PDA

View Full Version : Shuji? Fuji? Now I'm Hungry!~

Remedy
08-28-2011, 10:36 PM
Okay, so I have successfully rooted my phone:
Now its time to tackle the task I had at hand, the whole reason I rooted my phone in the first place:
REPLACE THE OS/ROM!

JUST NOW @ 9:50PM (CST, GMT-6) my phone's keyboard froze on me! D:< GRR!
It hasn't done that in ages ;-; This is why I need me some good OS that won't do this on me...

2.3.3 over the air GB has been having a tendancy to reboot itself for no reason at least 2-5 times throughout the day. As you can imagine, this is VERY much a pain in the battery (HA!)
So, I was told "Shuji" is the best with battery life, which is great because I LOVE good battery life.
So...what do I need, where do I go, and how do I go about doing this?
Bear in mind, I'm pretty much retarded when it comes to this, seeing as I lack the major terminology and all that good stuff. I'm new to the scene :P Don't rip me apart just yet...
Uhm...That's about it ^.^'
I'll go google Shuji now, but I'm sure y'all will be able to help me better than google can!

~Rem

Icon posted: Happy, 'cause I'm making some awesome progress! :D

B1GD
08-28-2011, 11:02 PM
im assuming you are on froyo, if not, sbf with the link below. first you need to be on .596 kernel, get this from the team black hat app (2 part pre rooted) Head over to rootzwiki.com and do a search for shuji for dx and dl that. install the 2 part .596 then (wipe data/cache/dalviv) then install shuji (wipe data/cache/dalvic) in clockwork recovery (use droid 2 bootstrap app from market). then you should be golden

*edit* if any of this is confusing, the thread in rootzwiki.com that has shuji has good instructions as well
heres the link..... here (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=2432&highlight=shuji)

Remedy
08-28-2011, 11:33 PM
Uhm...okay I'm on .602, and I understand I need to be on .596, but..how do I do that?
And I have this page already open (thanks to google)
[ROM] Shuji ROM - DX (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=2432&highlight=shuji)BUT
What I need to know is how to get to .596, then how to flash this...PROPERLY xD
I'll google how to get to .596 I guess...BRB!!

EDIT: Okay..I can't find anything anywhere about going from .602 to .596, but I think I read somewhere that Shuji is on .602...so don't I not have to make it .596?
And if I'm still on .602, won't that in turn NOT fix my [FREEZE DURING MUSIC PLAYBACK] problem? :\ Grr!!
This is getting tougher and tougher--but I'm tougher ^_^
Just not as smart >.<

im assuming you are on froyo, if not, sbf with the link below. first you need to be on .596 kernel, get this from the team black hat app (2 part pre rooted) Head over to rootzwiki.com and do a search for shuji for dx and dl that. install the 2 part .596 then (wipe data/cache/dalviv) then install shuji (wipe data/cache/dalvic) in clockwork recovery (use droid 2 bootstrap app from market). then you should be golden

*edit* if any of this is confusing, the thread in rootzwiki.com that has shuji has good instructions as well
heres the link..... here (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=2432&highlight=shuji)

Remedy
08-29-2011, 02:09 AM
EDIT EDIT EDIT:::::
NOW I HAVE MY PHONE IN .340 AND I CAN'T ROOT IT!!!
I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ROOT IT, AND I CAN'T MAKE ANYTHING WORK
IF I CAN'T ROOT IT IT WON'T GO TO .496,
IF I CAN'T GET IT TO .496 I CAN'T GET SHUJI
ALL I WANTED WAS SHUJI,
AND NOW MY PHONE IS BECOMING MORE USELESS THAN IT ALREADY WAS REBOOTING EVERY 5 MINUTES
PLEASE FFS CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?!?!

EDIT EDIT: ....I have 2.3.340...I need 496 to get shuji to work :\
UGH brb...some more...

EDIT: 8D I pressed the search button and it worked!
Okay, so I googled it >_> but still...
Um..., wait
E: Can't open /cache/recover/command

--nevermind I just put "Hide"...uuuhhh I think I need my phone operational? yeah, totally. I have to ensure its .496, right? OH! silver M! c'mon DROID then EYE then "VERIZON WIRELESS" (and that hot redheaded lifeguard as my background! wait...um...okay I need sleep, but not until I have Shuji, darnit!)

Okay...I took the steps necessary to get .496, I think I have it because I have the silver Moto "M" symbol at boot up...but now it just does "DROID" then "EYE" then "DROID" then "EYE" over and over again... >_>
So...now I did "Power" + "Home" to go into recovery mode, but "+" + "-" Volume buttons don't bring up "Factory Reset" like its supposed do... Here I was feeling good cause I thought I figured it out, and I think I'm stuck now... :\ Grr!

darkstar73
08-29-2011, 03:15 AM
http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=3599

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Remedy
08-29-2011, 03:40 AM
Ooooooooookay, here's my progress I've made (miraculously!)
1. Your phone is running the 2.3.340 official Froyo Firmware. <--- Done, first off!!
2. Your phone has been rooted. <--- 4th step! lol I activated the phone and got some one-click rooting program, neat! super user activated!
3. Your phone is using the Droid2 Bootstrap program (Do Not Use DroidX Bootstrap). <--- 2nd to be completed, I had to pay $2.99 but whatever..
4. Download both PART1 and PART2 files from above – drop them on SD card. <---part 1 I got it from the website the link provided Part2 I got from another place cause the first place was gonna make me wait for and hour and a half!!!

Now this is where it gets complicated for me...
5. Bootstrap into recovery.

6. Install PART1, followed by PART2 without rebooting. <--- how? how to install?
I put them on the SD card...and unzipped them on my phone...
Either way
I rebooted with the bootstrap program, and....
THIS is what is on my screen:

"reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
install zip from sdcard
backup adn restor
mounts and storage
advanced

ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.8"

Okay...now this is where I'm really REALLY going to need some help >.< because I don't want to screw this up, and I just want to put Shuji on my phone and get some sleep...

~Rem

Remedy
08-29-2011, 03:46 AM
>_> I'm going to make this work if it kills me...

[ROM] Shuji ROM 2.0 - DX (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=3599)

Remedy
08-29-2011, 04:10 AM
OMG I'm Finally done. I did it. I'm installing Shuji right now
for .596 GB
I worried
I fretted
I cursed
I spazzed out
I almost peed my pants (but luckily I made it to the restroom)

OMG...I finally did it...
I have Shuji 1.0
I'm going to hang onto 1.0 for a hot minute and revel in the fact that I not only learned something new today, but I've actually got the hang of flashing!! WHOA!!!

;-; Tears of justice stream down my cheek
I've won a victory for the little green robot
and most importantly, for my phone!

Thank you Droid X Forums!

~Rem

Zzzzzzz....

darkstar73
08-29-2011, 05:23 AM
That's a lot of work considering shuji 2.0 is on. 602, which it seems you were on before you started this endeavour.

Remedy
08-29-2011, 12:48 PM
I was ;-; I was on .602 and everyone said I needed .596 and through trial and error and making Google my bish I finally (at 3 AM in the morning) I got .596, rooted, and flashed Shuji 1.0. But now I need to know which is better for Droid X and which is better on battery.
Any ideas? <3
~Rem

phantomworks
08-29-2011, 01:36 PM
since you have already learned how to sbf, root, flash, etc. you might as well check out shuji 2.0. I just flashed it yesterday from MIUI and love the speed and battery life. Miui would use 15% battery over 7 hours at night, while shuji is only using 4-5. (note: i think that most rom's perform similarly during heavy usage, it's just that gingerbread roms are better in the standby state) For example, at night you use much less power on shuji, but if you are watching netflix, battery life is about the same for gingerbread (shuji, apex) vs. 2nd int roms (cm7, miui, etc)

don't worry, the rom flashing addiction is just starting... :p

Remedy
08-29-2011, 02:26 PM
So now I have to sbf to .602 then root then flash 2.0?

Edit: also, I have 4hrs 15min of usage and I'm down to 50%...lol

DebianDog
08-29-2011, 02:42 PM
So now I have to sbf to .602 then root then flash 2.0?

I just restore my Nandroid backup of 602

Remedy
08-29-2011, 02:51 PM
I just restore my Nandroid backup of 602
I didn't think I would be restoring anything xD so I never made a backup...eheheh...heh...
Hm.. >_>
SO! I should very well still have everything I need to SBF to froyo (grey moto "M" symbol at bootup)
Then I have to...root it (should still have that too!) then...um...sbf .602? or... 2 part instal .602 like I did for .594...okay so...yeesh! XD I gotta let my phone recharge anyway! AHAHAHAHA

DebianDog
08-29-2011, 03:15 PM
There is a all the way to .340 > .602 ZIP file but I did it the old way.

Remedy
08-29-2011, 05:21 PM
There is a all the way to .340 > .602 ZIP file but I did it the old way.

Yeah, I think I tried that, and failed lol. No...wait I just tried going from .594 to .340 (non SBF) and it failed and bricked my phone
Once the phone bricked, RSD Lite recognized it, I SBF .340 onto it, Rooted, 2 Part installed .602, and then flashed Shuji 2.0! ^_^

DROID X .602 w/ Shuji 2.0

EDIT: My market seems to be acting up...its taking forever and won't just download the apps I want (Facebook, YouTube, Maps, Gmail, etc...)
I'll reboot the phone and try again after that. Though after all this unpacking, reflashing, sbf'ing, and rooting left and right, I'm down to 40% battery, :P lol
Will get back with you later!
I sure hope someone is reading this and has a helpful hint or something.
Cause I don't like that I just dropped 1.0 for 2.0 and my market isn't working xD

~Rem

YAYZ~!!!
Thank you Droid X Forums! :D I love you guys!
~Rem

Remedy
08-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Okay. I have .602 with Shuji 2.0,
My main issue now is in 1.0 I got the home screen to not rotate and now on 2.0 I can't seem to do the same thing.

Carpetman
09-03-2011, 09:23 AM
My problem with Shuji is that I can't find a wireless tethering app to use. I have tried a few but Big Red's hot spot sign up page keeps popping up.
Any help with this?

BHuber09
09-03-2011, 10:14 AM
I was on Shuji for a while, however i had the same problem with Big red webpage poping up. I think i switched for a few days before i remember Wug's zip to remove all that stuff. so after i flashed it i was good to go on tethering.
Let me find the link and ill hit you up
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/30948-wugpacked-gb-tether-patch-all-one-zips.html
(http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/30948-wugpacked-gb-tether-patch-all-one-zips.html)Just boot into recovery and flash this. you should be golden

Carpetman
09-04-2011, 03:47 PM
I was on Shuji for a while, however i had the same problem with Big red webpage poping up. I think i switched for a few days before i remember Wug's zip to remove all that stuff. so after i flashed it i was good to go on tethering.Let me find the link and ill hit you uphttp://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/30948-wugpacked-gb-tether-patch-all-one-zips.htmlJust boot into recovery and flash this. you should be golden I have the app but can't get. Droid2 bootstrap to open so I can use it. Any help?

BHuber09
09-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Go into the settings and clear the data of it

FreeMyMoto!!!