PDA

View Full Version : Help locating SBF

w4ymt
08-31-2011, 06:41 PM
I still have had no luck locating the SBF for my carrier (Appalachian Wireless). Anyone know of any sources I may try?

1KDS
08-31-2011, 06:43 PM
I have a generic North America sbf file on my site (http://sites.google.com/site/1kdsdroidx/home/milestone-x-sbf-files). I haven't seen any specific to Appalachian Wireless though. If you find it let me know and I will host it.

w4ymt
08-31-2011, 06:59 PM
Something interesting I noticed. The Cellular South SBF on your site is named Miler_..etc and I noticed on my wifes phone (which is also thru Appalachian Wireless) that particular name is showing on her "about phone" stats. Maybe Cellular South and Appalachian Wireless are using the same one?

1KDS
08-31-2011, 07:02 PM
I think that is the model name, short for milestone, I know the r doesn't make sense but the other file name formats have the model in that space. I searched around a bit also and wasn't able to come up with a file or even much discussion about it. One person on XDA said he used the generic file on App. wireless and it worked fine. I'll see if I can find that post again.

1KDS
08-31-2011, 07:06 PM
When I read it the first time and he said he lost data I though he meant he lost his user data which, of course, is normal when flashing an SBF, rereading it I think he meant he lost his data connection which isn't a good thing.

Well, I bootlooped my phone and gave this a try. It sort of worked on my phone with Appalachian Wireless. The baseband seems to match, but I've lost data. Wish I could find a .sfb for my carrier.

w4ymt
09-03-2011, 11:08 AM
After doing some further research, I've come to the conclusion that there is NO SBF file out there on any of the forums for Appalachian Wireless. One guy told me that he had talked with a tech at AW who told him that Motorola doesnt give them ANY software. All their phones come pre-loaded and any problems they get from customers has to go back to motorola for warranty work. That pretty much sucks, but I guess thats one of the fringe benefits of living in a hick town. I did notice that all the spec for Cellular South's Milestone X seem to match up except for the PRL. I was wondering if one could flash the Cellular South SBF and then attempt to change the prl via CDMA workshop? I have located the PRL file for AW.

1KDS
09-03-2011, 11:28 AM
You might be able to change the PRL by simply reactivating, does AW use *228?

From the X

w4ymt
09-04-2011, 08:59 AM
You might be able to change the PRL by simply reactivating, does AW use *228?

From the X
They do. Theres a thought. May give that a try. Thanks.

spanky628
09-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Guys I'm in the same boat. SBF'd the Verizon update and lost data connection with AW. Was sent to AW and they wouldn't or couldn't do anything to SBF back to stock. I was waiting for them to get the update - tweak it and publish on their website (this is what they said they'd have to do). But of course months later and still nothing and still paying $30 a month for data I don't get. I'm sure it's in the radio / prl or something because I could manual activate and get talk / text working. Any resolution on this would be appreciated.

w4ymt
09-09-2011, 05:20 PM
I'm not holding my breath waiting for AW to post it. But in all reality, if they did, it would save a lot of headaches on both ends. It sucks that customers on Cellular South and some of these other small carriers have something to fall back on and us guys stuck out here in the sticks have nothing. I mean, what's your options when your baseband is screwed? You have to send it back to Motorola and wait 2 to 4 weeks or just do without the data you're paying for.

ctizzle402
09-16-2011, 10:05 PM
I tried to switch roms on my x and i geuss i did it wrong long story short i had to sbf the phone and ended up losing my cricket service is there anything i can do to get my service back? i did a nandroid backup but having trouble getting to my x in to recovery mode... any help please.

savagerun
09-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Not sure about your cricket service but how are you trying to get in recovery? Are you on gingerbread?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

ctizzle402
09-17-2011, 12:04 AM
idk i used Android 2.3.3 System Version 4.5.602 (VRZ_MB810_4.5.602_1FF_01) (http://www.multiupload.com/ZCEAXVOASG) idk if u can c that link but now its flashed completely over to verizon... i figure i can get my settings and service back if i do a restore through my nandroid...

savagerun
09-17-2011, 12:15 AM
Ok so you did a sbf to 602 so now your stock and you'll need to root so heres what you need to root its a one click root http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/35634-gb-602-root-start-here-links-all.html and here's a good video to show you how
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxks-o2cd7E if you have more questions just ask someone will help

savagerun
09-17-2011, 12:24 AM
What rom were you on and what rom were you going to when you got in trouble?

ctizzle402
09-17-2011, 01:07 AM
do u think that my nandroid backup i did will restore my previous settings and service?...

savagerun
09-17-2011, 01:17 AM
I would think. The nandroid you made were you on 602 like you are now when you made it? Hopefully its on 602 which is gingerbread since you sbf'd to 602. If its on the old build which is froyo 340 you would need to be on froyo to get it.
Ok good luck i gotta get some sleep. If you need more help just give a yell someone will help you..

ctizzle402
09-17-2011, 01:52 AM
i rooted the phone it went through smoothly but after getting bootstrap and push recovery it wont pull up it boots to the m logo then goes black...

savagerun
09-17-2011, 01:55 AM
Ok are you using dx bootstrap or D2 bootstrap?

savagerun
09-17-2011, 02:07 AM
If your using droidx bootstrap go in your phone settings then press applications then press development and make sure usb debugging is UNCHECKED. Droid2 bootstrap is the newer version and is recommended for gingerbread but costs 3 bucks in the market.

savagerun
09-17-2011, 02:20 AM
Good luck i gotta get some sleep. Like i said before if you have more problems just give a yell someone will help.

ctizzle402
09-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Not sure about your cricket service but how are you trying to get in recovery? Are you on gingerbread?Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums Ok rooted and flashed my phone back to cricket all in one night!... feel pretty good for myself... now I kno I should leave phone as is but I would resolution like another rom urged then this 602 2.3.3 android version im running... wit steps should I take to get a stable but customizable rom that is compatible with myandroid version i am running 2.3.3 maybe even upgrade if possible.

savagerun
09-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Ok rooted and flashed my phone back to cricket all in one night!... feel pretty good for myself... now I kno I should leave phone as is but I would resolution like another rom urged then this 602 2.3.3 android version im running... wit steps should I take to get a stable but customizable rom that is compatible with myandroid version i am running 2.3.3 maybe even upgrade if possible.

Nice job. I'll send you a few links to some roms you could try in a little bit.

savagerun
09-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Here's APEX if you try this one make sure you don't download the AIO version http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/apex/35760-rom-droidx-apex-2-0-0-release-candidate-rc3-8-27-2011-a.html Here's SHUJI http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?3599-ROM-Shuji-ROM-2.1-DX Then theres Sensei Roms you have your choice of 3 versions to try http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-roms/36314-rom-4-5-602-gb-3-versions.html And Vortex rom which i also liked http://droidmodderx.com/romdroid-x-vortex-alpha-1-4-91411/ There's a few more also you could find if you do a search for droidx roms just make sure they are for 602. And make sure you read directions to keep yourself out of trouble haha...Always ask if your not sure of something even if you think it's a dumb question. Good luck...

savagerun
09-17-2011, 01:44 PM
And here's a video on installing Shuji rom. Most are installed the same way but there are some that are installed a little different so ALWAYS read directions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FJQA3Lmt0M
And you found out last night how important a nandroid backup could be and you could make nandroid backups of the roms you try and like that way its easy to go back and fourth from rom to rom if you'd like.

ctizzle402
09-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Yea u helped out alot I do appreciate it... idk if its the 602 or wut but I have problems getting into recovery rom manager and clockwork mod does it the best for me but not reliable...

savagerun
09-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Do you have droid2 bootstrap? Did you figure out which rom you want to try? I can walk you through it if you want but the video i linked should help you. If.you don't have droid2 bootstrap you can use droidx bootstrap its free in the market but with dx bootstrap you need to go in settings then appplications and press devolpment and uncheck usb debugging and use that to get in recovery. Don't even bother with rom manager.

savagerun
09-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Sorry maybe droidx bootstrap is not free but anyway if your gonna be flashing roms i would highly suggest buying droid2 bootstrap it works perfectly .

savagerun
09-17-2011, 04:23 PM
I don't know how you download roms but i download them on my phone. If you have problems downloading stuff on your phone using the stock browser get dolphin browser from the market. If you download roms on your phone they will be in your download folder just like the video link i gave you shows. And if possible download over wifi but I've never had issues when i didnt use wifi to download on my phone.

ctizzle402
09-17-2011, 06:14 PM
Lol I know I might b bugging but how do I get my extended battery to last 2 days like how some other people claim to do?

savagerun
09-17-2011, 06:45 PM
That don't know never had an extended battery.

w4ymt
09-25-2011, 08:32 PM
Has anyone come across an SBF that will work with Appalachian Wireless? (Original Post)

jmgib
12-03-2011, 08:48 PM
I haven't ever seen one posted anywhere. The generic NA image semi works, but you will lose data. I ran into that issue and had to take my phone in and get them to reflash it. I do have a copy of the Gingerbread update that was just released. I manually pulled it out of the cache before rebooting my phone.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk

hizdudeness
12-04-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm rolling in late to this conversation, but have you tried any of these? Milestone X SBF Files - Droid X SBF (http://sites.google.com/site/1kdsdroidx/home/milestone-x-sbf-files)

Baseband numbers are in the file names. I'm on ACS wireless in Alaska and the generic north American .sbf worked for me. I just had to re-activate my phone (*228) after I SBF'd

jmgib
12-05-2011, 05:15 AM
Like I said, I have tried the generic image and lost data.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk

dannymonte76
01-30-2012, 01:51 AM
So my phone has no service and it is for games and net thru wifi. Would i be safe using a generic sbf ?