because it is lighter weight. However Bugless Beast is decent and I may just run that if I can't tether OMGB on my Dinc. I need to tether so my kids can use their 3 Kindle Fire's while in the car.

nodixe
12-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Ver.2.7 was my goto till DX gb, now I'm using 3.7 or .8...set device profile to DX and setup to hostap and access control to off. It works great on the 2nd init roms. For any blur roms try WUGs trther patch

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums