PDA

View Full Version : HDMI Port on Droid X with OMGB 1.2.2

jazzbassist1
08-30-2011, 03:18 PM
Hey guys,

I've been happily running OMGB 1.2.2 for about 2 weeks now, and I love the simplicity and lack-of-bloat that it provides. There is one thing that I am curious about, however, and that is the use of the micro-HDMI port on the Droid X. I understand that a lot of the functionality that dealt with that port was tied in with Motoblur, and I do not expect there to be any stock support for HDMI-out.

I went to the android market, and there's an app called Xternal display for Droid X (Market link http://goo.gl/NPgsu) that I was going to use for screen mirroring, but it says it is incompatible with my device, which I'm assuming is because I'm on OMGB. I was wondering if anyone knows a way to fix this, because I would really like this functionality back.

Thanks guys. I appreciate your help

cory46
08-30-2011, 03:20 PM
Only way to fix is be on a blur based rom

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

fernbch
08-30-2011, 07:03 PM
That is correct hdmi is a blur function. AOSP roms do not support hdmi. Look at some of the other roms, there are some witj blur and without the bloat.

My Droid Thrives on the DarkSlide!!!

jazzbassist1
08-31-2011, 07:49 AM
Thanks you both for answering my question. Well, looks like I'm ROM hunting again. Any suggestions on a good one with a little Blur framework in it?

jloya
08-31-2011, 09:20 AM
im currently running DSX (DarkslideX) and use the HDMI out everrryy singgleee day, paired with the xternal display app it is a piece of cake to use. I mainly use it for netflix as I currently dont have internet

DSX is also one of the best if not thee best ROM I have tried, everything simple works and it is stabbbblleee, not to mention battery life is the best.

just note that when using the external display app the moment you connect the hdmi cable the screen on the X will freeze due to hardware limitations...however the screen is still active and whatever you touch/open will be conveyed onto the TV screen.

for example dont plug the phone in, then attempt to open a movie app or netflix as it will be hard to guess exactly where to screen, especially if you need to type the name of the show. I normally pick the show then plug the device and and only having to hit "play" makes it alot simpler :p